FSX Native Douglas A-20 Havoc Released - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native Douglas A-20 Havoc Released

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    so no alpha, and only the small speculars that we see in the common texture folder? Let's see what we can do with those..or are there plans for an updated version with alpha's?
    The specular textures in the common folder are just neutralized place holders. When you want to use the specs, use the large templates from the paint kit and the size you wish and put them in livery specific folders as any changes would be specific to a livery.

Sorry, I have no plans to change and re-export the 22 exterior and interior models. :-) That would be a good 8-hour job with lots of room for errors.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Green Hornet in 2048 dds format is available in the library.................

Enjoy,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Green Hornet in 2048 dds format is available in the library.................

Enjoy,
    Huub
    Huub, I've really been enjoying your paints. They are outstanding! Thank you.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Hey, Huub, that Hornet with the bomb in his hands was close to the same squadron symbol for my dad's outfit. He was in the 21st bombardment group stationed in the Aleutians and on Saipan during WWII. He was a groundcrew chief supervising bomb loads for the B-29s. This patch and matching squadron ring of his are on display at the March AFB Museum.

Well, pretty close, anyway!

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Mr.Zippy. perhaps not as strange as you may think. Many of these "cartoon" nose arts were designed by the Walt Disney studios.
    It could well be that the unit and this particular aircrew used (more or less) the same design (apart from the colours and cigar...).

Thanks for the kind words Steve and Zsolt, you know that I like them worn................

Cheers,
    Huub

My personal favourite has just been uploaded in 2048 dds format.

get it while its still hot

Cheers,
    Huub

Famous Grim Reapers squadron

Great work,thank you all paints!

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Gordon your bump maps and repaint are superb Sir ! Mike

OK, I tried working with the spec files, but I cn't get a proper metal look, so I am shelving this paint.

should anyone want it as it is, just send me a pm, ok?

since I was playing with the different files anyway, I thought I might follow in Gordon's footsteps and try my hand at some bump mapping, with better results I think:

so my next paint will include these, and you can use them for the other paints as well.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Gordon your bump maps and repaint are superb Sir ! Mike
    Thank you sir.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries
    Just a HU,

I took about 60 hours out of my schedule to do the bump maps and textures for the A-20. That was Pro Bono, along with a lot of other comps I've placed on this site.

If another artist wishes to do a set of bumps, better than mine, I have no problem with that at all.
    I just think there is an appropriate way to go about doing that.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Just a HU,

I took about 60 hours out of my schedule to do the bump maps and textures for the A-20. That was Pro Bono, along with a lot of other comps I've placed on this site.

If another artist wishes to do a set of bumps, better than mine, I have no problem with that at all.
    I just think there is an appropriate way to go about doing that.

I think he may have meant that his bumps turned out better than his bare metal attempt -- not that his bumps are better than anyone else's. I'm just guessing, but it seems like a possibility.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    I think he may have meant that his bumps turned out better than his bare metal attempt -- not that his bumps are better than anyone else's. I'm just guessing, but it seems like a possibility.
    +1
    That's how I also understood Jan Kees' remark.

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by roger-wilco-66; October 22nd, 2017 at 08:15.
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

indeed!
    I was frustrated with the metal, so being successful with the bumps cheered me up again. I never compared them to Gordon's, would never dream of doing that.
    BTW, I included only bumps for the A-20C, but then for all parts, so the wings and engines as well.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

indeed!
    I was frustrated with the metal, so being successful with the bumps cheered me up again. I never compared them to Gordon's, would never dream of doing that.
    BTW, I included only bumps for the A-20C, but then for all parts, so the wings and engines as well.
    jankees,

My apologies for getting this done so slowly, but I am deep into another project right now.

I went thru the model you were working on, the a20ru one without gun pods, and assigned alpha qualities as well as added a Fresnel Ramp.

I did a quick test it it all seems to work.

So, I have created a new model for you to test your livery, called "model.a20rur".
    If you would test this with your "Steak and Eggs" livery, I would be most appreciative.

Attached is the model folder.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reflect.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    indeed!
    I should get more sleep. Thanks Jan Kees.

Drinks are on me.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    jankees,

My apologies for getting this done so slowly, but I am deep into another project right now.

Thanks
    Milton, you wonderful man! So slowly...so fast you mean! Thank YOU!
    and it works brilliantly!

OK, this is what I had:

A bit too shiny maybe? So some tweaking coming up...

Blog Entries
    Metal....!!!!

Nice!!!! Now were talkin'.
    Thomas Jefferson

Milton, you wonderful man! So slowly...so fast you mean! Thank YOU!
    and it works brilliantly!

OK, this is what I had:

A bit too shiny maybe? So some tweaking coming up...

Beautiful, thanks Milton and Jan Kees!

Great! I think you are right jankees but should be easily correctable.

Just FYI, the antennas on top are mapped to where they sit if you want to take the reflectivity off them.

Also, I will hold this mod in limbo until I get word that all is well.

I added only specular to the Fresnel ramp.
    I also added the diffuse bmps to the specular color slot so that sun glare should take a hint of color from the livery.

Be cognizant of any non-reflective parts on the fusefront/rear, wings, engines, tails bmps.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

There are a few more field modification variants coming, just FYI.

Paintable nose and 3 nose gun variations for these models.

By request ... and when I have time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-oct-22-002.jpg   ms-2017-oct-22-003.jpg   ms-2017-oct-22-004.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Metal....!!!!

Nice!!!! Now were talkin'.

Are those salivary glands working hard there Gordon? :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

There are a few more field modification variants coming, just FYI.

Paintable nose and 3 nose gun variations for these models.

By request ... and when I have time.
    Yay! Now I can do a proper "Dusty"!

Blog Entries
    Are those salivary glands working hard there Gordon? :-)

Apparently you know me all too well Milton. I actually had a metal skin in the queue.
    I'm testing it in P3Dv4.1, seeing how the setup works with light effects there.

I'll let the other guys work with the skins, but I'll putter away on my end too.
    Thomas Jefferson

Members who have read this thread: 2