P3D not working anymore

Thread: P3D not working anymore

P3D not working anymore

The title says it all. P3D v3.4 was just Ok. I installed Envtex, no problems so far. Then I purchased and installed ASCA and tried to make it work with Envtex and after that P3D just wont start anymore. And I also have SimLauncherX which I installed but have not used at all.

I tried to uninstall the ASCA but still the simulator doen't start. Anyone had similar problems? Any ideas what to do, please?

What operating system are you running on your PC and have you installed any Windows updates recently?

Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    The title says it all. P3D v3.4 was just Ok. I installed Envtex, no problems so far. Then I purchased and installed ASCA and tried to make it work with Envtex and after that P3D just wont start anymore. And I also have SimLauncherX which I installed but have not used at all.

I tried to uninstall the ASCA but still the simulator doen't start. Anyone had similar problems? Any ideas what to do, please?
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Blog Entries
    When you say P3D wont work any more, what exactly happens?
    How far into the boot does it get before it quits?
    What is showing before it shuts itself down?
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Delete Your own Prepar3D.cfg from AppData and run exe to build it again.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    If the rebuilt cfg doesn't work, go to Control Panel/Programs and Features. Right click on PD3 client and select repair.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Delete Your own Prepar3D.cfg from AppData and run exe to build it again.

This is what I did and now the sim starts again. All I have to do is to find all the best settings again but that's not a big issue.

Thank you everyone for your answers and help.

Blog Entries
    This is what I did and now the sim starts again. All I have to do is to find all the best settings again but that's not a big issue.

Thank you everyone for your answers and help.
    If you saved a copy of the cfg file before deleting it, try reusing it again. Sometimes I am surprised how just swapping it out and back can make a difference. Who are we to understands the gods of Binary? If it kills PD3 again, start replacing the lines you changed in the original cfg one at a time.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    If you saved a copy of the cfg file before deleting it, try reusing it again. Sometimes I am surprised how just swapping it out and back can make a difference. Who are we to understands the gods of Binary? If it kills PD3 again, start replacing the lines you changed in the original cfg one at a time.

What a cool idea! I'll give it a try.

I recall from HiFi Sim forum, there is a registry entry that Windows 10 like to put on disregard. So you go in and delete the registry entry. I apologize that I cannot find that reference again this minute.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    I recall from HiFi Sim forum, there is a registry entry that Windows 10 like to put on disregard. So you go in and delete the registry entry. I apologize that I cannot find that reference again this minute.
    How can you find that registry? An idiot-guide for that would be highly appreciated....

How can you find that registry? An idiot-guide for that would be highly appreciated....

You can find instructions on Tech Support Forum at HiFi Simulation. For me to guide you would be the blind leading the blind. The Windows registry is no place for guessing.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

We have this one reported occasionally.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
    Prepare3D.exe $~ IgnoreFreeLibrary<Orbx_ObjectFlow_x64.dll>

You can find instructions on Tech Support Forum at HiFi Simulation.
    is about as helpful as telling someone to look for a needle in one of a field full of haystacks.
    Regards,
    Nick

I am so sorry Nick. It is the best I can do. Perhaps you can give us an idiot's guide to find the registry entry as requested?
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Hello,
    If the registry entry is there, it should be found by opening the Windows Registry Editor.
    The file is regedit.exe and you can find it in the Windows root folder.

From there, it works much like Windows File Explorer, so you navigate to the location like this

Regards,
    Nick

LOL
    My compliments Nick. You have the patience of a saint.
    Sue

Members who have read this thread: 0