new fire update

Thread: new fire update

new fire update

well yesterday afternoon the winds kicked up again and the entire town of Calistoga was evacuated,more that 5000 people fled.this mornings reports including several of the active USFS fires in the area have consumed 227606 acres.25 reported deaths,that number will go up after theyve had a chance to get in and inspect the burned area.and last i saw,theyre estimating 350+ still missing.

29 now dead,seems the spread has been slowed,but there are weather reports saying winds are expected to be sustained up to 40 mph again tomorrow through early satuday

i know many of you have lost interest,but the death toll is at 40 now,with 300+ still missing.217000+ acres have burned so far with several fires starting to be picked up,and rain is forecast for next weekend.,they've decided not to do any mop up on several of the fires,other than the perimeter.

=

The losses have been stunning. The past couple of weeks have been mind numbing. It's not that people have lost interest. More like overload.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

hi all,the missing number is more like 170,according to the local news today.

more important to all of us here in the SOH,McClellan has set a new record again,and dont forget that Chico,Ukiah,Sonoma,Grass Valley,Columbia are all pumping mud on these fires.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RetardantTotals.jpg  

Also heard on the news that the CDF aircraft down in SoCal flying out of Hemet were pretty busy chasing fires.

Passing through Auburn a week from this next Saturday! Will honk the horn as I drive through!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 0