Talented texture artist(s) required - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Talented texture artist(s) required

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Fixed that issue

Now they're so much easier to count!

Seriously, very nice work!

Blog Entries
    Really nice work so far. Looking forward to this one, I remember seeing them all the time in So Cal when I was a kid.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Our P-61 runs perfectly well in P3Dv4 and its a five year old model.. this should work fine..
    Yep and the C-119 has been repeatedly tested on my system (Win10_P3D_V4.1) with no problems at all. The big stumbling blocks are usually 32bit dll's and "gau" style gauges. . .this has neither.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Great to hear! I am gradually migrating to P3Dv4 and love what I am seeing here.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    No, no, no, no! You've got a D rivet in there, fifth from the left! They're all supposed to be DD rivets!
    Looking really nice, folks.

Received the Long Nose model from Larry yesterday and started work on it.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FWRKoi]

Excellent stuff there TG and Larry. Great to see this progress.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks Milton! Its been a joy to help on this one.

Storm! So glad you're still frequenting these parts!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Oh yes... It just keeps getting better and better.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Storm! So glad you're still frequenting these parts!
    Thanks Rick! I'm still pretty much out of the game these days but I can't help but admire the work on these pending projects. As such I feel compelled to chime in compliment those who are making it all happen (and will continue to do so in the future). Can't wait to see this model when it's done.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That looks so good. Model and textures. Brilliant work!
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    That looks so good. Model and textures. Brilliant work!
    +1, nice work and textures looks very well!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Working on a naked version. Starting to get the hang of what does what making specs and alphas. Lots of trial and error.

Awesome. That's a lot of work on those bump maps.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Thats a nice looking ride!!!!!!
    Rob Schreiber

looking very good!
    so sorry I don't have more time..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I am so thrilled to see this project making progress. All the work by all this talent is mind-numbing. I have never tried to design a flight simulator aircraft in my life. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who can and then provide the result as freeware. I'm speechless. I wish I could hug all of you.

I have dabbled in repaints and although for what I do I think I do well, it is obvious from the screenshots of tankerguy's work that I am light years behind him in skill. I've been using GIMP26 and Paint.net and can see now that I am just stumbling in the dark behind a very good group of talented people and seeing a glimmer of light ahead of me at times.

I have subscribed to this thread because I want to be there in line on day 1 of the release. I cannot begin to put in to words how amazing and talented all of you working or associated with this project are.

Thank you is all I got. I hope it's enough.

Randy
    Randy Tyndall
    It's congenital really. We're an aspiring species that doesn't have wings. What else would we dream of?-Mark Vanhoenacker, British Airways B747 pilot

Thanks for all the kind words I can say that I've definitely learned the majority of my skills from watching the fine folks on this site.

Don't get discouraged Randy, this is my first time doing full textures with bumps and specs and also first time trying bare metal textures. It's a never ending learning process and you never feel like you completely finish on a job.

Jeremy

Really impressive texture work man!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

As Tankerguy is doing such an amazing job on the textures I felt it was only fair to modify the C-119G to meet his preferred flying style. It's taken me more than two full days to build, map and animate all the parts but I'm getting there slowly. Now to duplicate everything and move it back and re-check all animations.

I think it's going to be worth all the effort in the end.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails doors_closed.jpg   doors_open.jpg  
    Larry

Members who have read this thread: 0