Version 4.1 - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Version 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Next question....... What are these Health Points =1 all about? Nothing within the sim about it and I haven't found anything by Googling....
    That's odd since it took me less than 30 seconds to find this:
    https://www.prepar3d.com/news/2016/12/113902/
    Entities will now report DAMAGED_DESTROYED when health points reach zero or when they are in a crash state when connected in a DIS session.
    Essentially, that setting is in there to set the default state to "healthy". This system is only used in P3D Pro and Pro Plus when connected to a DIS session and P3D's "weapons" are installed on the user's aircraft, something the general public will likely never have access to. N

onetheless, the variable has to be set to at least "1" all the time since the core engine of P3D is common to all versions of P3D: Academic, Pro and Pro Plus
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Edit: I finally figured out how to join the ORBX fast lane and have FTX 3.2.3.0 installed but no change in the results, I have created a support ticket on the ORBX Forum.
    Just an update, I got the issue fixed. I had to uninstall P3D and then re-install it before FTX would see it. I still think they have a problem but at least I can move forward.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Hello,
    In this particular respect, FTX Central is very straightforward.
    To recognise P3D v4 this registry entry has to be in place.

"RegistryKey": "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4",
    "RegistryValue": "AppPath",

The AppPath entry must point to the P3D v4 root folder and that folder must contain
    Prepar3D.exe.

If P3D v4 is installed in the recommended way, these conditions will always be fulfilled, though
    the registry entries are not written until P3D v4 is run once.

Sometimes, after a default installation, customers have tried to run FTX Central before P3D v4
    has been run once.

Customers have been known to move folders and files around without amending the registry entry.
    Sometimes, Prepar3D.exe has been renamed, usually to P3D.exe and either of these actions
    will make the simulator invisible to FTX Central.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Hello,
    In this particular respect, FTX Central is very straightforward.
    To recognise P3D v4 this registry entry has to be in place.

"RegistryKey": "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4",
    "RegistryValue": "AppPath",

The AppPath entry must point to the P3D v4 root folder and that folder must contain
    Prepar3D.exe.

If P3D v4 is installed in the recommended way, these conditions will always be fulfilled, though
    the registry entries are not written until P3D v4 is run once.

Sometimes, after a default installation, customers have tried to run FTX Central before P3D v4
    has been run once.

Customers have been known to move folders and files around without amending the registry entry.
    Sometimes, Prepar3D.exe has been renamed, usually to P3D.exe and either of these actions
    will make the simulator invisible to FTX Central.
    Hi Nick, I am the one you were helping on the FTX forum with this and before I continue let me say I really do appreciate your help in getting me past this problem. But more than two decades developing software in Silicon valley tells me the explanation you just gave is not the answer. In my case, yes I moved the old P3D v4 to a different location and installed a fresh copy of 4.1 into the EXACT SAME FOLDER NAME the old install previously occupied. The only other thing I changed was to move the ORBX folder from the old install into the new install. If it was just the path in the registry it would have worked, but it did not so there must be something else.

In my case I uninstalled 4.1 (not 4.0), deleted the remaining files (but not the ORBX folder I moved out first) and re-installed 4.1 and by doing that it reset something that allowed it to work. Unfortunately since I already did that, my setup won't be helpful in helping debug this problem but I don't think it will be hard for your experts to recreate the problem back at ORBX HQ.

Again Nick I am very thankful of your help on this problem.

Joe.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Did anyone notice the F-16 LEF and flaperons + speed brakes now work as per the manual ? They do!! I have the aerosoft offering installed as well with all models and with panels aliased to the P3D default. All those work too

Best
    Dag

Am new to P3D with v 4.0 which has been a huge success and have not touched FSX in several months now.

However, I have never been through an LM P3D upgrade and am finding this discussion daunting and confusing i) re having to move out add ons - but some are saying that is not necessary for 4.1? and ii) with Orbx FTX Global and Vector successfully installed in 4.0 whether I am going to have a regrettable problem by trying to upgrade. It seems this is a minor upgrade but the hi res VC seems well worth it.

re i) the one add on possibly affected is the F1GTN750 but I think they have an update to sort that. Otherwise, should I move all my simobjects and addon scenery addons out first (what a nuisance) or is that not necessary?

I am still leaning toward staying in 4.0 which isn't broke. But then I know I will start to fall behind and create even bigger upgrade challenges later. Not sure what to do . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I just de-installed the client ("keep license info") and re-installed it. Same with the content to get the updated simobjects and other stuff. That was it. Went in minutes and like a breeze.

Because of the content update I had to re-install my predefined REX textures theme, but that's also only a mouse click. I think I also updated FSUIPC, but I don't know if that was necessary.

There's a nice step by step guide here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120861

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Is there any show stoppers in v4.1? I am a bit hesitant about updating from v4.0.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

None, but it is not obligatory to update.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    Is there any show stoppers in v4.1? I am a bit hesitant about updating from v4.0.
    If you fly the default aircraft, some VC rain effects. And it could just be my imagination, but my frame rates never drop below my set 40 now.

There's a nice step by step guide here:
    Much appreciated. Thanks Mark!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Happy camper here with AS16, ORBX and PTA all working great.
    Hi
    About PTA is it worthy of the price? meaning is it good improving P3D v4.1?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi
    thanks

its just a visual change, there is no major significance, some people have reported some fps improvement while some have had the adverse

if you like the fly with a mood or atmosphere its a great addon, me im very critical of many addons, and I have say it does make the sim depending on your ini settings that more realistic looking or pleasing to the eye

worth the money, yes, because after a while using it, then you turn it off, the sim looks horrible and it reminds you of the limited fsx days

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi
    thanks
    Simply answer "Yes".
    For me "must to have" addon like Active Sky, TacPack, Spad.next, FTX sceneries ect.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I was also skeptical at first but decided to get it and I do not regret the move.

Thank you all Gentlemen...going to buy it today...

regards

What is PTA exactly?

I used URP briefly but the use of reshade caused me issues with some addons and even with my own scenery object shading. I ended up keeping only the sun effect.

I don't use reshade either. The program has different settings for using with reshade and without. You are not required to use reshade.

Lost Joystick Button Programming w/ Update

My joystick buttons have lost programming (I have axis programmed in FSUIPC, buttons in v4). I can't seem to get some buttons to re-program. (Granted I am trying to use my G940 which is best described as difficult.) Anyone having a similar problem? Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Is there an idiots guide to adding Aircraft and AI to this v4 somewhere? It's all been changed and I'm confused.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

To be honest, the usual method works perfectly well.
    Regards,
    Nick

Members who have read this thread: 0