Talented texture artist(s) required - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Talented texture artist(s) required

Quote Originally Posted by jeffv01 View Post
    Any "release date"?
    She'll be released when she's done is the best answer I can give you. We were hoping for a surprise Xmas release but real-life got in the way and prevented that. We are just waiting for the final textures and then it can go to beta which shouldn't take long as she's been thoroughly tested in multiple sims (FSX:A, FSX:SE, P3D v1, 2, 3 and 4.1) during development.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    LOL....so it's a safe bet you don't like the 'nipple_nosed' Sea Hornet NF.21 either then.

I once did a repaint of that for Dangerousdave26 for use in the FS Round the World Race and I spent literally hours researching source material for the nose texture. I even got caught by my wife at one point and I'm not sure she bought into my answer that it was legitimate research for an aircraft texture!
    "Nipple nosed" is a great term. Will need to remember that one.

Lockheed should have been in charge of weather radar conversions. They did it absolutely right on the C-130 and it even made the aircraft more pleasant to look at.

Another one to look forward to! The Fairchild C-82 and C-119 were both pretty neat (as is the Noratlas) but I think the coolest and most innovative iteration was the XC-120 Pack Plane. It has doors at both ends for drive on/drive off loading or the entire cargo pod could be removed and another installed already loaded and balanced. (Or it could just leave with no pod at all which looks pretty weird, but think of the speed increase!) Too bad it didn't catch on. Other than the booms which were modified to have a nose and main gear in each and obviously the center pod I wonder how much structure was carried over from the C-119? Here's a nice video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjgxiXxu3nY This channel and another called Bomberguy have some fantastic vintage videos!

The cargo pack was clearly an idea ahead of it's time. Thanks for the video.
    Sue

Been flying the Fairchild C119 original model by Daisuke Yamamoto that has been ported for FSX...at least I think "ported" is the correct word here. Any way, it works in FSX and has...at least...a useable VC.

I use it a lot in FSEconomy doing resupply flights to all my FBOs and check here almost every day before flying...just in case.

Randy
    Randy Tyndall
    It's congenital really. We're an aspiring species that doesn't have wings. What else would we dream of?-Mark Vanhoenacker, British Airways B747 pilot

Still waiting for final textures unfortunately.
    Larry

Great job TG! Awesome collection!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

YAY, another step closer

Looks amazing! Is that Sonoma from Orbx?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

SOH-CM-2022
    What a good looking line of boxcars

Nice work
    Gavin

Those skins look amazing all lined up like that. Kudos to you, Tankerguy.

I know this is late in the game...and I noticed the USFS bird, N13745, which is cool because that livery is the one I fly in FS Economy. Any chance of an all white one as well? In looking for the USFS photo when I painted the current model I am using in the USFS paint I noticed a lot of the C-119s that are still flying or recently flew had a large amount of white skin with some polished metal and colors. The mix looked amazing and if the base is all metal it is difficult using the tools I have at my disposal to get a white base to work from.

Wish I was a better texture artist. I'd offer my services, but using GIMP and Paint.net and DXTBMP I feel I would be overwhelmed. I have never done a bump or specular, except to alter existing speculars to fit a repaint I have done.

Patience is my watchword...good things come to those who wait.

Randy
    Randy Tyndall
    It's congenital really. We're an aspiring species that doesn't have wings. What else would we dream of?-Mark Vanhoenacker, British Airways B747 pilot

That is an awesome line of aircraft textures. The #1 texture I would have asked for is in that lineup, the Thunderbird's support aircraft. Thank you for that one. Really looking forward to this release. Thank You to the whole crew.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Great job TG! Awesome collection!
    Thanks Milton these were my favorite liveries on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Looks amazing! Is that Sonoma from Orbx?
    Yes, that is Sonoma its in my opinion the best airport they've released, plus it has a tanker base for me haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjett53 View Post
    Those skins look amazing all lined up like that. Kudos to you, Tankerguy.

Any chance of an all white one as well?
    Not sure if there will be a white scheme released but there will be a paintkit where a white livery could easily be made.

When do you think Larry will be getting the final textures so this project can finally be released?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I have to agree with everyone else, those textures look amazing! The modeling looks excellent as well. Nice work by the Boxcar team.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    When do you think Larry will be getting the final textures so this project can finally be released?
    Sent him a big batch of textures late last week he got back to me with some fixes I need to do and I should have those off to him probably tomorrow for approval

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Sent him a big batch of textures late last week he got back to me with some fixes I need to do and I should have those off to him probably tomorrow for approval
    Awesome! Getting close then!

Current System Specs:

Awesome! Getting close then!
    Yes very close

Looking awesome - is it too much to ask for a paint kit as well?

Quote Originally Posted by sp762 View Post
    Looking awesome - is it too much to ask for a paint kit as well?
    Read post #190 for that information

Current System Specs:

Read post #190 for that information
    Sorry, I did read that, but failed to comprehend it.

Sorry I forgot to add Cabbie in the group picture. New batch of textures sent off to Larry and if I did my job right final textures should be wrapped up.

I decided to "push development" without "pushing developers". How you might ask? Well, have you ever washed your car, only to have it start raining soon after you are done? Have you ever purchased something you wanted...or needed...really badly, only to discover it went on sale for 50% off a week after you bought it?

So, I finally purchased, virtually of course, a C-119 in FSEconomy. It kinda got "pushed" on to me when a partner, who allowed me unlimited use of his leased Boxcar, disappeared from the FSE scene and the Boxcar got repossessed. I contacted the lessor and asked if I could continue the lease and was allowed to, but catching up the defaulted payments was some serious work and lots of Boxcar flying.

All the while I kept an eye on this thread, hoping against hope the release would be announced. Not so and suddenly I had a "virtual" Boxcar. I have been flying a freeware version of Daisuke Yamamoto's FS2004 model that had been ported over to FSX with some serious modifications, but the paints weren't to my liking and the eye point for the pilot was off and...and...and. Still, I delayed doing anything to it in the wish that soon...

Well, today I decided to "wash the car" and "buy that sorely needed item". I have been holding off doing anything with the freeware Yamamoto version ("wash the car") knowing as soon as I did the SoH version would be released ("rain"). So, today I did a repaint of the version I am flying in the colors of my private FSEconomy Group, Central Idaho Aviation. I fixed the eyepoint. I added some things to the panel to make it more "friendly". I did all that...the better part of eight hours of work...in the hopes that "it rains tomorrow" and the item "goes on sale"...

My repaint...

I did "cheat" a little and followed the scheme for the US Forest Service livery, N13745, which made painting it a little easier. I did leave the USFS Logo on the vertical fins.

Randy
    Randy Tyndall

Members who have read this thread: 0