FSX Native Douglas A-20 Havoc Released
Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: FSX Native Douglas A-20 Havoc Released

FSX Native Douglas A-20 Havoc Released

Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive of the team's efforts.

Have a look and download here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...40#post1107240
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks Milton and team (Tom Falley, William Ellis, Nigel Richards, Roman Stoviak, Huub Vink, SteveB. Original Pilot figures by Jan Visser and Bill Ortis). Installing now

Thank you milton i will be sure to download it

I just have to beat jankees who is gunning for this

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Thank you milton i will be sure to download it

I just have to beat jankees who is gunning for this
    Just to avoid duplication of effort or stepping on someone else's toes, I am working on two more liveries at the moment: Hell 'N Pelican II and a sharkmouth version (there are several of those out there - my plan was to do Scremen Demon (sic). I have the nose art done for these, but had to set them aside while we finished the project up. Both are G models.

I look forward to paints from you folks. It will be a few days yet before I have revised paint kits out so hopefully you will be able to use the kits that are currently available until then. :-)

-Thank you Milton and your team!

A must have!

Alain

just wonderful!

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks alot - she is fantastic

All the Best

Dirk

Well, I went back to the VC01 work I was doing in order to up the resolution. Makes no difference in the end as a 4096x4096 looks no different than a 1024x1024. I assume what's happening is that since the VC texture is in the panel folder rather than the texture folder it is being forced to fit the current resolution of the placeholder (this is just a guess). If that is the case or if I'm even close then the VC panel is limited to a predetermined resolution.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Are there any RAF repaints anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    Are there any RAF repaints anywhere?
    I posted a link on the download page to SteveB's works. Lots of paints out there from Steve and Huub.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Well, I went back to the VC01 work I was doing in order to up the resolution. Makes no difference in the end as a 4096x4096 looks no different than a 1024x1024. I assume what's happening is that since the VC texture is in the panel folder rather than the texture folder it is being forced to fit the current resolution of the placeholder (this is just a guess). If that is the case or if I'm even close then the VC panel is limited to a predetermined resolution.
    Hi Ed, not sure what is wrong with the VC panel as released. Actually the texture is 1536x1536 and the space is well utilized. For a one man cockpit, that's certainly adequate.

Did you change the pixel size in the vcockpit section?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Hi Ed, not sure what is wrong with the VC panel as released. Actually the texture is 1536x1536 and the space is well utilized. For a one man cockpit, that's certainly adequate.
    Did you change the pixel size in the vcockpit section?
    I only started working on it as an alternative since a few folks mentioned it was a bit fuzzy (text mostly). It was fine for me. Actually, no I didn't change the pixel size....never thought of that. I'll give it try later....flying the P-70 Black Widow over Turkey right now, she's a beauty and the sound is great!

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I only started working on it as an alternative since a few folks mentioned it was a bit fuzzy (text mostly). It was fine for me. Actually, no I didn't change the pixel size....never thought of that. I'll give it try later....flying the P-70 Black Widow over Turkey right now, she's a beauty and the sound is great!
    Ed, yes, the text is small and a bit hard to read (there are tooltips). As you know, the aircraft texture mapping is shared across FS9 and FSX so I would suggest that mapping density, not texture size is the culprit.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well, I responded to all of your comments individually but for whatever reason, the forum software would not take the response. LOL

So, for all of your comments guys, thank you and we hope you get lots of flying pleasure from the package, and all the repaints that are already available.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, Milton and team for all of your hard work, on this A-20, and all of the other projects you have shared with the community. This is a wonderful aircraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
    Thank you, Milton and team for all of your hard work, on this A-20, and all of the other projects you have shared with the community. This is a wonderful aircraft!
    Thank you Sir; I assure you that it was a labor of love for the team to do this one. It's an awesome aircraft that needed a decent effort and it got it. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you Sir; I assure you that it was a labor of love for the team to do this one. It's an awesome aircraft that needed a decent effort and it got it. :-)
    Thank you for the great plane Milton really been enjoying it cant wait to see the B-26 finished up it will make for a smooth flyer as well Thank you to the SOH team as well
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

I have a minor request of Milton or anyone else who is willing to compare size with me! (Folder size, that is!) I am using only the A-20G folder with the full sound and panel folders from the A-20C. My A-20G folder is 319 MB. with 576 files and 20 folders. I am guessing that the .air file and aircraft.cfg are considered folders when checking the properties of the aircraft folder. I'm checking to see if anything is missing. This is the new version 1 download.

Thanks to anyone who responds back!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    I have a minor request of Milton or anyone else who is willing to compare size with me! (Folder size, that is!) I am using only the A-20G folder with the full sound and panel folders from the A-20C. My A-20G folder is 319 MB. with 576 files and 20 folders. I am guessing that the .air file and aircraft.cfg are considered folders when checking the properties of the aircraft folder. I'm checking to see if anything is missing. This is the new version 1 download.

Thanks to anyone who responds back!
    I get 577 and 20 adding G property numbers to the C Panel and Sound property numbers when counted separately. Combined may be correct.

EDIT: Do you now have glass and guns?

EDIT2: When combining the panel and sound folders to the G, then the redundant aliased sound cfg would be extra so your count is correct.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ed, yes, the text is small and a bit hard to read (there are tooltips). As you know, the aircraft texture mapping is shared across FS9 and FSX so I would suggest that mapping density, not texture size is the culprit.
    I'm chalking my efforts up to good practice and nothing more Milton. I think the VC is just fine. Back to flying. . . .headed off to Cyprus!

Current System Specs:

I get 577 and 20 adding G property numbers to the C Panel and Sound property numbers when counted separately. Combined may be correct.

EDIT: Do you now have glass and guns?
    No, unfortunately, still no glass, guns, or rear gunner canopy. 577 files compared to my 576? I wonder if Uncle Norton is preventing a file from coming through in the download?? Maybe disable Norton antivirus and re-download??
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    No, unfortunately, still no glass, guns, or rear gunner canopy. 577 files compared to my 576? I wonder if Uncle Norton is preventing a file from coming through in the download?? Maybe disable Norton antivirus and re-download??
    Re-read my post above please
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Re-read my post above please
    Re-read. Thanks Milton. Actually I always delete the entire folder containing the aliased sound and panel and replace with the real ones.
    I will keep at this until I find a solution. Thanks for all of your help

Thank you Milton and team!
    Greenhouse357

Members who have read this thread: 2