No 32 bit available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No 32 bit available

No 32 bit available

My OS is Windows 7. I just recently upgraded to a EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050Ti graphics card. I noticed a problem right away. All my resolutions are available in 16 bit only and Graphics are poor. Anyone know how I might fix this? Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

Not sure why.

Try editing the CFS2.cfg by hand. The [DISPLAY] line should look something like this.

[DISPLAY]
    Device=ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 *This will be defent on your PC*
    Mode=1024x768x32
    TriLinear=0

I think you will want the Mode= line.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

KWB,

Below is a copy are my display settings. I found that I had to hand edit them in to the CFS2 config as well when I upgraded to Windows 7, and not all of the settings, such as HWTnL and AntiAlias were available.

[DISPLAY]
    Device=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (\\.\DISPLAY1)
    Mode=1920x1080x32
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1

Icon5 Driver issue?

Yo kbw;

I was going to inquire about your Nvidia driver status (newest installed?) and origin (directly from Nvidia - preferred or from Microsoft?)

However ... I just noticed that Nvidia has released updated driver packages for the "main-stream" video cards today.

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtman View Post
    Yo kbw;

I was going to inquire about your Nvidia driver status (newest installed?) and origin (directly from Nvidia - preferred or from Microsoft?)

However ... I just noticed that Nvidia has released updated driver packages for the "main-stream" video cards today.

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Thank you to all. I hand edited the CFG File and also updated my video card driver. Still no joy. as you can see in the picture besides losing my 32 bit choice (only 16 bit available now) I've also lost my ability on "Hardware Acceleration" and "Advanced 3D Hardware Options". I'm really stumped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled2.jpg  

My old card that came with the PC was a AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series. No problems. Boy, not this Nvida!

I might add that at the same time I upgraded my Graphics card from AMD to Nvida I also ugraded my Gigabyte motherboard to Asus and my AMD CPU to Intel.

Your settings in Nvidia Control panel?

Quote Originally Posted by adiazcay View Post
    Your settings in Nvidia Control panel?
    I'm glad you asked that. What are your settings?? I have a window that shows CFS2, but I don't know what setting to choose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled2.jpg  

Try the below. The Disable=0 should force Hardware Acceleration on and when you start in game things should be fine. Trying to edit these settings in game is likely to not work so stay out of the Display Settings of CFS2.

[DISPLAY]
    Device=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TI (\\.\DISPLAY1)
    Mode=1024x768x32
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1
    Disable=0

Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    I'm glad you asked that. What are your settings?? I have a window that shows CFS2, but I don't know what setting to choose.
    Well, I don't have CFS2, but I'd try Nvidia Inspector for these settings (is what I use for FS9). Basically, I want to know the settings of 'Change resolution', to confirm that you have 32 bit color enabled.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NvidiaPanelSettings.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	54719

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Try the below. The Disable=0 should force Hardware Acceleration on and when you start in game things should be fine. Trying to edit these settings in game is likely to not work so stay out of the Display Settings of CFS2.

[DISPLAY]
    Mode=1024x768x32
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1
    Disable=0
    That fixed it Allen!! Kinda sort of lol!! Everything works except missions won't load for some reason. Any ideas?

That fixed it Allen!! Kinda sort of lol!! Everything works except missions won't load for some reason. Any ideas?
    Nevermind. I think I see the problem and I need to play around with it a bit. Need to play around with the display settings in the config file. Thank you to all!!
    Last edited by kwb737; October 9th, 2017 at 15:23.

Nevermind. I think I see the problem and I need to play around with it a bit. Need to play around with the display settings in the config file. Thank you to all!!
    Well some mission will load just fine and others after I press the tab "Fly" all I get is this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

Try using any Compat setting?

Try using any Compat setting?
    Yeah I tried that Allen but no joy. I did discover that it might have to do with the aircraft. One mission that wouldn't load for example had me flying a P-38F. When I replaced that P-38F with the stock one the problem went away and all was good. I'm still tinkering with it when I have time. Thanks Allen.

Check the panel for the aircraft. IF it ONLY have a 1024 x 786 panel that maybe the prob.

