Talented texture artist(s) required - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Talented texture artist(s) required

This project seems fated.

Please could you notify us of the present situation.

It appears tankerguy has finished his texture work.

Is the project therefore ready for alpha testing and do you need any help.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    This project seems fated.

Please could you notify us of the present situation.
    It appears tankerguy has finished his texture work.
    Is the project therefore ready for alpha testing and do you need any help.
    Cheers Chris
    I will jump in here and just mention that it is past the testing stage for the most part. Missing textures and last minute code questions are holding it up right now. If those are well in hand then maybe Larry will have some additional info to add.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

All textures were finished and last I had heard it was being packaged for release

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    All textures were finished and last I had heard it was being packaged for release
    Exciting to hear! It looks fantastic!

Any news please?

Cheers chris

Any news please?
    Cheers chris
    Nothing in the last month. That was the last time I spoke to Larry. At that time, textures were holding it up, but those have been completed and as far as I know Larry has everything he needs to get it released. Ultimately he will be the final say on when and if it get's released.

Current System Specs:

Larry's last post was over a month ago. Hope all's okay with him!

Hi Ed don't like the sound of your "when and IF it will be relaesed".

Cheers Chris

Hi Ed don't like the sound of your "when and IF it will be released".
    Cheers Chris
    Understood, yet when you consider that in early December last year Larry was hoping to release it as a Christmas gift to the community. . .now we are at 6 months into the New Year. Also, it's not just the Boxcar, as he has several other very nice projects that are just as close to release but have been held up by others who are helping in various ways. Real World is always getting in the way and even the best of intentions don't always work out as expected.

Larry's the final word on releases and so he'll decide when. . .I'll put that "if" in a box for now, lol

Current System Specs:

The other worrying progress project is the C47.

Dutch was completing the sperry autopilot and the Jan would be releasing an update.

Neither Jan nor Dutch have been seen for many months.

It is such a shame that these wonderful projects are failing through lack of communication or drive with such great talented developers.

I wish i could help in any way and if any of you developers think I maybe of help in coordination or communication please please contact me.

Bazzar has also gone quiet on the Lancaster and the P47.

Cheers Chris

No not quiet, just waiting for the end of testing.

Oh no! A release date is slipping! There are no progress updates! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! HELP!!!

Bah.

Been on the sherbert again Bjoern?

Cheers Chris

"1. also sher·bert (-bûrt′) A frozen dessert made mainly of fruit juice or fruit purée, usually with sugar and milk or cream.2. Chiefly British A usually fruit-flavored effervescent powder, eaten as candy or made into a drink.

3. also sherbert Australian An alcoholic beverage, especially beer."

Which one?

The 3rd one.

It is also slang for being drunk as a result of drinking alcoholic beverages.

Cheers Chris

As an Aussie I've never heard Nr 3 being used.

No its an English expression.Like been on the pi**.

Cheers Chris

Hi folks, sorry for the lack of updates on the C-119 but I have been going through some life changes here and it's kept me away from my computer. As I mentioned in another thread my wife and I decided to quit smoking earlier this year and we have been 100% smoke free since April 1st. We are taking part in a health dept. sponsored quitting program which provides all our of quitting supplies (patches, lozenges/gum, oral nicotine spray etc.) FOC for as long as we are on the program. As well as the quitting products we get bi-weekly counseling and one of the big things they push is changing your habitual practices which act as triggers for smoking. In my case 99% of all my smoking was done while sitting at my desk so I have been avoiding spending long hours here hence the lack of updates and progress on the project. On the upside I have had chance to enjoy some of my old hobbies/pastimes that got neglected when I sat at my computer for every moment of the day. The urge to smoke at the computer is considerably reduced now so maybe I can see about getting this project finished.

In addition to the above I have been having some hardware issues that make testing any changes or even seeing the results of those changes difficult. A few months ago I had a major system crash that prevented my computer from even re-booting. I tried all sorts of things to fix the issue but in the end I had to resort to a new main HD and a complete re-install of Windows and all my programs (thankfully all the data files for numerous projects are on a different drive). After I got the system back up I was flying in FSX when the computer crashed again but this time I was able to re-boot but I was reminded that I was flying in FSX when it crashed the first time! It turned out the possible cause for the computer crashes was the twin throttle unit of my X55 HOTAS. When I opened it up I discovered that multiple wires had been crushed and several had shorted out and one was completely severed. Needless to say that unit is now trash. I do have two old X52 systems but they were retired due to intermittent button operations and I have a Saitek yoke and throttle which I have been forced to use and dislike immensely (mostly due to the severe lack of buttons/switches) however even that has been acting up and it's hit or miss if the button programming is going to be active/remembered between FSX sessions. I had planned on buying a brand new throttle system (Honeycomb Bravo) but the manufacturers originally stated an early Q1 2018 release date and here we are almost at the end of Q2 and zero news of any release date yet. I like the look of the Bravo and especially it's features so I am not keen on getting a different replacement for my X55 throttles (the X55 stick is fine) as I can only afford to buy one set this year.

I am as keen as the rest of you to get this project completed but life has been working against me so far this year but maybe I can turn the corner soon.
    Larry

Larry-

Sorry about your computer woes, but good on you and Karen to kick the habit!

Hey Larry, great news on both of you quitting, ex-smoker myself for many years now and once you get through the hard stuff, the habit is the main thing to break. You then find out just how stinky cigarette's are Anyway, great job, keep it up.

If you have any friends with electronics skills they can rewire that throttle for you. If you were in Aus, I'd say post it to me and I'll do it for you. I'm also looking at the Alpha and Bravo and according to the Facebook page they've been having some manufacturing issue and had to slightly rework some of the controls on the Yoke. Hopefully it's work the wait as I can't wait to get rid of my SaiTek Quadrants.

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    If you have any friends with electronics skills they can rewire that throttle for you. If you were in Aus, I'd say post it to me and I'll do it for you.
    I have dabbled in electronics for decades (I am a fully qualified Ham Radio operator licensed since the mid 80's) and I have repaired the wiring but it must have taken out some on-board chips or PCB switches when they shorted because certain functions either do not work or act really strangely. It has crashed the computer when connected so it will go to the electronics scrap yard the next time we have enough junk to make a trip (we can't just toss dead electronic items into the garbage here in Canada and have to recycle them through Gov't recycling centres).
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    As an Aussie I've never heard Nr 3 being used.
    Maybe you're too young to have heard many Aussies? ...

How about "on the slops"?
    There's almost as many ways to say 'pissed as a fart' as there are Aussies to say them...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Maybe you're too young to have heard many Aussies? ...

How about "on the slops"?
    There's almost as many ways to say 'pissed as a fart' as there are Aussies to say them...
    Well I am 20 years behind you Jafo, so you may have something.

Well Jafo is a youngster of 63.I am an 80 year old ex para and have been on the p*** many times.It is just a lot of youngsters have never heard of the old servicemens language.
    Anyhow the most important point is that this project is nearing release.Thanks Larry and I wish you luck giving up smoking.I did it 15 years ago and found it remarkably easy.It is just determination.
    Heres to the upcoming release that we have all been waiting for.

Cheers Chris

Members who have read this thread: 0