Douglas A-20 Havoc Release v1.0 for FSX/P3D Only
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Douglas A-20 Havoc Release v1.0 for FSX/P3D Only

Douglas A-20 Havoc Release v1.0 for FSX/P3D Only

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military Props

Description: Douglas A-20 Havoc Release v1.0 for FSX/P3D Only
    (Will NOT work in FS9)

by Milton Shupe, Tom Falley, William Ellis, Nigel Richards, Roman Stoviak, Huub Vink, SteveB. Original Pilot figures by Jan Visser and Bill Ortis. Thanks to GLH for his early research and work on the aircraft.cfg data.

Thanks to Huub and SteveB for allowing use of two each of their texture sets. Great stuff!
    Links to more of their paints included.

Pkg incl 4 models, 20 model variants, authentic sounds by Nigel Richards, custom Flight Model, and great paints for each model.

Contents:
    FSX aircraft: A-20C, A-20G, P-70A1, P-70A2
    Effects: two

The paint kits for this package are available at Sim-outhouse uploaded by Wellis.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ks.php?catid=8

More Paints by Huub Vink:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=14&sort=d

More Paints by Steve "Stalin" Baldwin:
    Thread showing SteveB's paints progress:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1088048

Other aircraft paints by Steve: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...02-My-Repaints

Milton Shupe
    October 12, 2017

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Douglas A-20 Havoc Release v1.0 for FSX/P3D Only
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

A few screenshots ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C Exterior.jpg   included aircraft.jpg   C Bombardier Nose.jpg   G Exterior.jpg   G turret animated.jpg   P-70A1 Exterior.jpg  

P-70A2 Exterior.jpg   VC.jpg   G RidinHigh.jpg   G vvs255.jpg   C 84th.jpg   C Aero53.jpg  

C SAAF.jpg   G HildaShane.jpg   G LittleJoe.jpg   G QueenJulia.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Work on the Hi-Res (4096x4096) Cockpit textures is still ongoing. I got sidetracked with the S-55 revisions, but now that those are complete I'm back to finish the Havoc. Honestly it required more detail work than I first anticipated but It will be finished. . .hopefully in the next few days.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Woohooooo

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I have been looking for a good A-20 for YEARS!! Thank you for finally filling this need! I am a big fan of WW2 twins, and have your Lockheeds, the A-26, and many others, but no decent A-20, now I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontech View Post
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I have been looking for a good A-20 for YEARS!! Thank you for finally filling this need! I am a big fan of WW2 twins, and have your Lockheeds, the A-26, and many others, but no decent A-20, now I do!
    Thank you for the comments. We hope there are lots of pleasurable hours of flying for you in this one. :-)

We hope the have the B-26 Marauder out in a few months so maybe that one will fit your needs as well.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

We hope the have the B-26 Marauder out in a few months so maybe that one will fit your needs as well.[/QUOTE]

I am sure it will! I am well impressed with ALL your teams work.

Of course, now I am working on a bare-metal texture for the A-20-G, "Little Chief" from the 321st BS, 90th BG. Thanks for the paint kit, for that.

I am a habitual repainter and think I need to be in a twelve step program!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails e23bfe17fb00.jpg  

Have a question, sir.

I've made good progress on Little Chief, BUT, it's dull looking. I've edited the alpha so that it SHOULD show shine, but it doesn't. I've never tried to add shine to a matte finish before. is there something I need to do to activate the alpha channel?

Any advice to bring this plane to life would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171028195212_1.jpg   20171028193740_1.jpg   20171028224750_1.jpg  

Have a question, sir.

I've made good progress on Little Chief, BUT, it's dull looking. I've edited the alpha so that it SHOULD show shine, but it doesn't. I've never tried to add shine to a matte finish before. is there something I need to do to activate the alpha channel?
    Any advice to bring this plane to life would be greatly appreciated!
    That looks great DT. The series does not support bare metal schemes ... due to an oversight on my part.

