MV DHC-3 Otter preview
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MV DHC-3 Otter preview

MV DHC-3 Otter preview

After DHC-2 "Beaver" of Milviz something is new on his desk from "bush series aircrafts".

The final of this year will be interesting and competition has good and fresh breath for customers always ;>.
    Model of JF/AH is released but next DHC-3 "Otter" incoming too from Milviz side. Here is preview (yes, it's a WiP still but months...or weeks trust me, not years ; ).
    Monster incoming.

Wheel version:

Last edited by YoYo; October 13th, 2017 at 09:11.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Floats version:

The goal is: FSX & P3D1-4.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Holy Shiny Exhaust Pipes, Batman!! This is too much for an honest Otter loving bush pilot !

But Bring it on! Bring it on! Bring it on!

Well, they knew they were up to JF with their Otter project so they had to go the extra mile, didn't they... Looking at these screenies i think they even went a bit further than that ! Holy Moly! The detailing is amazing and particularly the VC looks superb. LOVE the eyebrow gauges ! ( where have i seen those before.. )

Still, pretty happy with the JF Otter as well but it seems to be only a prelude now...
    Made my day, Yoyo ! Thanks !!

cheers,
    jan

Wow! Thanks for the images. Interesting how the two companies have approached this airplane differently. Textures, tires, exhausts, cowl, motor, VC... completely different between the two.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I’d be most interested in the two flight models... can’t wait to hear more...

Best- C

FlightSim extortion..... We go from No Otters to Two Otters in a matter of months. If I would have known Milviz had that in the pipes... I would have forgone the AH Otter that seems a little "quirky" But works. The Milviz Beaver is a nice representation and a good Flight Model...and I'd bet their Otter would be the same. I'm not complaining...just my billfold is a bit thin.

The Milviz Otter has been announced in MV forum since August and since June in the FB page. It was also mentioned here in June: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3-Otter-Milviz

As for the FDE, Tom Falley, who did the Beaver and has considerable yoke time in both beasts is working on it.

WIP for the Milviz DHC-3

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Looking drop dead gorgeous ! (excellent work, Gunnar ) but it's got to be said, while still WIP, the engine intake is too big, showing too much of the engine

And the floats are way too skinny

Hopefully something can be done about it still..

cheers,
    FOL (Fricking Otter Lover)

I’d be most interested in the two flight models... can’t wait to hear more...

Best- C
    I know, You will like it, DHC-3 it's Canadian's An-2 .

FlightSim extortion..... We go from No Otters to Two Otters in a matter of months
    Btw. two models? FSAddon (Francois) works too on DeHavilland aircraft as I know (but perhaps different version, maybe Otter Turbo or the other kind of bush plane, I dont know exactly ; ).

the engine intake is too big, showing too much of the engine
    It will be checked on 3D model.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Btw. two models? FSAddon (Francois) works too on DeHavilland aircraft as I know (but perhaps different version, maybe Otter Turbo or the other kind of bush plane, I dont know exactly ; ).
    Well, i do know exactly : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1062494

As you can see it's the radial version as well. We scrapped the project as both AH and Milviz were much more ahead (maybe pick it up later as freeware)

It will be checked on 3D model.
    Cool! Thanks!

cheers,
    jan

Nice Gunnar! It might be the angle, but I think the proportions on the Norwegian roundel are slightly off (the center blue bar seems to wide?). I have a layered roundel made on top of the drawing in the RNoAF T.O. if you are interested.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Here is the only picture I could find of the real world aircraft (lots of pictures of models).

http://fritel.fr/

if your undecided

download the demo version from JF and then buy the MV otter,

MV do refunds, if you find that you like one or the other you can keep what you have or get a refund and then get the other

its a win win

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Nice Gunnar! It might be the angle, but I think the proportions on the Norwegian roundel are slightly off (the center blue bar seems to wide?). I have a layered roundel made on top of the drawing in the RNoAF T.O. if you are interested.
    Thanks Jens Ole.
    Check your PM.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Definitely a purchase for me. Guess I'm going to overdose on Otters this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blank+_6058e9cdfb6d598c8976e1031e8c01a2.png  
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Quote Originally Posted by arrowmaker View Post
    Definitely a purchase for me. Guess I'm going to overdose on Otters this year.

Well I was suitably impressed by the MV DHC-2 that I am prepared to wait for their DHC-3 Otter. I am sure it will be as higher quality as their other products. I booted the VirtualCol version into the bin and well after the cluster with another companies offerrings (virtually every product in the past year or so has been the same, major bugs and faults not minor issues) I just don't have the bother factor to do it again.

On another noted I would agree the cowling needs to be a little fatter and the floats a bit larger. Looking at their website it seems this one has been worked on since 2014 so it has been a long time coming. This time I will wait. Sold when it appears.

Model will be faster than You think. The progress goes really fast !

Ski version:

Looks great! Only thing I don't like about Milviz releases is that they charge extra for ski/float/tundra models of the same plane like they did with the beaver. I mean the base model of the Beaver costs like $40 alone and then you have to pay extra for ski/float/tundra models of the very same plane. It's just too rich for my blood, charging for DLC on what basically already is a DLC, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by addman View Post
    Looks great! Only thing I don't like about Milviz releases is that they charge extra for ski/float/tundra models of the same plane like they did with the beaver. I mean the base model of the Beaver costs like $40 alone and then you have to pay extra for ski/float/tundra models of the very same plane. It's just too rich for my blood, charging for DLC on what basically already is a DLC, lol!
    @Addman,
    sorry but it isnt the true.
    The regular wheel/ski/float/tundra and amphibian version You have in the one package and in the one price. So not as You wrote - only "the base model" but... 5 models in the one package.
    Only expansion was payware (Baver STOL version + crop duster).

About DHC-3 You will receive versions like this: Ski, Straight Floats, Amphibian and Regular Gear.

@Addman,
    sorry but it isnt the true.
    The regular wheel/ski/float/tundra and amphibian version You have in the one package and in the one price. So not as You wrote - only "the base model" but... 5 models in the one package.
    Only expansion was payware (Baver STOL version + crop duster).

About DHC-3 You will receive versions like this: Ski, Straight Floats, Amphibian and Regular Gear.
    Just checked the Milviz product page for the beaver, you were right, I was wrong sorry about that. I got the impression that the "Play and spray" expansion was just skis/tundras/floats for extra cash. The Milviz Otter looks great, judging from screenshots. It will be interesting to see how it differs from the Just Flight model. I'll buy one of them for sure, just depends which will be the most accurate and immersive representation of the real thing.

Cheers!/Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by addman View Post
    Just checked the Milviz product page ...
    No problem!

Amphibian version preview:

Next beautiful skin incoming to the package (Skyhawk's work):

Next beautiful skin incoming to the package (Skyhawk's work):

Beautiful modeling all around. Those textures! Looks like yet another winner from Milviz.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 1