Nvidia users check this out!

Thread: Nvidia users check this out!

Nvidia users check this out!

Interesting read from Flight sim labs suggesting a simple way to reduce vas for P3Dv3 but should work for FsX, especially FsX Dx10 users.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/ind...uce-vas-usage/

If there is consensus I'll move it to the tweaks and tips forum. (I am trying it now.)
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Interesting read from Flight sim labs suggesting a simple way to reduce vas for P3Dv3 but should work for FsX, especially FsX Dx10 users.
    This has been around for some time. However, it can have knock-on consequences. This from Tweak Guides (http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_7.html):

"Shaders are programs written to implement customizeable visual effects in games, such as various lighting, shadow and surface effects. These shader programs are often compiled (prepared for execution) during loading screens, or in open-world games they may be compiled as you move to a new area or see new objects. The act of compiling shaders can increase loading times, and if the shaders are compiling during gameplay, this can increase CPU usage, reducing performance and also possibly resulting in stuttering. Worse still, compiled shaders are usually discarded after you exit a game, so the process is repeated the next time you run the game. The Shader Cache feature in the GeForce drivers is designed to create a storage location for compiled shaders on your drive so that the next time you run a game and it needs to use particular shaders, it can use the precompiled stored shaders rather than compiling them again. This should speed up loading times, improve performance and reduce the potential for stutter."

Yes, I think it will benefit Dx10 users more and my soak test in Dx10 (2 hours) leads me to believe it is having a useful effect.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Damnation! I just spent 10 mins wondering where my NVInspector had gone..... then realized I had bought a Radeon card last week and had removed Inspector ..... DOH! Must be getting old.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Damnation! I just spent 10 mins wondering where my NVInspector had gone..... then realized I had bought a Radeon card last week and had removed Inspector ..... DOH! Must be getting old.
    Ha ha...know the feeling
    SYSTEM :

Couldn't observe much change in FSXSE DX10. 100 MB perhaps, but attributable to normal fluctuations.

Members who have read this thread: 0