Talented texture artist(s) required - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Talented texture artist(s) required

Fantastic work TankerGuy!!! Saw a C-119 come in low over the city on fire (engine), and with cargo doors opened, landed and a few of them ran out the back. This was a Wright Patterson.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    As Tankerguy is doing such an amazing job on the textures I felt it was only fair to modify the C-119G to meet his preferred flying style. It's taken me more than two full days to build, map and animate all the parts but I'm getting there slowly. Now to duplicate everything and move it back and re-check all animations.

I think it's going to be worth all the effort in the end.

Great job Larry! Really appreciate you doing this extra work.

Thanks Tufun! That would have been crazy to witness

Wrapping up the textures and double checking everything before releasing the paintkit. Thought Id take a few pics on walkaround.

Just beautiful TG!

While TG was busy with his stuff I finally got all the other parts duplicated, moved and re-animated and the result looks like this:

In case it isn't obvious they are the drop doors for a dedicated fire tanker version of the Boxcar. Just a couple of external things to do and then it's onto the inside to make the minor VC changes (mostly deleting un-needed stuff), building the control panel and adding the tanks to the cargo area.

We plan on making it fully compatible with the Firefighter X payware add-on but we will also make it work for those without it (minus the ability to actually put out fires of course!).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tank_bays_1.jpg   tank_bays_2.jpg  
    Larry

TK and TG, what an amazing job! This one will be a beast with a capital "B"!! Huzzahs to all!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    TK and TG, what an amazing job! This one will be a beast with a capital "B"!! Huzzahs to all!
    I agree. Looking so forward to this !
    Sue

Firebomber version getting some details. Superb modeling by Larry

I like that second screenshot TG!

Excellent modelling and texturing, guys!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

This project is looking very good, but the thread has grown alarmingly quiet after a rush of posts and progress. I hope that is because putting the "finishing touches" is in full swing.

Can't wait...but I will only because I have to...

Randy
    Randy Tyndall
    It's congenital really. We're an aspiring species that doesn't have wings. What else would we dream of?-Mark Vanhoenacker, British Airways B747 pilot

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Wrapping up the textures and double checking everything before releasing the paintkit. Thought Id take a few pics on walkaround.

That's some splendid bumpmapping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjett53 View Post
    This project is looking very good, but the thread has grown alarmingly quiet after a rush of posts and progress. I hope that is because putting the "finishing touches" is in full swing
    Things are moving at a rapid pace but a lot of it is 'behind the scenes' so not much you can show in a screenshot. We just had some good news with regard to the fire tanker version and that is the creators of FireFighter X (FFX) have given us permission to integrate their gauges (and code) into the Boxcar tanker in whatever way we like. There will be a click-able option to choose between the FFX enabled version and the non-FFX version so we are giving users the best of both worlds. The FFX users will have an aircraft that makes use of their add-on and the non-FFX users will still have opening drop doors and retardant drops but not the ability to actually put out fires.

Here's an example of some new parts for the tanker version. It's a 6" cube mounted on top of the glare shield. The two polys in front of the box are for two gauges which will be visible depending on the option chosen (not in the correct place yet obviously). For FFX users one will display the FFX radar screen, for non-FFX users the other will display the moving map from the stock GPS unit. We were running out of pop-up windows so I thought putting it in the VC was a good idea and would eliminate the need for another pop-up window.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tanker_radar.jpg  
    Larry

To my mind these days its always better to have it "live" in the VC

A little bonus that will come with the 119 is the Cabbie model.

CABBIE LOOKS AMAZING!! My daughter is going to loose her stuff

Sweet! This is another instance of awesome, thank you for all the hard work your doing on this bird.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

What's the latest on the paint kit? I've got some ideas....
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    What's the latest on the paint kit? I've got some ideas....
    As it happens Willy I got the final parts of it sent to me tonight!

However, it would be no use me sending it to you without the models to test your paints on!

Larry

Actually, my idea was to get them to the point that minor adjustments would all that was needed when the model came out.

But I can wait. (I think)
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Just to keep the interest going here's a couple of shots from last night's flight test, taken at dusk along the California coast just SW of LA.

The project is progressing at quite a pace and currently we are just waiting for the final textures, the manual (99% complete) and final clean up of aircraft and panel config files to remove unneeded remarks etc.

Hopefully we can go to beta in the near future.
    Larry

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Loud cheers, Larry. Wouldn't know it was the old FS9 -119 at all. 'Course, at this point, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Wouldn't know it was the old FS9 -119 at all. 'Course, at this point, it isn't.
    There are still some bits of the original mesh left on the outside but the inside is all new.
    Larry

Hopefully we can go to beta in the near future.
    Oh I hope, I hope, I hope I get to be one of the Beta Testers. If you're taking applications I nominate...myself!

Randy
    Randy Tyndall
    It's congenital really. We're an aspiring species that doesn't have wings. What else would we dream of?-Mark Vanhoenacker, British Airways B747 pilot

Absolutely stunning work! This too will find a place in my virtual hangar......

On a side note, this done up as an AC bird would be such a great companion to all the custom made SEA airfields and projects popping up, just saying, not complaining at all. You guys do wonderful work.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Looking positively spiffy...

Members who have read this thread: 0