Wow, I was waiting for this! Vulcan B.2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, I was waiting for this! Vulcan B.2

Wow, I was waiting for this! Vulcan B.2

Just Flight:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    I wonder if Delta558 is going to be doing the flight model for that. we already have a pretty accurate flight model for the vulcan laying around somewhere. Just needs to be updated a tiny bit
    Hey Paul. If your doing this FM, feel free to use the vulcans flight model as a starting point.. Make it real again ..

Maybe Martyn will write something more about this project. Is it possible to have TacPack function here in this package?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On Vulcan works team of: Arrow, Warrior, Hawk and Tornado (Canberra also I think).

Paul has been responsible for all of our in-house aircraft FDEs and will be working on the Vulcan project too.

We've got no details regarding TacPack functionality as we are still in the early stages of development, however we hope to include at least limited TacPack functionality.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Paul has been responsible for all of our in-house aircraft FDEs and will be working on the Vulcan project too.

We've got no details regarding TacPack functionality as we are still in the early stages of development, however we hope to include at least limited TacPack functionality.

Thanks
    Martyn
    THX!
    This is one of the most fantastic aircraft in aviation history .

I liked always this BIG delta.

If it's anything like the quality of the Canberra, Tornado and Hawk, this is already a must buy for me. Great news that the Vulcan gets an updated version for our sims. It is definitely a classic.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries

Thanks
    Martyn
    I know. He was telling me that last night. I'm very excited, not only for him, but for you. Theres no one that knows the vulcans better than Paul. Your in for a treat ..

Few new pictures (of bigger Delta than Milton's incoming model ):

Hi chaps,
    Did you see the latest set of pics?

The full set are up here - www.justflight.com/product/avro-vulcan-b-mk2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails avro-vulcan-b-mk2_16_ss_l_180205163600.jpg   avro-vulcan-b-mk2_12_ss_l_180205163558.jpg  

Didn't see this threead when it was opened so only just found out about this project
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Blog Entries
    hehehe.. hate to say it, but it makes me wish i was young again..

Back circa early 70's the Vulcan made an appearance at the Airshow at Abbotsford BC. As with the photo near the top of the thread, made an amazing circuit of the airfield, in the infield!

A Lanc, a Halibag, and now this, my credit cards going to hate me this year

I wonder what will be expanded on versus IRIS's already wonderful Vulcan? Full control of engine starting? It seems my IRIS edition only had the rapid start operational. Perhaps a few more animations as well? I do see a RAT deployed in one of the shots. Were they not also working on a Gloster Javelin?

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post

I do hope they don't have trouble with the nose gear.

XH558 had trouble last time she displayed at my local airshow and had to fly home the next day, slowly, with the gear down the whole way. Much missed from our skies!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I wonder what will be expanded on versus IRIS's already wonderful Vulcan? Full control of engine starting? It seems my IRIS edition only had the rapid start operational. Perhaps a few more animations as well? I do see a RAT deployed in one of the shots. Were they not also working on a Gloster Javelin?
    The javelin is an Aeroplane Heaven product, the Vulcan will be an in-house product from the team that did the Hawk, Tornado and Canberra.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    The javelin is an Aeroplane Heaven product, the Vulcan will be an in-house product from the team that did the Hawk, Tornado and Canberra.
    Is it still a go? They were also doing the VC-10 that was handed to JF (I think the C-46 might have been shared too) but in any case was it dropped? I do see a bubble top P-47 (finally!) on AH site now.

As mentioned above, this is an in-house developed aircraft and will therefore be fully-functional ('study sim'). So it will be a significant step up from the IRIS version (nearly a decade old now) both in terms of functionality and detail (model/textures), as you can see from the pics above.
    Martyn

Is it still a go? They were also doing the VC-10 that was handed to JF (I think the C-46 might have been shared too) but in any case was it dropped? I do see a bubble top P-47 (finally!) on AH site now.
    The Javelin is still 'in the queue' and hasn't been cancelled. We partnered with AH on the VC-10 and published the C-46.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

As mentioned above, this is an in-house developed aircraft and will therefore be fully-functional ('study sim'). So it will be a significant step up from the IRIS version (nearly a decade old now) both in terms of functionality and detail (model/textures), as you can see from the pics above.
    Very cool, looking forward to following it's developement
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Man, yesterday when I saw the photos all I saw was the 3-D render, now I can see the texture, did you guys just replace the pictures? Anyway, it looks fantastic. Really like the thought of a study sim Vulcan!

Few new pictures from VC:

Outstanding update! Loved the Milviz/Iris one. Looking forward to flying this in P3D
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0