Cv-34 oriskany - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cv-34 oriskany

Very nice ! Carriers in FS getting better & better

EXPat:

I would REALLY like to add your VF-191 texture to my Crusader for use on "The Big O". Please let us know when you release it>

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    I usually leave the animated parts separately to animate them in 3dmax, possibly change the scale without realizing it and only assemble the whole model when compiling it and I did not realize, I will try to correct this in the next version besides adding nocturnal textures, I already have many pieces modeled and animated on the pc, I could have added other one
    HI,

Appreciate your efforts in this class of carrier. I got to thinking of perhaps a better way to describe those two round water effects just aft of the ship, It looks like two torpedoes are about the
    strike the back end. Hopefully, on your next update you would dial that effect out. Thanks,

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    AHH! - I thought you did something a bit cleverer than that!

I spent several mind numbing and frustrating weeks moving the deck start, end and edge to get the best approximate position which is still on this model. If you try and shrink the deck edge the IFOLS will line up but the deck lighting will be off centre. If you move the start and end points the lighting then doesn't align to the deck edges.

You can try but it won't get much better than where it is now, the deck lights will be off centre and you will wonder why you started in the first place!

Better suggestion is look for an alternative to the default acc IFOLS for a carrier this size (there's a few options I think)

Cheers
    Gaz

Clever?? No, mate. Must have me confused with some other bloke.

Testing in P3D v 4.

Boat spawns in AICarriers -- looks good! -- on the sea surface ok below an overhead aircraft.

However, when trying to slew an aircraft onto it the ship goes "poof!" and disappears. Tried a dry land test where you spawn it directly over an aircraft in slew at an airport. The boat appears for micro second and then disappears. Conclusion is that it disappears the minute it comes into contact with an aircraft?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

New test P3Dv4: Installed deck control gauge and parked a plane at the edge of the sea and spawned the "O" one mile off shore. Ship appeared and then rose up into the sky and out of sight. Doesn't seem to like contact with other surfaces.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    New test P3Dv4: Installed deck control gauge and parked a plane at the edge of the sea and spawned the "O" one mile off shore. Ship appeared and then rose up into the sky and out of sight. Doesn't seem to like contact with other surfaces.

how weird, I never saw that behavior, I do not have p3d v4installed to test sorry

Well I am sure we will in time get this so its working well in both FSX and PD3 - all versions - as Gary's original and most other FSX native model carriers work perfectly in those formats. Just needs some tweaking and testing. Not an expert on MDX but maybe running the model through it to configure it as a native FSX model - rather than create it initially for P3D might do it?

This is very nice work!
    i have long been searching for a static A-3 for my Whidbey Island 1966 scenery. Can you share where the Static A-3 came from?
    It does work fine in FSX - i have noted similar issues that others have noted, but even with those, this is really well done.

I have attached a couple of screenshots, and if allowed, i would like to modify the texture set (for my own use) of the A-3 - unless others want it - in which case i will make it available.

All of the work you are undertaking is truly well done, and most appreciated.

Deke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx 2017-11-03 09-22-28-81.jpg   fsx 2017-11-03 09-20-45-40.jpg  

EXPat:

I would REALLY like to add your VF-191 texture to my Crusader for use on "The Big O". Please let us know when you release it>

Bill
    You got it. WARNING: Due to the unusual way the original modeler Carl Ninjamouse Edwards organised the texture files on this bird, you will find many extraneous textures and probably a missing one or two. You may need to experiment. F8-J model.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have attached a couple of screenshots,
    Very envious - that all looks the business!

Now I have an excuse to go back into FSX for the first time in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by navy81 View Post

This is very nice work!
    i have long been searching for a static A-3 for my Whidbey Island 1966 scenery. Can you share where the Static A-3 came from?
    It does work fine in FSX - i have noted similar issues that others have noted, but even with those, this is really well done.

