Big Bear Airport Add-on Coming To Flight Sim World

Thread: Big Bear Airport Add-on Coming To Flight Sim World

Big Bear Airport Add-on Coming To Flight Sim World

Quote Originally Posted by DTG
    Turbulent Designs are bringing Big Bear Airport to Flight Sim World, taking advantage of the updates to physically-based rendering to realistically map out this high-altitude airport.

You can find Big Bear nestled within the San Bernardino Mountains in the United States, close to 6000 ft above sea level.

If you're looking to replicate real-world flights into Big Bear, there are some specific flight rules for this GA focused airport. Inbound flights fly in over the ski slopes at 9,500 feet and departing traffic flys at or below 8,000 feet.

Who are Turbulent Designs?
    Turbulent Designs are a third party add-on developer, with a history in creating scenery, airports and mission packs for flight simulators. Their support has been invaluable in helping further develop the scenery components of our upcoming SDK.

Let us know what you think about the first scenery add-on for Flight Sim World. Big Bear Airport will be available for purchase shortly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big Bear Addon.jpg   Big Bear 2.jpg  

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I believe this is the one big thing holding this sim back....the lack off add ons.

i really like flying this sim but want more Han just the default aircraft (although they are pretty good). Until they get their act together regarding the promotion of third party add ons and freeware, they wiil remain a minor player.

i love this sim and want to see it grow.

Bob

Bob, they have to finish developing FSW and the SDK before they can do much more than they already have.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Making this add-on was part of their SDK development process. DTG is working with several 3rd party developers to make sure the SDK is as good as they can make it before releasing it to the public.

If the SDK winds up showing the same improvement the Pro Mission Editor has shown, there will be plenty of 3rd party content.

Big Bear Released

Release announcement from DTG
    The first add-on scenery is now available for Flight Sim World, Big Bear features highly detailed buildings, an accurate ground poly, and utilizes Turbulent’ s critically acclaimed Real Flora technology, all of which has been built from the ground up to take full advantage of the rendering technology upgrades in Flight Sim World.

With photo-real coverage spread across an area of 65km˛ with 30cm resolution, you can explore stunning seamless visuals as you take on the challenges presented when attempting to takeoff and land at this high altitude Airport (6,000ft) nestled within the San Bernardino Mountains.

If you want to find out more about Big Bear Airport, then head over to the store page or check out the developer diary.

I hate buying things twice. I already bought this for FSX/P3d. AARRGGHH!
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    I hate buying things twice. I already bought this for FSX/P3d. AARRGGHH!
    Sue
    This makes me kind of glad I missed almost 20 full years of being involved with Flight Sims....

"This makes me kind of glad I missed almost 20 full years of being involved with Flight Sims...."
    Well, in that case you've missed out on an awful lot of enjoyment.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members who have read this thread: 0