Nimitz-class aircraft carriers - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nimitz-class aircraft carriers

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Very nice work with the "Deck Control" gauge.....
    Lots of options for add-on to a carrier, a resupply ship, a small defense screen, all on the fly...

Well done....

Thanks that represent many hours of work

For notifications

Thanks, I'm posting a comment for notifications.

80's NIMITZ

Some test on 80's Nimitz, i use a crusader for the test because is a great aircraft and use almost always to test the carries

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f812.jpg   f810.jpg   f811.jpg  

Nice shots,the Crusader is a beautiful military jet.

Really like what you have done with the choice and look of your deck aircraft.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hello CIMOGT,I just tested out the Stennis a little while go,and ran into some troubles,and bugs first trouble is the deck control doesn't work,I have pushed all three buttons,and no planes appear on deck,the second trouble is the helicopter will appear,but it won't disappear after you turn it off with it's button.Now for the bugs 1.there is a box,or something that is floating in the air over by the working elevator,and bug 2.there is a man floating in the air over by the LSO booth on the rear of the ship,BTW I am using FSX acceleration,is there anyway to just have the elevator work on a timer like on the Javier's Nimitz it does not seem to work in FSX the plane keeps falling thru.Thanks,and nice work so far.

Hi CIMOGT, I most appreciate the work you are doing. One thing that I noticed on STENNIS was the multiple High Visibility paints schemes used for a squadron. Ever since the USN went to Low Visibility paint schemes, each squadron is limited to only ONE High Visibility paint scheme. These aircraft are referred to as the squadron's CAG aircraft. For accuracy you should therefore only have one aircraft per squadron on deck with the colorful High Visibility paint scheme. Again, I really appreciate the new ships. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Hello CIMOGT,I just tested out the Stennis a little while go,and ran into some troubles,and bugs first trouble is the deck control doesn't work,I have pushed all three buttons,and no planes appear on deck,the second trouble is the helicopter will appear,but it won't disappear after you turn it off with it's button.Now for the bugs 1.there is a box,or something that is floating in the air over by the working elevator,and bug 2.there is a man floating in the air over by the LSO booth on the rear of the ship,BTW I am using FSX acceleration,is there anyway to just have the elevator work on a timer like on the Javier's Nimitz it does not seem to work in FSX the plane keeps falling thru.Thanks,and nice work so far.
    Has anybody else using this addon with FSX experienced the same bugs,and problems,and is there a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Hi CIMOGT, I most appreciate the work you are doing. One thing that I noticed on STENNIS was the multiple High Visibility paints schemes used for a squadron. Ever since the USN went to Low Visibility paint schemes, each squadron is limited to only ONE High Visibility paint scheme. These aircraft are referred to as the squadron's CAG aircraft. For accuracy you should therefore only have one aircraft per squadron on deck with the colorful High Visibility paint scheme. Again, I really appreciate the new ships. Bill
    thanks, I'll take it into account in the next model

Removed

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE README FOR INSTALLATION OF GAUGES,

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9l87ne...NH_STENNIS.zip

Link removed

Hi CIMOGT,

in the first post of this thread you outlined that you'd got permission from Javier to modify this model so there should be no need for you to remove the link?

Also- I have a model you could work your magic on (if you've not started already) it's badly in need of it. I'll drop you a PM with the details!

cheers
    Gaz

Taken ball and gone home I fear.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Possibly. Private messaging seems to be blocked. Hopefully he'll pick this message up and drop me a note...

Had hoped to mediate with my post after Sylvain's on the other thread to avoid CIMOGT getting criticized too hard, embarrassed and then downing tools - but that's apparently failed!

Shame, now may not ever see that USS Hancock variation of your fine model . .

Deck Control utility

Moved to Win64 and a new FSX install and can't get the deck control utility to work.
    Did anyone else have this issue and work out a fix..?

Hopefully things will work out and CIMOGT will be back...

Works for me in FSX. Lots of problems though in PD34.

The deck control appears,but the planes don't show when the different deck configs buttons are pushed,and the helicopter is always there regardless of the button being pushed,or not when using FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    The deck control appears,but the planes don't show when the different deck configs buttons are pushed,and the helicopter is always there regardless of the button being pushed,or not when using FSX.
    EDIT: .mdl file called out in .cfg did not match FS version. All good here..
    Last edited by Seahawk72s; November 11th, 2017 at 12:31.

The issue for CIMOGT, was that a number of copyrights had been violated and links had to be removed. I believe that CIMOGT was just a little naive and meant no real harm. I hope he continues and creates his own models as I am sure he has the skill.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The issue for CIMOGT, was that a number of copyrights had been violated and links had to be removed. I believe that CIMOGT was just a little naive and meant no real harm. I hope he continues and creates his own models as I am sure he has the skill.
    Well I know one FSX/P3D developer had to address CIMOGT's mods in an upcoming FAQ.... watch for it. Haze Grey and underway.

Final update for the CVN-74

BUGS SOLVED
    -the aircraft carrier floats in the air.
    - Deck crew in the air.
    - Some problems with the operation of the deck control gauge.
    -Compatibility with P3D.

Updates
    -Added a control to operate the elevator.
    -Added more frames to the animation of the elevator to avoid jumps when operating it.
    -Some elements were removed.

NOT SOLVED
    -All reports related to effects.

This update is exclusively for P3D, it DOES NOT WORK ON FSX since the MDL is compiled for P3D, I only include the necessary .mdl files, gauge and instructions to install them. The complete model previously uploaded is required.

there are no plans to update the model again.

this update is only for those who have downloaded the previous model.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gexq8...n74_update.zip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails esteniscorregido1.jpg   esteniscorregido2.jpg   esteniscorregido5.jpg  

CIMOGT,
    Thanks very much for this update and good to see you on the forum. Please keep up your good work on the carriers.
    Expat

CIMOGT,

Excellent work! Thank you for making this possible.

Sylvain was perfectly right. You'd better expect true creators to give you free another jewel sometimes instead of fiddling on little arrangements that are just minor additions.
    Nobody's naive, let's be honest.

Members who have read this thread: 1