Up Grade

Thread: Up Grade

Up Grade

quad 4 processer , mci 750 gti nividia card , fast enough , but comes with a nagging problem , all the aircraft that were shined and canopy,s done , FDS vr II or Gmax , display incorrectly , Sun shading postion is wrong , canopy yellow sun tint not there , and most annoying some portions of the aircraft display shadow , eg left side rudder , and the rest display normal , tried the latest driver , but shows the same way , tinkered with nivida inspector but can,t find a soloution there , the same aircraft display correctly on 2 older xp machines ,
    As to the sun shading sun side , looking down at the aircraft , there shaded dark , while looking from below the aircraft which should appear shaded darker as the shadow side , is bathed in sun light , both revearsed ,
    All fds vr 1 and cfs-1 aircraft display correctly , Would my 12 gauge fix it ?

Question

Hi SW,
    A couple of things.

I think the main problem is using a newer/higher spec Nvidia card. CFS2 (and Fs9) generally, display better and have always had less probs with ATi/AMD cards.

What cards were in your older XP machines?

What OS are you running on your new rig?

Unfortunately people still seem to think that newer will be better. That may be true of newer games, BUT people forget that CFS2 and Fs9 are 14 - 17 years old, and were designed and optimised for computers and OS systems that old........you just will not see a huge improvement in FR's, picture quality etc etc by having the latest card or driver.

You may be able to get a Nvidia profile from someone, that will help with displaying correctly, but I think the best bet is to consider either another older Nvidia card that is known to display the sims correctly or swap to an older Ati/AMD card.

OR..as I do, I have a high end Win10 PC with Nvidia card for all my daily uses, and with a KVM switch I run my high spec older rig running XP with an E8600 processor, 3Gb RAM and an ATi HD 4800 card, and all sims run beautifully...best of both worlds

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks Shessi , Xp build , the older 2 are xp Ati and Xp nividia , I,m betting it,s a driver issue , and since I loaded Cliffs of Dover and a dual boot ,wind 7 , to run that , which displays correctly with the same card 750 GTI ,
    that was done after cfs-2 was loaded and tested , and initially , the graphics were not right , so I can,t blame that on the dual boot system ,

Icon9

Ahh right.

Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to have XP running on that card AND display correctly. The card will be ok on the Win7 OS boot (the reason is that it's a newer OS, card and game, therefore all are far more compatible with each other), but I very much doubt you will get a driver that will let you run CFS2 correctly on the XP boot side.

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 0