P3Dv4 - RAZBAM / Wilco Harrier VTOL: Any solutions in sight? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P3Dv4 - RAZBAM / Wilco Harrier VTOL: Any solutions in sight?

Blog Entries
    Many thanks to all concerned for this much welcomed update, it's much appreciated.

Ian

You welcome,
    Yes, Thanks for appreciation. feel happy ... if some body else became happy with a good thing I do.

I found this thread by accident, then I told Rob right away. I'm not good talk in English plus VTOL is not my expert, so I get Rob to see this thread.
    Maryadi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    You welcome,
    Yes, Thanks for appreciation. feel happy ... if some body else became happy with a good thing I do.

I found this thread by accident, then I told Rob right away. I'm not good talk in English plus VTOL is not my expert, so I get Rob to see this thread.
    Your English is a lot better than my Indonesian

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Your English is a lot better than my Indonesian
    Right ..!! LoL
    And the same goes for my Dutch-English ....

Unfortunately (and this is NOT addressed to you) some native-English/American speaking flightsimmers don't always realise that us non-British/American flightsimmers are not aware of some of the fine nuances in the English gammar.
    Leading to occasional misunderstandings sometimes.

Let alone, if we are corrected for our spelling.
    Like I never understood when to use "Color" instead of "Colour" , or "Realise" instead of "Realize" ......

But I'm getting way off-topic now.
    Sorry, I couldn't resist ......LoL

Cheers, Rob

Apart from this, isn't it a funny idyllic virtual world here in opposite to reality? So many nice and helpful people? What a minor issue is orthography or grammar? If people only could communicate that way over the world

Thanks again for this masterpiece!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Right ..!! LoL
    And the same goes for my Dutch-English ....

Unfortunately (and this is NOT addressed to you) some native-English/American speaking flightsimmers don't always realise that us non-British/American flightsimmers are not aware of some of the fine nuances in the English gammar.
    Leading to occasional misunderstandings sometimes.

Let alone, if we are corrected for our spelling.
    Like I never understood when to use "Color" instead of "Colour" , or "Realise" instead of "Realize" ......

But I'm getting way off-topic now.
    Sorry, I couldn't resist ......LoL

Cheers, Rob
    I suppose Colour/Color and Realise/Realize depends upon who your speaking to, a Briton or an American.

Regards,
    Ian

F-18 HUD in Wilco Harrier?

Hi all,

so i was out frightening the locals last night in the Wilso Harrier - which now VIFFs really well, thanks to the 64-bit VTOL gauge. Brilliant work.

Problem now is that, because it's hard to see the instruments well, flying at low level in the muck really demands a HUD.

I've been trying to wedge in the HUD from the freeware F-18 (FA-18C_FSXBA2016 16.1) but no joy so far.

Has anybody tried this before and got it working, or am I going to end up with a wet head?

Any hints and tips gratefully appreciated.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mohnebuster.jpg  

Try Corrado LaPosta's TMAP HUd. Here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/d916s4...c_FSX_v3.4.zip It is in the panel folder. You will probably have to tinker with the size and placement. I know that I did, as I am using it in a P3Dv4 portover of the Razbam A-7.

Just FYI - I got a note from Wilco just now, saying that they will be doing an installer for the Harrier, but it won't have the HUD or the Radar.

This is mystifying, because the Radar works just fine when you do a manual install.

I'll report back on the HUD situation, if anyone's interested.

So, I have a working HUD display, but no matter where I stick the gauge, all the bits are in the wrong place.

Do I need to edit the actual gauge to put things where they need to be?

All fixed. I was editing the gauge in Window00, not in Vcockpit02. Sometimes you just need to take a little time out.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GR3 Hud.jpg   Valley Harrier.jpg  

I've been trying to wedge in the HUD from the freeware F-18 (FA-18C_FSXBA2016 16.1) but no joy so far.
    Just so you know, they're up to v17.1.31 now.
    The HUD has been updated, as part of the improvements, and is really good.
    All you need to make it work is the FA18_HUD folder out of the Panel.fleet folder. Don't forget to add the HUD Control Panel as well as the HUD it's self.
    I don't gauruntee all the display features of the HUD will function properly without the inputs from the Hornet, but most of them should.

Hope this helps a little bit...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I might give that a go, thanks for the 'heads up', Pat.

Does it work with the Razbam Harrier?

I am confused reading through this thread.
    Does
    Maryadi's new VTOL gauge work with the Razbam Harrier?

I've got it working with the Wilco Harrier and it's awesome. Thanks to everyone for making it possible.
    But, I've played around with the Razbam harrier and it's a no go.
    Is the VTOL internally coded?

Can anyone advise

Many thanks

Gary

Maryadi's gauge won't work with the Razbam Harrier as a direct replacement.
    Razbam use a similar method with a gauge controlling the vtol but the internal workings are different.

Wilco P3D V4 installers

According to their website, there are a few Wilco products which now come with a P3DV4 installer, including the Harrier.

https://www.wilcopub.com/

Now available with a Prepar3D v4 installer :
    FK14 Polaris - Harrier Jump Jet - TBM850 - Tecnam P2006T - Tilt Rotor.