Check the panel for the aircraft. IF it ONLY have a 1024 x 786 panel that maybe the prob.
    I think I know what your talking about but could you go into a little more detail so i'm sure. My config file is as follows.

Device=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Mode=1920x1080x32
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1
    Disable=0

Something really weird is going on but for the time being it may be fixed. I put my original plane back in that was causing the mission not to load, and when it came time to load the mission instead of clicking the "Fly" tab fairly quickly like I used to, I tried clicking it slow and deliberate holding down my left click on my mouse a little longer and bam! The mission loaded no problem. I'll keep an eye on things though. Love my new card. The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor always put a strain on my old card where the FPS would drop so low that the stuttering would cause me to just give up. Not with this card. Maintains around 60 FPS no matter what.

I think I know what your talking about but could you go into a little more detail so i'm sure. My config file is as follows.

Device=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Mode=1920x1080x32
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1
    Disable=0
    The 2D panel bitmap it self. If the panel is only using bitmap that 1024 x 786 they seem to freeze up CFS2 on Win7+. You can see if the panel is the prob by swapping the panel with a stock aircraft panel.

... Love my new card. The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor always put a strain on my old card where the FPS would drop so low that the stuttering would cause me to just give up. Not with this card. Maintains around 60 FPS no matter what.
    GeForce GTX 1050 Ti...nice!

Not to digress from the topic, but being a hardcore Nvidia devotee, i would expect FPS numbers to be in the triples in CFS2 with this card. What's weird to me here is that i'm still using an archaic Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 (circa 2009) and getting the same 60 average FPS in busy CFS2 virtual combat environments. Not doing too bad in the civie sims either.

I've been a little sheepish lately about my outdated hardware config, wondering where i'm going to get the budget to upgrade, with people talking about the latest hardware and new rigs and all. But maybe my GTS 250 in XP on a Gigabyte mobo w/ i7-930 Intel chip is still a youngster at heart by today's performance ratings.
    Last edited by bearcat241; October 11th, 2017 at 14:42.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post

Not to digress from the topic, but i being a hardcore Nvidia devotee, i would expect FPS numbers to be in the triples in CFS2 with this card. What's weird to me here is that i'm still using an archaic Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 (circa 2009) and getting the same 60 average FPS in busy CFS2 virtual combat environments. Not doing too bad in the civie sims either.

I've been a little sheepish lately about my outdated hardware config, wondering where i'm going to get the budget to upgrade, with people talking about the latest hardware and new rigs and all. But maybe my GTS 250 in XP on a Gigabyte mobo w/ i7-930 Intel chip is still a youngster at heart by today's performance ratings.

Icon23

The 2D panel bitmap it self. If the panel is only using bitmap that 1024 x 786 they seem to freeze up CFS2 on Win7+. You can see if the panel is the prob by swapping the panel with a stock aircraft panel.
    I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post

Not to digress from the topic, but being a hardcore Nvidia devotee, i would expect FPS numbers to be in the triples in CFS2 with this card. What's weird to me here is that i'm still using an archaic Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 (circa 2009) and getting the same 60 average FPS in busy CFS2 virtual combat environments. Not doing too bad in the civie sims either.

Bearcat, I'm running an i-7 930 at 3.8 GHZ with a GTX 970. The GTS 250 is a great card. The biggest limitation I have ran in to with CFS2 is the program's age. I'm running it in window mode on my monitor because CFS2 can't support my monitor's native resolution. Honestly, I have a hard time justifying a computer upgrade beyond what I have. The 930 isn't the fastest CPU out there, but yeesh, it still runs perfectly for me and it is 7 years old!

[DISPLAY]
    Mode=1024x768x32
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1
    Disable=0
    Thanks for those settings Allen! I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan, and I could get the sim to run in Windowed mode, but my ground textures were all blockish, but it looks just great now! Really appreciate your help, was just about to give up on it, but can check out a bunch of my old favorite ac again,lol I learned a long time ago that once I have the config set up the way I want it, not to mess with the ingame settings, plus I made a copy of my config and set it aside so I don't have to run around trying to figure out what I messed up again when it reverts to the ugly textures.

Members who have read this thread: 1