I assume everybody likes Spitfires... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I assume everybody likes Spitfires...

Affirmative

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Downloaded with Firefox at my end, no problems found.
    Same here!

(And great job, gents!!)

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Yes, that's the error page.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Happy birthday Andy !

Icon22 Reply...

Good evening,

Okay guys, try it now.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Verified - file rename fixed it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks, and Thanks.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Should Spitfire_FMkIXc_63_JE-J have the country assignment as Canada, or is Britain actually correct?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Works for me. Thanks.

Wow, thanks guys!

I would add a thank you to Clive for his work on the vc though

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Should Spitfire_FMkIXc_63_JE-J have the country assignment as Canada, or is Britain actually correct?
    You can make a case for either. I put Britain because he is RAF, not RCAF, although he is commanding an RCAF wing.

To be frank, I think that in Northern Europe at least, separating the RAF out into RAF, RCAF and RAAF squadrons and wings is a bit pointless, as no squadrons were entirely one thing or the other, and they were all fused under RAF command.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    Anyway, I noticed that this new file and several others in the library say that they are updates to Zuyax's original creations (which I think might have been updates of stock aircraft). BUT, I can't find his original files in the library - only updates for the MkIXc, MkXIVc and MkVb. Are the original files by Zuyax available to download anywhere, please ?
    The Zuyax series of Spitfires was actually one of the first successful addons to CFS3, and broke new ground when it came out. It includes this Mk.IXc, a Mk.Vb, a tropicalised Mk.Vb and Mk.Vc and a Seafire Mk.III as well as the payware Aeroplane Heaven Mk.I/II. They are not related in any respect to the rather horrible stock effort...

Some of these aircraft were released through AvHistory, so they will probably be in the appropriate place in the downloads section; others have been released - or not - with total mod addons such as MAW (except they weren't) and ETO, but are not available as individual downloads. I think that is especially the case of the Seafire. Or Seafires. One gets confused...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

And don't forget the XIVC and XIVE -those ones are in the AvHistory section.

Now I've ditched Photobucket, let's see if this works. Uploading was certainly faster and easier...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Wow, thanks guys!

I would add a thank you to Clive for his work on the vc though
    Oh, I should add thanks to Dan and Rob on the VC. Cheers Nigel and Rene, don't mean to steal your thread

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Now I've ditched Photobucket, let's see if this works. Uploading was certainly faster and easier...
    What are you using ?

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi All,

Great work Nigel, and Rene, I have just downloaded with no issue using firefox. looking forward to matching them up against the upcoming Fw190A series planes.

thanks again, great effort. regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    Oh, I should add thanks to Dan and Rob on the VC. Cheers Nigel and Rene, don't mean to steal your thread
    Will add them - sorry I missed them off the first edition.

It's not our thread, it's our thread - belongs to everybody involved, not just Rene and me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    What are you using ?
    Imgur. It's faster, easier, less clunky - don't know why I didn't think of it before. Photobucket is rubbish and always has been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Photobucket just had better advertising, it was pushed into everyone's faces, just because someone says its the best, we all fall for it! Been using the brilliant Imgur for a few months now, since bucket decided to start daylight robbery. Thinking back, it was rubbish, full of adds, one of the slowest and clunky programs I've ever used come to think of it, why the hell did I stick with it for so long?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Imgur. It's faster, easier, less clunky - don't know why I didn't think of it before. Photobucket is rubbish and always has been.
    I just singed up for Imgur but having trouble uploading images. How exactly are you doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by FOO FIGHTER View Post
    I just singed up for Imgur but having trouble uploading images. How exactly are you doing this?
    Er... This may sound obvious, but I followed the instructions. Sign in, click on your user name in the top right-hand corner and a drop-down menu will appear. Choose 'images' and it'll take you to your page. Than it's simply 'add images' and browse to the image you want to upload.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Sorry Nigel, I should have been a little more specific.

How do you upload to SOH in the manner that allows your large/hi-res screen shot to appear? I have tried including the links directly into the post (cut & paste). I tried through 'manage attachments' but no matter what link I selected from Imgur SOH gave me an 'invalid file' or 'file too large' error.

Edit: Thank you and sorry to be a bother! I just figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by FOO FIGHTER View Post
    Sorry Nigel, I should have been a little more specific.

How do you upload to SOH in the manner that allows your large/hi-res screen shot to appear? I have tried including the links directly into the post (cut & paste). I tried through 'manage attachments' but no matter what link I selected from Imgur SOH gave me an 'invalid file' or 'file too large' error.

Edit: Thank you and sorry to be a bother! I just figured it out.
    Thank You! I now have it figured out also!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

OK, OK, my bad.

You have to copy the url link from Imgur and paste it directly into the post.

Members who have read this thread: 0