Talented texture artist(s) required - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Talented texture artist(s) required

I second this.

We are very close to having a historically accurate Laotian theater with accurate roads and moving convoys....and lethal AAA (with FSCAI).

Flying over the pitch black Laotian jungle and having green and red tracers fly up at you is pretty exciting. Unfortunately, the screen shots don't really do it justice.
    It would be awesome to go truck hunting with a AC-119 "Stinger"... although it would likely require a lot of work to implement the advanced systems they carried.

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Absolutely stunning work! This too will find a place in my virtual hangar......

On a side note, this done up as an AC bird would be such a great companion to all the custom made SEA airfields and projects popping up, just saying, not complaining at all. You guys do wonderful work.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

I'd love to be a beta tester, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    I second this.

We are very close to having a historically accurate Laotian theater with accurate roads and moving convoys....and lethal AAA (with FSCAI).

Flying over the pitch black Laotian jungle and having green and red tracers fly up at you is pretty exciting. Unfortunately, the screen shots don't really do it justice.
    It would be awesome to go truck hunting with a AC-119 "Stinger"... although it would likely require a lot of work to implement the advanced systems they carried.
    That is utterly fantastic news! Please tell me it will work in P3Dv4 too?
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Absolutely stunning! If this works like I'm hoping it will, the ol' Santa Fe C-46 is headed for retirement.

Let's see, if I took the wings off the Gee Bee, I wonder if it would fit????..............
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

It should work in v4..... but we cant test until Tacpack x64 is available.

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    That is utterly fantastic news! Please tell me it will work in P3Dv4 too?
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Im running v4 everything is working great in it. You guys are going to love it. Especially the jet engine operation.

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    . . . . . .It would be awesome to go truck hunting with a AC-119 "Stinger"... although it would likely require a lot of work to implement the advanced systems they carried.
    There won't be a dedicated Gunship model, only a camo livery done on the base model. Larry had stated that reworking the model was not in the cards. He has several other projects nearing completion and having to add another model to the mix at this point would delay release indefinitely. So this is where your imagination comes into play, while you're in the Camo livery, flying over the Jungle at night you can make machine gun sounds when you spot VC encampments, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Asked Santa for a Boxcar for Christmas...guess he misunderstood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJZEK4JP0k

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Volvo.jpg  
    Randy Tyndall
    It's congenital really. We're an aspiring species that doesn't have wings. What else would we dream of?-Mark Vanhoenacker, British Airways B747 pilot

We were hoping for a surprise Xmas release but RL got in the way unfortunately. The time has been well spent however with more eye candy modeled and cross-platform bugs killed. Now we are just waiting for final textures and a last beta run.
    Larry

Sounds great!

It's with much happiness that these pages of thread have been gone through this evening (am still catching up after years of absence). The C-119 is why I chose my screen-name years and years ago, a favorite plane going back to my childhood. That, and the Connie. Must have had a lot to do with the sound of those incredible R-3350 power-plants on both counts. boxcar still likes Boxcars.

Excellent work, people. Am bowing to the many artists' prowess that's displayed here.... . And thank you.

​.

Exterior looks great, is there a VC?

It has a full VC with multiple camera positions and all switches and levers in the pilot and co-pilot positions move and 99% of them are functional in the sim. There are not many shots of the VC yet as it has basic placeholder textures at the moment until the texture artist can get the final textures done.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    Exterior looks great, is there a VC?
    Current VC:

USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Model looks good ! Looking forward to this release !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

My apologies for holding up the project. Holiday season was a bit busier than expected. Working on getting a couple of the final textures out to Larry. I was having some issues with spec maps but I think I have figured that one out. Should be wrapping everything up very soon.

SPEC-tacular =)

There are two base models included, the short nose and long nose versions. Actually there are four models if you include 'Cabbie' and the fire tanker which has a selectable short or long nose as the tankers were converted from both variants.
    Larry

I take it you are not fond of Pinocchio then.

I must admit I never liked the long nose radome when I started the project but it has grown on me (so to speak) since then.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post

I must admit I never liked the long nose radome when I started the project but it has grown on me (so to speak) since then.
    I admit I was never fond of the Jimmy Durante look, but having grown up with the RCAF -119's it's like a wart on the nose of an old friend... you get used to it and cease to notice.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Absolutely not.

About the only slap-on weather/nose radar that looks good is the one on the Sea King. The C-133 and C-124 and all the others...? Well, in a hot war, I would have shot them down for that ugly pimple alone.

the aircraft look awesome guys. Congrats.

Any "release date"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Absolutely not.

About the only slap-on weather/nose radar that looks good is the one on the Sea King. The C-133 and C-124 and all the others...? Well, in a hot war, I would have shot them down for that ugly pimple alone.
    LOL....so it's a safe bet you don't like the 'nipple_nosed' Sea Hornet NF.21 either then.

I once did a repaint of that for Dangerousdave26 for use in the FS Round the World Race and I spent literally hours researching source material for the nose texture. I even got caught by my wife at one point and I'm not sure she bought into my answer that it was legitimate research for an aircraft texture!
    Larry

Members who have read this thread: 0