Wish List for CFS3

Thread: Wish List for CFS3

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Wish List for CFS3

Tops on my wish list would be a IL-2,Yak-3,and the La-7. Basically any Russian attack, bomber,or fighter would be good in my book. What is on your wish list ? Can have more than one if need be like me.

I just want the Manchester IA and Hampden that we've already seen in game in some beautiful screenshots for a long time!

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon9 Manchester

Well, as this is a hobby and real life seems to get in the way I have not touched the project(s) for a couple of months. I will get back to it(them) when time allows. This includes the Beaufighter, Stirling, Ventura, and Harpoon among other things. Maybe I should just retire from academia and do this fulltime.....sounds nice but the bank will object.

John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Maybe I should just retire from academia and do this fulltime.....sounds nice but the bank will object.
    You could always stand on the corner with a cardboard sign that read "WILL SIM FOR FOOD".

I would send you a can of beans from time to time.

Blog Entries
    What Ted said! :0)
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Blog Entries
    When will there be any Russian aircraft for CFS3? My main reason for getting into IL-2 '46 is this plus all the Japanese aircraft offered . With over 500 aircraft offered in VP modpack IL-2'46 is hard to beat.Still enjoy CFS3 for what it is but find myself playing my IL-2 '46 installs more lately just because they offer a greater number of aircraft, tons of maps, a great mission builder ,working radar , great flight modeling and much more. Not saying CFS3 is dead but wish there was more than typical allied and axis aircraft. Hopeful for a better future with more Japanese and Russian aircraft . What we have is great and am thankful . Regards ,Scott

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon9 a bit ruffled today

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    When will there be any Russian aircraft for CFS3? My main reason for getting into IL-2 '46 is this plus all the Japanese aircraft offered . With over 500 aircraft offered in VP modpack IL-2'46 is hard to beat.Still enjoy CFS3 for what it is but find myself playing my IL-2 '46 installs more lately just because they offer a greater number of aircraft, tons of maps, a great mission builder ,working radar , great flight modeling and much more. Not saying CFS3 is dead but wish there was more than typical allied and axis aircraft. Hopeful for a better future with more Japanese and Russian aircraft . What we have is great and am thankful . Regards ,Scott
    Scott, asking for new planes from maybe 3-4 people who do this in their spare time is not going to work. If you want new planes do what I and many others did/do don't just be a consumer of the products made here but contribute to the simulation. It takes time and dedication to learn but in the end you get to make what you want when you want it. In my opinion there is it too much left undone in the western Europe area to warrant work elsewhere. Making one plane ( at least for me) takes well over 100 hours of just CAD work not including skins and flight models etc.

If IL-2 has what you want then by all means fly it - I do. I love CFS3 since it is a nicer community, making planes and adding them is sooo much easier too. I am sorry if I come off a bit sharp but to take some liberty with a phrase - "Do not ask what we can do for you but rather ask what can you do with us"

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the comment. Will give it a try.

Plus, while it may not be typical, don't forget that the Russians used huge numbers of British and American aircraft such as the Spitfire, Kittyhawk, Airacobra, King Cobra, Boston and so forth. There are a number of freeware Russian aircraft already - all fighters admittedly - and a few not-entirely-wrong stand-ins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

When I started with CFS3, goodness, 14 years ago now, I didn't even know how to copy and paste, but I saw things I wanted to change in the sim. Lots of trial and error later I figured out how to fix some of those things I didn't like and improve other things, and gradually learned how to do more and more. It's actually taught me a lot about a pretty wide variety of subjects that I would never have known if I hadn't started to try to figure things out for myself and I find the whole thing a lot more rewarding and fun than when I was just downloading whatever others built. I never did get into modeling, but there were other areas where there was work to be done, so I plugged into some of those gaps and got to work. Start small and work up to bigger projects, heck, we don't have anyone building new maps, you could be the guy who finally builds an Eastern Front map, or a Spain map or a Scandanavian map or a...well, you get the idea. A good tutorial was recently done. I'd have jumped on it myself but I'm neck deep in other projects. Anyways, hopefully you see this as a bit of encouragement rather than a rant. Building stuff and figuring it out only adds to the fun. And folks here will be happy to help answer questions about "I need help building X" much more than "please build X for me".

Blog Entries
    Some people like to build some like to play. I like to play and the deepest i go is installing things. Sorry but don't want to spend my time building because that would get into my guitar and simming time. Thankful to all those who work at building these wonderful things ,it's just not for me. Won't ask for anything again. I'll just be quiet from now on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Blog Entries
    Cool Spitfire !! Thank you Sir!

My only plane that I would like to see in CFS3 is the He100-D

Blog Entries

I always liked the cfs2 model, if I ever get my cfs3 mojo back that's one I'd like to convert. The Luftwaffe could have conceivably won the battle of Britain with it, FW190 performance in 1940.

Blog Entries
    Thank goodness it never reached production ! Things might have turned out differently in the BoB.

I don't think so. It used evaporative cooling inside the wing to reduce drag. With nothing more than a couple of 0.303 holes in the wing there would have been an awful lot of one way trips during the BoB.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    MajorMagee

I don't think so. It used evaporative cooling inside the wing to reduce drag. With nothing more than a couple of 0.303 holes in the wing there would have been an awful lot of one way trips during the BoB
    Not quite Andy, they ditched that for the D1 model which may well have been the type available in 1940 had production not been halted. It would fit in well with cfs3's "what if?" theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven190 View Post
    Me too , i like too much

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I don't think so. It used evaporative cooling inside the wing to reduce drag. With nothing more than a couple of 0.303 holes in the wing there would have been an awful lot of one way trips during the BoB.
    Yes , but the He 100 is a very fast plane , it's a bit difficult have it in gunsight

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Cool thread Scott, thanx...
    If I'm not mistaken, you've all the mods up and running... no small feat in itself.

cheers

Blog Entries
    Yes. Have all the expansions up and running smoothly along with tons of extra aircraft installed. Have back-ups on a external SSD just in case i mess things up.

Blog Entries
    Really no great feat as long as instructions are followed. I'm sticking with Win 7 64 bit for good as i've heard of problems with Win 10.No problems with PTO-RS like others had probably because of Win 10 not wanting to play nice.

Members who have read this thread: 1