Cv-34 oriskany
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cv-34 oriskany

Cv-34 oriskany

Trying to complete a series of emblematic aircraft carriers, modify for my use this freeware model of the Oriskany

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oris2.jpg   oris3.jpg   oris4.jpg   oris5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    Looking forward to this. Will the elevators move?

Hey CIMOGT is there anyway that you could please start a seperate thread that has all the links to the ships you have finished so far,if it's not too much trouble.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Looking forward to this. Will the elevators move?

Yes, the user operates them

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Hey CIMOGT is there anyway that you could please start a seperate thread that has all the links to the ships you have finished so far,if it's not too much trouble.Thanks

So far I'll be about 20 carriers, including 5 of the class nimitz, oriskany, kitty hawk, midway, tarawa, new york, gerald ford, queen elizabeth, garivaldi, vikrant, vikramaditya, kiev, almirant kuznetsov, hms invincible and others I do not remember now , plus about 15 frigates and cruiser from different navys some with more detail than others, a threat maybe by coutry or class

Updating some textures

Change some textures and the air wing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails orisn1.jpg   orisn2.jpg   orisn3.jpg   orisn4.jpg  

Wonderful!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi cimo,
    Looks great but I do have one little problem. The radome at the island aft should be gray. Prior to the sinking of the Oriskany it was still visible in the videos. The radome contained the SPN-35 elscan radar used to assist the LSO. I'm kind of picky about this as I was the only person at Hunter's Point Naval Shipyard responsible for overhauling it.
    Jim F.

Checking the elevators

Checking the second elevator added

https://youtu.be/-TAlEbmRQ6k

Checking the second elevator added

https://youtu.be/-TAlEbmRQ6k
    Fantastic Maybe someday you could just change the 34 to a 19 (USS Hancock) or a 31 (USS Bon Homme Richard. That would be nice.
    I remember that elevator shown in your video. Use to cycle the aircraft from the aft elevator, taxi thru the hanger bay and go to the forward hanger up to the forward elevator for launch.

Hancok

Fantastic Maybe someday you could just change the 34 to a 19 (USS Hancock) or a 31 (USS Bon Homme Richard. That would be nice.
    I remember that elevator shown in your video. Use to cycle the aircraft from the aft elevator, taxi thru the hanger bay and go to the forward hanger up to the forward elevator for launch.
    I'm going to delay uploading the file to include the Hancock in the pack

I'm going to delay uploading the file to include the Hancock in the pack
    Awesome!

Just as a suggestion, here is list of Airwings and their Tail Codes (NP) on the Hancock and then later the Bon Homme Richard. CAG21 was embarked on both ships during the VIet-Nam conflict. CAG 21 disestablished Dec '75

This link will show you the squadron and the aircraft markings. I'd like to see the first two aircraft marking used on the Hancock i.e. from 21 Oct 1964 to 1 Aug 1966.
    This chart should help with period correct aircraft and markings if you decide to spot some AI or static Aircraft on the flight deck. Thanks.

http://www.wings-aviation.ch/24-Nava...963/CVW-21.htm

Awesome!

Just as a suggestion, here is list of Airwings and their Tail Codes (NP) on the Hancock and then later the Bon Homme Richard. CAG21 was embarked on both ships during the VIet-Nam conflict. CAG 21 disestablished Dec '75

This link will show you the squadron and the aircraft markings. I'd like to see the first two aircraft marking used on the Hancock i.e. from 21 Oct 1964 to 1 Aug 1966.
    This chart should help with period correct aircraft and markings if you decide to spot some AI or static Aircraft on the flight deck. Thanks.

http://www.wings-aviation.ch/24-Nava...963/CVW-21.htm
    THANKS, good information with this the repaints is ended now, only need make the night textures,

first test USS HANCOCK

USS HANCOCK

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails han1.jpg   han2.jpg  

Thanks for the link

I had lost the link to Wings-aviation when my old computer bit the dust. Thank you for supplying it. Are the textures for the airwing in the model or separate textures and will it be possible if you know how to change the aircraft textures in DXTBMP and PaintShopPro to repaint different airwings aircraft aboard at other times? Same question for the future carriers?
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; October 12th, 2017 at 12:12. Reason: add information request

So, SO nice!!! NC

Great work,thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I had lost the link to Wings-aviation when my old computer bit the dust. Thank you for supplying it. Are the textures for the airwing in the model or separate textures and will it be possible if you know how to change the aircraft textures in DXTBMP and PaintShopPro to repaint different airwings aircraft aboard at other times? Same question for the future carriers?
    the textures are included, to modify them you only need dtxbmp there is no psd file available

Ok Repainting

Thank you for the reply and the great work. I downloaded Stennis a couple days ago and checked out the aircraft and can see what you say and it will be no problem to modify if and when I feel like it. Looking forward to this download too.

These are so awesome. Great work. If only we had an up-to-date Whale, and Crusader. Lately there seems to be a lot of Vietnam-era interest as far as FSX/P3D is concerned. Or maybe I just noticed it now. It definitely sparked my interest!

One question, maybe two! Where did you get the A-4 and does it come in orange and white?

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    These are so awesome. Great work. If only we had an up-to-date Whale, and Crusader. Lately there seems to be a lot of Vietnam-era interest as far as FSX/P3D is concerned. Or maybe I just noticed it now. It definitely sparked my interest!

One question, maybe two! Where did you get the A-4 and does it come in orange and white?

Tool

I usually repaint them myself, for the a-4 use a static model that i had,

Members who have read this thread: 0