Land based arrestor cables no longer working

Thread: Land based arrestor cables no longer working

Land based arrestor cables no longer working

Hi there

I got two land based arrestor cable sceneries for our two airbases in Switzerland, LSMM and LSMP. Unfortunately the cables were made for FSX and since my upgrade to P3Dv4 they do no longer work. Is there any way to fix this? Is it layer dependant? Is there a form to convert the XML BGL to V4?

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards
    Martin

As far as I'm aware, it's a case of waiting to see if Doug Dawson updates his Arrester.gau to 64 bit.

/Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    Hi there

I got two land based arrestor cable sceneries for our two airbases in Switzerland, LSMM and LSMP. Unfortunately the cables were made for FSX and since my upgrade to P3Dv4 they do no longer work. Is there any way to fix this? Is it layer dependant? Is there a form to convert the XML BGL to V4?

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards
    Martin
    Is this about the scenery , or the arrestor function itself ??

And if it's the arrestor function not working: are you using this with the basic FSX-Accel features, or have you installed an addon in your aircraft (like Dougs Arrestor gauge of my COP3 package) ...?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Is this about the scenery , or the arrestor function itself ??

And if it's the arrestor function not working: are you using this with the basic FSX-Accel features, or have you installed an addon in your aircraft (like Dougs Arrestor gauge of my COP3 package) ...?

Rob
    The scenery. The arresting works in general. Carrier landings are OK. Except for the AS F-14.

You can download them here
    http://www.isra.ch/Sceneries/vSAF_Arrestor_Cables.zip

Michel Panattoni did them actually.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    Hi there

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards
    Martin

Not sure it this is of use or still needed, but I've been looking for ARRCAB addon that works with P3d v4 for some time now. I finally gave up and wrote a little addon based on the ARRCAB 2.6 program for FSX (but this works for p3d v4 - any land or carrier landing and any plane). Very scaled down and no gauges related to the ARRCAB, just simple catapult and Arrestor Cables armed by Shift-f9 and Shift-f10 like ARRCAB 2.6.

It's freeware at http://stpaulairlines.com/index.php?...download&cid=8

SPARRCABP3dv4.zip

John

Members who have read this thread: 1