I have attached a couple of screenshots, and if allowed, i would like to modify the texture set (for my own use) of the A-3 - unless others want it - in which case i will make it available.

All of the work you are undertaking is truly well done, and most appreciated.

Deke

it was not tested in fsx and i will not post anything specific for fsx because i can not test the model in so many simulators and there are always compatibility problems, for example the hard deck of the elevator, after looking for a solution, no longer appear in p3d in my case, but in p3d v4 appers,

In what format do you need the a-3? I converted this from an old freeware model of FS9, downloading as many polygons as I could, but it is still a big thing, so if you want it for a scenario I would recommend you not to put a very large group or change the LOD of the model, send me a MP

Is anybody willing to convert this beautiful model,and the Stennis to FSX?I could give it a try if,I had some guidance.

Bump

Just checking to see if any fixes are WIP or can be done to areas in red circles? Would like to see effect from just above the ships screws eliminated. Adjustment more to the right of the IFLOS is appreciated as well (were red arrow is)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Don't know why it is, but when I load your carriers, they all will want to rise up out of the water into the sky. (P3D V3.4) at least for me, don't know about other folks.
    To rectify the situation, I have to use ModelConvX and that will stop the boat from flying. Other commercial ships (payware) and most freeware ships - I have no issues what so
    ever in P3D V3.4 -

I would like to see if the following areas just above where the screws are (Aft - circled in red) removed please. Also the IFLOLS needs to be repositioned to the right, where I have my red downward arrow.
    It looks too far to the left.

If you look at the wake of the real ship, there is no screw effect such as the one I out lined above. ^ Also, notice the location of the IFLOLS below and compare to the one ^.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Just checking to see if any fixes are WIP or can be done to areas in red circles? Would like to see effect from just above the ships screws eliminated. Adjustment more to the right of the IFLOS is appreciated as well (were red arrow is)

Thanks
    Hi,

as I mentioned earlier in this thread the IFOLS cannot be fixed using the current setup as I used the default acceleration gauge which is designed for Nimitz class carriers so it is very difficult to align the start, end and edge attachpoints for one the size of oriskany as to move the IFOLS means the deck centreline lighting end up floating in the sea etc etc. a completely new gauge has too be developed/used.

the second challenge to performing the fixes and releasing is CIMOGT used components from other developers without permission hence the links had to be removed and he can't release any updates as a result without incurring the wrath of original devs. Now, as original dev of oriskany if CIMOGT PMs me I can see if I can help him secure approval from the other developers and upload mods.

Best
    Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    Hi,

as I mentioned earlier in this thread the IFOLS cannot be fixed using the current setup as I used the default acceleration gauge which is designed for Nimitz class carriers so it is very difficult to align the start, end and edge attachpoints for one the size of oriskany as to move the IFOLS means the deck centreline lighting end up floating in the sea etc etc. a completely new gauge has too be developed/used.

the second challenge to performing the fixes and releasing is CIMOGT used components from other developers without permission hence the links had to be removed and he can't release any updates as a result without incurring the wrath of original devs. Now, as original dev of oriskany if CIMOGT PMs me I can see if I can help him secure approval from the other developers and upload mods.

Best
    Gaz
    Until the kinks are worked out, I've removed this ship from my inventory and for now...it's mothballed

It's kind of a shame. Was hoping - with the necessary and generous permission of Gary - that this model could be completed for use in P3Dv4 and also its sister the Hancock would emerge.

Well it's not dead and buried yet. There are options around fixing the meatball, and as for modifying my hull....I'm okay with it.

The use of the vehicles, additional deck crew and hangar textures by RFN, and aircraft by MAIW that have been added are out with my control as they ain't mine....but there are options around that too. (Worst case remove them from the pack to avoid the copyright infringement piece then the hull can be shared with the lift features)

I just need the boyo to get in touch (his PM ability is disabled so I can't contact him)

Gaz

Yes. Looks like CIMOGT has posted recently here on the Niimitz thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0