Talented texture artist(s) required - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Talented texture artist(s) required

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post
    Can I bumpedy-bump this for news?
    I would refer you back to post #219 which was Larry's last post explaining the current state. . .and to any future posts who ask the same basic question, that's Larry's final word on the subject. . .nothing will change until you see a post from Larry. . .so asking every month or so won't net you any news beyond his post unless it comes directly from Larry.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

It is very sad to see that the boxcar is not going to be released as well as others by Larry especially as he made a plea for people to help which they did especially tankerguy.

As falcon says it is up to Larry.
    Larry if you cannot do it give it to someone who can please.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post
    Can I bumpedy-bump this for news?
    you can also follow his progress here > https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...ovider.439332/

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    you can also follow his progress here > https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...ovider.439332/
    Yes, I'm looking forward to this one as well, but I think he was asking about the progress of the C-119. . .that's Larry (tako_kichi) the C-123 is tankerguy! There is nothing new with the 119 as per my post above and Larry's post (#219)

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Yes, I'm looking forward to this one as well, but I think he was asking about the progress of the C-119. . .that's Larry (tako_kichi) the C-123 is tankerguy! There is nothing new with the 119 as per my post above and Larry's post (#219)
    You are 100% correct I didnt pick that up until afterwards when the post was locked for editing

Really hoping to get the 123 finished. Just too busy getting everything ready for our new arrival in Oct. Maybe ill get on there and post some updated shots of the VC. I have textured a lot in there.

Hi Tankerguy and all the best with your new arrival.I was,however ,not chasing up your venture,I was chasing the Taco Kichi venture where you helped Larry as did many others but it seems he is reluctant to release the finished product inspite of help from others.
    Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    I was chasing the Taco Kichi venture where you helped Larry as did many others but it seems he is reluctant to release the finished product inspite of help from others.
    Cheers Chris
    Given what has been posted earlier, this is a pretty offensive comment.

Hi Tankerguy and all the best with your new arrival.I was,however ,not chasing up your venture,I was chasing the Taco Kichi venture where you helped Larry as did many others but it seems he is reluctant to release the finished product inspite of help from others.
    Cheers Chris
    I was aware just giving an update since that subject was brought up

Sorry tankerguy, my comment was in no way aimed at you.
    Best wishes for your new arrival . . . and the C123!

Cheers Chris
    Speedy, read my previous comments and those of the developer regarding the release of the C-119. Problem seems to be that people don't read a thread, but rather the last few posts, think they have all the info they need and then spout an opinion. . .when the reasons for Larry's hold on the C-119 were explained in detail by him on previous pages. Try reading and be better informed.

Current System Specs:

Thanks Portia I was replying to the quoted post

i think its just a patience thing.... i mean "MONTHS" pass before an update is offered..... just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by elmucki View Post
    i think its just a patience thing.... i mean "MONTHS" pass before an update is offered..... just saying.
    Yes, and it will continue to be so, unless Larry is able to get back on the computer and finish out whatever is left. . .until that time you won't hear anything else.

Current System Specs:

With the release of the AH_Fairchild_C119 I hope and pray Larry does not decide to just "end" this project. Although I have purchased the AH one in my desperation to get a reasonable well functioning Boxcar I still look forward to seeing larry's released as well. You can never have too many C119s in your stable...

Randy
    Randy Tyndall
    It's congenital really. We're an aspiring species that doesn't have wings. What else would we dream of?-Mark Vanhoenacker, British Airways B747 pilot

yea, just picked it up myself too. What an epic piece of airplane. I mean, WOW. Maybe someday for this one.............

I always wondered if there was some sort of an agreement between Larry and Baz that he would wait until the AH model was out. I am sure there was nothing of the sort, but, it makes you think.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I always wondered if there was some sort of an agreement between Larry and Baz that he would wait until the AH model was out. I am sure there was nothing of the sort, but, it makes you think.
    Good morning everyone..

I, along with 'Falcon' where fortunate enough to talk to Larry just the other day - and altho there was nothing mentioned about it, I don't believe there was any agreement made between Baz and Larry..

Unfortunately Larry - along with his family have been battling some medical issues over the summer however it now appears that they are on the 'plus' side and getting better everyday..

Along with that, it appears that he has to replace some 'Flight Sim' equipment that has decided (after many years) to stop working !!

Anyways, after our conversation, I got the impression that if things continue to go well, we'll see him back sometime in the future finishing up the 'projects' he still has 'on the burner' !!

Bill

I can certainly confirm that there is no "agreement" between Larry and AH. It is just one of those things and we have never worried about similar projects, there's room for all. I wish him well with his family's health issues. I know only too well what that is like.

I haven't tried the AH Boxcar yet, but Larry did send me a beta to work up some paints for. I'm hoping it will eventually be released as it's as good as anything Milton's done and I'm not saying that lightly. I love Milton's work and Larry's C-119 is on that level.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I haven't tried the AH Boxcar yet, but Larry did send me a beta to work up some paints for. I'm hoping it will eventually be released as it's as good as anything Milton's done and I'm not saying that lightly. I love Milton's work and Larry's C-119 is on that level.
    Yep, as WND stated, when we last spoke with Larry he certainly sounded receptive to the idea of eventually getting it completed but it was going to require new hardware (joystick mostly) to allow him to test the final product as well as some texturing issues he still sees needs attention. I fly the current version quite a bit and would really like to see it out there for folks to enjoy. . .but until Larry is in a position to sign off on it. . .not gonna happen.

Current System Specs:

Yep, as WND stated, when we last spoke with Larry he certainly sounded receptive to the idea of eventually getting it completed but it was going to require new hardware (joystick mostly) to allow him to test the final product as well as some texturing issues he still sees needs attention. I fly the current version quite a bit and would really like to see it out there for folks to enjoy. . .but until Larry is in a position to sign off on it. . .not gonna happen.
    My mama used to tell me about supper, it'll be done, when it's done.

I can't remember if I sent Larry the paints I did or not. But I think there's still an R4Q somewhere in the back of the paint booth. Hope the masking tape aint too stuck to it.

EDIT: Just looked. It's still there along with several civilian buddies in various stages of completion.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I have both models and both of them are great products! But having a working J-34 sitting on top of you to get you out of a bind is just too cool! It also has a working retardant drop system for the airtanker variant in which you can select the tanks to drop and works seamlessly with FirefighterX. Cant wait for it to be released to everyone.

Hoping this wonderful project will continue and not be cancelled.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 0