I will correct that for you and provide a model folder to put you back in business shortly.

EDIT: Attached is the a20grefl model folder to add to your A-20 G folder.
    It has the necessary material changes to the fuselage, wings, htails, and engines to accommodate bare metal textures.

EDIT 2: Corrected wing texture for reflectivity.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; October 29th, 2017 at 09:55.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    That looks great DT. The series does not support bare metal schemes ... due to an oversight on my part.

I will correct that for you and provide a model folder to put you back in business shortly.

It has the necessary material changes to the fuselage, wings, htails, and engines to accommodate bare metal textures.
    Perfect timing sir. TY !!!

I'm just finishing up the flush bumps for the G, and have a metal skin waiting.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Perfect timing sir. TY !!!

I'm just finishing up the flush bumps for the G, and have a metal skin waiting.
    LOL Ah, great! Look forward to that one.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

LOL Ah, great! Look forward to that one.

I second that!

Blog Entries
    First look Milton.

The basic metal skin is showing reflect on the engines, fuse front and rear, htails. No reflect on the wings in the sim and MCX. Not sure if this is my end, or a small niggle in the setup.
    Going on a short walk, but will check back in when I return. If the cats don't get me that is....lol.

Have a look.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

You, sir, are the greatest! Thank you!

You are correct ********. I missed the wings!

Will correct shortly and correct the zip above.

EDIT: Do you want Reflection also affected by the Fresnel ramp? Right now only specular is affected.

EDIT 2: Since you were out, I corrected the model but did NOT add reflectivity to the Fresnel ramp.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

You, sir, are the greatest! Thank you!

Hang on for a fix to that model DT.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Model corrected for the missing wing reflectivity, attached here and corrected the above attachment.

My apologies. :-)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    That got 'er done Milton. Absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited by gman5250; October 29th, 2017 at 11:23.
    Thomas Jefferson

Yes! A bare metal "G" in all its glory. Well done "G'ordon.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Yes! A bare metal "G" in all its glory. Well done "G'ordon.
    I've been flying it and tweaking here and there. It sure is pretty, and looks right at home with my other metal monsters.

Bottom line is it works extremely well with the specular files that come with the basic model. No changes for the metal model needed.
    I've got the bumps squared away, so they will do the heavy lifting on the paints. I set up the bump alphas to highlight the metal contours, and also augment the flat paints. It's a one size fits all deal. Sweet!

Last thing for me to do is a basic metal service skin for the G and C birds. That should get the painters squared away.
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Family Photo

Thomas Jefferson

I've been flying it and tweaking here and there. It sure is pretty, and looks right at home with my other metal monsters.

Bottom line is it works extremely well with the specular files that come with the basic model. No changes for the metal model needed.
    I've got the bumps squared away, so they will do the heavy lifting on the paints. I set up the bump alphas to highlight the metal contours, and also augment the flat paints. It's a one size fits all deal. Sweet!

Last thing for me to do is a basic metal service skin for the G and C birds. That should get the painters squared away.
    That sounds great Gordon; thank you very much. That should be really helpful to those wanting to express their bare metal livery artistry now.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Family Photo
    LOL That's great; I see you have that special one hanging back there in the hangar. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2020
    Family Photo

Polished metal rules

Absolutely magnificent.

Pete.

Blog Entries
    I took the plane into my usual test flight for light and color. It checks out just about perfect.

I've arrived at the conclusion that this is one of the finest paint kits I've ever worked with.
    This model should see a lot of attention from the "skinners".

The G model, in the application and simply gorgeous. Fantastic airplane Milton, just fantastic!

Thomas Jefferson

Thank you Gordon for all your efforts.

Wellis invested a lot of hours on the textures and paint kits. He came a long way during this project as demonstrated in his works.

As I told him long ago, "I'm glad I found you!" LOL We both got a chuckle around that comment. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 8