Talented texture artist(s) required
Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Talented texture artist(s) required

Talented texture artist(s) required

Hi folks, I am currently in need of a texture artist to help complete three freeware projects I've had stalled for too long (C-119 Boxcar, Navion 'A' model and an as yet undisclosed project). Many of you will know I was the team lead on the Ryan Navion 'B' model and the FSX conversion of Milton Shupe's Grumman Mallard (both aircraft available here at SOH only).

The Boxcar is complete apart from the textures and some minor coding clean up work to remove test gauges etc. and the manual (which I can't complete until the interior textures are done as I need those for the screenshots).

The Navion 'A' is complete apart from the textures, pilot figures and manual (manual requirements as above).

Project 'X' is 95% complete apart from the textures, pilot figures and manual (manual requirements as above).

Interested parties must have the ability to work from nothing but the UVW mapping sheets (i.e. no paint kit) and be able to create both external and internal diffuse, specular and bump textures (including alphas where required) to FSX standards. Some textures do exist for these projects (mostly VC panels, temporary placeholders, etc.) but most will have to be re-worked or created new from scratch.

Having the ability to use TeamSpeak 3 would be an advantage as it allows live communications and file transfers between users which is a major bonus to productivity when working on projects as a team.

As this is for freeware projects there is no pay, just the satisfaction of working on aircraft that have been missing from flight sims for too long.

If you would like to get involved in these projects either reply here or PM me for more info. It may be that more than one person is interested and there is a possibility that different projects could be worked on by different people concurrently in order to get them completed in a timely manner.

I'm looking forward to getting these projects moving again.
    Larry

Rick, Ed, Ted, Willy, Matt, Gordon, Jan...get your posteriors in here! (There's cake!)

Is Roman too busy to clean up the XML stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Rick, Ed, Ted, Willy, Matt, Gordon, Jan...get your posteriors in here! (There's cake!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Is Roman too busy to clean up the XML stuff?
    I have not spoken to Roman in a couple of months but we both understood that all I had to do was rattle his cage when the project was moving forward again and he would be back to sort out his code stuff. I have his email address and I know he answers PMs here and over at FSDev so I'm sure hell be back on board as soon as I contact him.
    Larry

Larry, although I do not meet the requirements of what you are requesting, if I can help in any way, please contact me.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Love to help but my home/ work life conflict alot and i cant assure anything as i cant even plan my own life

Look forward to a good provider and best of luck

Thanks Matt.
    Larry

I think it depends on your time line...The boxcar really interests me. But I've got 5 projects going right now...I may not be the best bet to start something from scratch for you. But I think a concerted effort from multiple artist fronts might get things moving quickly. For example, the B-26 from Milton. I did just the bumps and a base metal scheme. Where Duckie had taken a lot of time to get the panel lines correct. I can certainly do it from scratch, but I don't have that kind of time ATM.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thanks for the reply Rick. There is no timeline on any of the aircraft and they will be done when they are done, that has always been the stance I have taken as I know what it's like and I had burn-out for a while myself. Ed (Falcon409) did one paint for the Boxcar (USAF) that we used in testing/development but it has no panel/rivet lines and no bumps or specs. Primarily that is what the Boxcar needs on the outside (other schemes can then be completed easily once the panel lines and rivets are done) while the inside has paint but it will need to be redone by a new artist.

The other aircraft have paint on them that would need to be re-done so it's not like it's starting from nothing. The Navion 'A' has specs and bumps and Project 'X' needs panel lines, specs and bumps for one texture sheet and a re-work of the specs and bumps on another.
    Larry

Just a bump to see if anyone is interested in getting these aircraft out.
    Larry

I can help with textures on the 119. I have lots of photos and a couple RL Boxes close to me for walkarounds

That's great news tankerguy. I will shoot you a PM to see what's the best way to get files to you.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    That's great news tankerguy. I will shoot you a PM to see what's the best way to get files to you.

Sounds good

Blog Entries
    May I request this paint please??

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 791f1b884ba437430d000cc851114efe--modern-artwork-airplane-art.jpg  

LOL....nothing like picking an easy one to start with Pam!

You are aware that I didn't model the Shadow and Stinger versions aren't you although I do have the pilot's manual for the AC-119G.

There is currently only one scheme (USAF) that we used during development/testing but there are plans for more including a request (or two) for Cabbie from the 'Planes' movie!

Larry

Blog Entries
    LOL....nothing like picking an easy one to start with Pam!

You are aware that I didn't model the Shadow and Stinger versions aren't you although I do have the pilot's manual for the AC-119G.

There is currently only one scheme (USAF) that we used during development/testing but there are plans for more including a request (or two) for Cabbie from the 'Planes' movie!

`Oh gods please please please do that one toooo... PLEEEEEASE!!!.. ok.. been watching too much anime, but gods thats cool.. Yeahh, I know you didnt model shadow or stinger, but thats ok.. It's a period scheme and correct for the time and place..

I did a rendition of that (posted it in here somewhere), but it needs to have one of the talented livery artists to make it come alive. Mine was just a one-off for something else to fly while we were testing. Definitely needs to be one of the first liveries though.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Making some headway already. Laying down some lines and rivets. Added a little color also for testing.

WOW! That was fast!

Larry

It is such a beautiful air hauler - I for one am very excited to see it being moved forward again...and Tankerguy ! Great News man
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

........including a request (or two) for Cabbie from the 'Planes' movie!
    Maybe Bulldog can join in? A quick paint I did for the default FS9, but should work on Craig's native conversion if you flip them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails msf_planes_cmi_bulldog.jpg   Bulldog_015.jpg  

If I can help out with the FDE let me know. My work can be experienced on many Virtavia aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Maybe Bulldog can join in? A quick paint I did for the default FS9, but should work on Craig's native conversion if you flip them.
    I like it! It would be neat to end up with the full set of aircraft from both movies and then organize a mass MP event! I haven't actually seen either of the movies, just clips on YouTube, but I definitely want to see the Fire and Rescue one, it looks hilarious.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    If I can help out with the FDE let me know. My work can be experienced on many Virtavia aircraft.
    Milton did the FDE we are currently using which is basically whatever AirWrench spat out and then tweaked a bit. It's not bad but another set of experienced eyes would be appreciated. I will shoot you a PM and thanks for the offer.
    Larry

Happy to help.

Fuselage Lines and rivets pretty much done.

Members who have read this thread: 0