Monarch Airlines is no more

Thread: Monarch Airlines is no more

Monarch Airlines is no more

Saddened to hear of this venerable airline having entered into receivership. After 50years of trading, it's gone just like that. A sign of the times I suppose :-(

It will continue to operate in my virtual world though as I have many repaints of the fleet spanning many years and aircraft.

Gone but not forgotten.

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Indeed, very sad.

I liked Monarch and I liked their operation; food was served as part of the ticket, hot towels after food, friendly service. Old fashioned manners.

They should have stuck to Chartering and got into long-haul as part of the business model instead of trying to compete in the white heat of Euro low cost short-haul.

Genuinely sorry to see this airline go.

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

erm, they were in long haul but their asset strippers, er venture capitalists' , made them pull out of long haul destinations, cancelled the 787 order in favour of leases (paid in USD) ; and tried to compete with easy,wizz,ryanair et al on same terms

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    erm, they were in long haul but their asset strippers, er venture capitalists' , made them pull out of long haul destinations, cancelled the 787 order in favour of leases (paid in USD) ; and tried to compete with easy,wizz,ryanair et al on same terms

ttfn

Pete
    erm, yes, that's what I said.

All very sad.

Bye girls.

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Members who have read this thread: 0