Star Trek Discovery - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Star Trek Discovery

Have you been over to jammersreviews.com ? They have a heated discussion about Discovery (and Orville) going on as well.

I expected that as a Season 1 cliffhanger conclusion - but nevertheless ...Wow!

Personally, I have never relied on reviews to decide what I watch. I like it or I don't, on my own; thank you. I do like this one. It's not TOS exactly, but I don't think it ever claimed to be. This is turning out to be quite a thread.
    LOL
    Sue

Now that they are in a parallel universe (or so it seems) they don't have to stick as much to the original series...

And perhaps Stamets is turning into a 'Q' type of character?
    Intel i7-7770K Kaby Lake @4.2Ghz, Cooler Master 212 Evo, 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM, Asus ROG Strix Z270H motherboard, Asus GTX770/2Gb, Cooler Master 700 Watt PSU, Cooler Master HAF 922 Case, Samsung 840 128 Gb SSD, Samsung 850 250 Gb SSD, WD 2Tb HDD, Samsung 1Tb HDD, LG 27" LED Display, Windows 10 64-bit.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Now that they are in a parallel universe (or so it seems) they don't have to stick as much to the original series...

And perhaps Stamets is turning into a 'Q' type of character?
    Ferry,
    Somewhere on the 'net....the Discovery staff stated that the Mirror Universe plays a large part in the series.....

I guess we shall see!

I seem to recall a mirror universe in the original series. But it was a dog-eat-dog, devil take the hindmost sort of place. Spock had a goatee, Uhura had a very nice little dagger, Sulu ran around the ship topless wielding a fencing foil...
    Sounds like they took the concept and ran with it for Discovery. Maybe I'm wrong. I've never seen it. Probably never will. I watched TOS when it can out originally. Even went to see the first movie the day it came out at Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Got there at noon, got in for the midnight showing. Worth every minute of it

Just my 2 bits, whatever they're worth.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    I seem to recall a mirror universe in the original series. But it was a dog-eat-dog, devil take the hindmost sort of place. Spock had a goatee, Uhura had a very nice little dagger, Sulu ran around the ship topless wielding a fencing foil...
    Sounds like they took the concept and ran with it for Discovery. Maybe I'm wrong. I've never seen it. Probably never will. I watched TOS when it can out originally. Even went to see the first movie the day it came out at Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Got there at noon, got in for the midnight showing. Worth every minute of it

Just my 2 bits, whatever they're worth.
    Pat☺
    If memory serves correct,
    EVERY television series of Star Trek after the Original Series has had a few "Mirror Universe" episodes themselves....

One of the debates/discussions amongst "Discovery" followers is whether or not the series actually takes place within the "Mirror Universe"....

Or the even deeper question: which is the actual "Mirror Universe?"
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Or the even deeper question: which is the actual "Mirror Universe?"

Members who have read this thread: 199