I'm not sure how you go about getting the installer if you have a boxed version though?
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    According to their website, there are a few Wilco products which now come with a P3DV4 installer, including the Harrier.
    Not sure about this: Does it mean, now all features are working in P3Dv4? Gauges, VTOL system? Or does it only install the aircraft fine in v4....Would be very interesting....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Allegedly everything works except the HUD. But I’ve not tried the new installer yet.

I hope you don't mind me bumping this but I was wondering if anyone had any luck with the Razbam Harrier in P3D v4?

The majority of the bits and pieces seem to work at a glance, it's just the VTOL system that doesn't.

I have the SSW one but I prefer the Razbam, it's got a much wider choice of toys to hang under the wings (the lack of AIM-120 is especially annoying on the SSW at the moment, I've e-mailed them and they have no plans to add it).
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

The Razbam Harriers work but unfortunately the payload selection screen doesn't work (dll problem I guess) so your stuck with the ferry tanks and consequently no VTOL. Disappointing.

Ian
    From the V4 Compatibility thread. I'm also a user of both models in FSX, and was looking to bring them over to P3D. I have been flying the Raz on a different platform (DCS) with working VTOL.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Hello,

can some one explain how install the HUD from Scott Printz and Jivko Rusev in the Wilco Harrier (or another plane), i don't know witch lines i must copy in the panel .cfg .

thank.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixoticish View Post
    I hope you don't mind me bumping this but I was wondering if anyone had any luck with the Razbam Harrier in P3D v4?

The majority of the bits and pieces seem to work at a glance, it's just the VTOL system that doesn't.

I have the SSW one but I prefer the Razbam, it's got a much wider choice of toys to hang under the wings (the lack of AIM-120 is especially annoying on the SSW at the moment, I've e-mailed them and they have no plans to add it).
    I'm in the same boat. I've tried my best to get this working, but to no avail.
    I can do conventional takeoff and landings, and even managed to do a very bumpy "VTOL-like" landing at 50-60 knots the other day, but VTOL takeoffs are impossible. The nose pitches up no matter what I do, and sends the Harrier on it's back.
    And yeah, while I do have the SSW Harrier, I really do like the Razbam version, for the same reasons as you. Sure wish there could be a solution on the horizon...

Quote Originally Posted by dutrla View Post
    Hello,

can some one explain how install the HUD from Scott Printz and Jivko Rusev in the Wilco Harrier (or another plane), i don't know witch lines i must copy in the panel .cfg .

thank.
    Ok, here we go!

First, you need the 2D HUD Control Panel.

[Window Titles]
    WindowXX=HUD Controls

and

//--------------------------------------------------------
    [WindowXX]
    size_mm=175,585
    window_size= 0.104,0.557
    window_pos = 0.776, 0.45
    visible = 1
    ident = HUD Controls

gauge00=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!Panel_Background, 0,0,175,585
    gauge01=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!Nav1CRS, 55,489,32,32
    gauge02=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!Nav2CRS, 55,529,32,32
    gauge03=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!GPS CRS, 55,445,32,32
    gauge04=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!Nav-GPS, 75,267,37,74
    gauge05=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!HUD Clock, 45,336,90,50
    gauge06=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!HUD Steering Switch, 68,376,37,74
    gauge07=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!HUD Color Switch, 35,160,28,28
    gauge08=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!HUD Altitude Switch, 35,200,28,28
    gauge09=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!HUD ILS Switch, 108,160,28,28
    gauge10=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!HUD Cage Switch, 108,200,28,28
    gauge11=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!HUD Power Switch, 78,222,37,74
    gauge12=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!GUN_ARM_Switch, 32,62,41,73
    gauge13=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!GUN_AA_Switch, 21,15,46,22
    gauge14=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!GUN_RATE_Switch,110 ,20,28,28
    gauge15=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!GUN_AMMO_Switch,110 ,63,28,28
    gauge16=Avionics\HUD\HUD_Panel!GUN_FNNL_Switch,110 ,106,28,28

//--------------------------------------------------------

Obviously, the two XX entries must be the same numbers.
    Like [Window01] and Window01=HUD Controls for example.

Next, you need the VC panel entries, thus:

gaugeXX=Avionics\HUD!FA18_HUD_VC_R, 585, 505, 400, 471
    gaugeYY=Avionics\HUD!FA18_HUD_Init // This is the HUD initialization, can be edited manually.

Obviously, you will need the correct folder name in the actual gaugeXX lines. Easiest is to place the folder Avionics\HUD in the plane's Panel folder, or they may be placed in the sim's Gauges folder, whichever you prefer.

Naturally, all the necessary files need to be included in the Avionics\HUD and the Avionics\HUD_Panel folders.

Hope this helps a little...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Ok, here we go!

Hope this helps a little...
    Pat☺
    As ever, Phantom tweak,

You are the Master of Change.

Bloody nice one -as we say over the pond.

x
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Members who have read this thread: 5