A2A's 3D Lights Redux install problems....

Thread: A2A's 3D Lights Redux install problems....

A2A's 3D Lights Redux install problems....

I recently uninstalled FSX SE and did a fresh reinstall. I am slowly reinstalling SOME addons and attempted (unsuccessfully) to reinstall 3D Lights Redux. Kept getting error message about some "corrupted" FSX files, or something like that. No answer on the A2A forum, although I did see a post from last year by someone with the same issue.

But is it worth the effort?? Steam sells the add on, but I am not about to buy it again. Nope. NC

Try again on the A2A forum.They are very efficient and very good

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Try again on the A2A forum.They are very efficient and very good

Cheers Chris
    I posted earlier today, before posting here. Will hopefully get a reply from A2A. NC

Surely you can download it again from steam.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Surely you can download it again from steam.

Cheers Chris
    Unfortunately did not buy it from Steam. I bought it from A2A's online store in '14. Redownloaded today, and hoped install would work, but no dice. Made sure during installation to "point" to correct FSX SE directory too. NC

FSXsteam provide the steam version of the product themselves under licence to A2A.

So it looks like you are out of luck.

This is as I understand it by the way.

Cheers Chris
    I noticed your post in A2A was added onto someone elses post dated february.You should raise your own seperate post.
    Last edited by speedy70; October 13th, 2017 at 07:35.

??? I use A2A 3d Lights Redux in FSX-Steam without problems in here. My installer file is from 07-26-2011 (swlights_redux_retail.EXE)
    The only detail is that the installer donīt find fsx folder for itself. You need to point where FSX-SE is istalled. But after that the instalation process works perfectly. Make sure to install the update file as well (swlights_utility_1.2a.EXE)
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I did all those steps. Pointed to FSX SE location, but I get a error, saying there are "corrupted files" . Bull crap.

Not or sure it is worth the trouble. NC

Saw some topics similar with your issue. Maybe one of them can help you:
    - https://a2asimulations.com/forum/vie...p?f=32&t=19621
    - https://a2asimulations.com/forum/vie...p?f=32&t=28752

The questions that they find relevant with this issue are:
    - Did you delete/modify any deafult airplane? (This goes to default effects files too like halo.bmp)
    - Can you run the FSX Registry repair tool to correct the proper FSX location in windows registry?

This two situations above results in "corrupted fsx files" issue with 3dlightRedux installer.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Saw some topics similar with your issue. Maybe one of them can help you:
    - https://a2asimulations.com/forum/vie...p?f=32&t=19621
    - https://a2asimulations.com/forum/vie...p?f=32&t=28752

The questions that they find relevant with this issue are:
    - Did you delete/modify any deafult airplane? (This goes to default effects files too like halo.bmp)
    - Can you run the FSX Registry repair tool to correct the proper FSX location in windows registry?

This two situations above results in "corrupted fsx files" issue with 3dlightRedux installer.
    Thanks for the links to those posts. I am running FSX Steam Edition, however, and all those fixes do not apply to FSX SE, and am hesitant to try them as a result! NC

Members who have read this thread: 0