Cv-34 oriskany - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cv-34 oriskany

One problem I have found with the otherwise near perfect Oriskany model is that you can't land the A-3 Whale with crash detection on. There is I think a legacy "crash box" or similar artifact in the model - possibly what was a crash barrier - that the original modeler could not remove that the wide span of the A-3 contacts on trapping. Any chance of the upgraded CV-34 and CV-19 avoiding this? Looking forward to these long wished for models!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Adding deck control panel

testing the control deck panel for the air wing and some animated crew

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails o3.jpg   o1.jpg   o2.jpg  

Skywarrior request

I really appreciate seeing an A-3 Skywarrior on the deck. Hope it's there for the FSX version please - preferably in VAH-123 Professionals or VAQ-133 Wizards colors! Preferably the former as the VAH-123 Professionals was the A-3 training squadron!

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    I really appreciate seeing an A-3 Skywarrior on the deck. Hope it's there for the FSX version please - preferably in VAH-123 Professionals or VAQ-133 Wizards colors! Preferably the former as the VAH-123 Professionals was the A-3 training squadron!
    i will keep in mind

deck control panel

first test of the images for the gauge

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails O4.jpg  

I must be missing something but has the Oriskany been released yet? I don't see a link on this thread to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I must be missing something but has the Oriskany been released yet? I don't see a link on this thread to download it.

not yet, i´m testing the gauge for the control deck now

I really appreciate seeing an A-3 Skywarrior on the deck.
    Overall awesome deck pack you have chosen there! I keep checking here each day hoping to find the updated Oriskany and the Hancock ready. Keep up the excellent work!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I have this one painted up and ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Overall awesome deck pack you have chosen there! I keep checking here each day hoping to find the updated Oriskany and the Hancock ready. Keep up the excellent work!
    Now i working on the textures of the tracer

Download link

Hello, here the download link, please read the readme file for install intructions

*** Link removed by Huub Vink ***

This version not include night textures, sorry, i don't have time to added, the only bug i found is in the stern elevator, sometimes the hard deck fail and you fall to the sea, i solved it, did not show up anymore in p3d v2, p3d v3 and p3d v3.3

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I have this one painted up and ready to go!

Nice scheme i used in the air wing

Got the O boat (CV34) need the cfg data for AI carriers.

It is included in the download.

Don't know why it is, but when I load your carriers, they all will want to rise up out of the water into the sky. (P3D V3.4) at least for me, don't know about other folks.
    To rectify the situation, I have to use ModelConvX and that will stop the boat from flying. Other commercial ships (payware) and most freeware ships - I have no issues what so
    ever in P3D V3.4 -

I would like to see if the following areas just above where the screws are (Aft - circled in red) removed please. Also the IFLOLS needs to be repositioned to the right, where I have my red downward arrow.
    It looks too far to the left.

If you look at the wake of the real ship, there is no screw effect such as the one I out lined above. ^ Also, notice the location of the IFLOLS below and compare to the one ^.

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    Heavy 4 (VAH-4) would be a more appropiate choice. They deployed as dets for their entire duration (prior to being re-designated as VAQ-131) and spent much of their time on the "27 charlies" - Tico, Hancock, Bonnie Dick, and Oriskany. My father led Det Golf on the '62 WESTPAC cruise on Oriskany and flew workups on Bonnie Dick and Hancock with Dets Echo and Bravo. He later commanded Heavy 2 deploying on Ranger, Coral Sea and Enterprise, and 123 (the RAG) in 69.

Thanks for adding the Whales and other period statics!

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Don't know why it is, but when I load your carriers, they all will want to rise up out of the water into the sky. (P3D V3.4) at least for me, don't know about other folks.
    To rectify the situation, I have to use ModelConvX and that will stop the boat from flying. Other commercial ships (payware) and most freeware ships - I have no issues what so
    ever in P3D V3.4 -

I would like to see if the following areas just above where the screws are (Aft - circled in red) removed please. Also the IFLOLS needs to be repositioned to the right, where I have my red downward arrow.
    It looks too far to the left.

If you look at the wake of the real ship, there is no screw effect such as the one I out lined above. ^ Also, notice the location of the IFLOLS below and compare to the one ^.

About the IFLOLS is placed by the simulator, I do not know how to correct the position, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by navy81 View Post
    Heavy 4 (VAH-4) would be a more appropiate choice. They deployed as dets for their entire duration (prior to being re-designated as VAQ-131) and spent much of their time on the "27 charlies" - Tico, Hancock, Bonnie Dick, and Oriskany. My father led Det Golf on the '62 WESTPAC cruise on Oriskany and flew workups on Bonnie Dick and Hancock with Dets Echo and Bravo. He later commanded Heavy 2 deploying on Ranger, Coral Sea and Enterprise, and 123 (the RAG) in 69.

Thanks for adding the Whales and other period statics!

you are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    About the IFLOLS is placed by the simulator, I do not know how to correct the position, sorry
    That's Okay, overall, it's pretty nice. Would you be able to fix the ships screw effects, where I indicated in a picture ^ (Circled in red)?

My Oriskany model which you have modified uses the default acceleration IFOLS. The attachpoints and IFOLS positioning are dictated by runway size and deck edge and is really designed for Nimitz sized carriers hence it doesn't align very well to models the size of Oriskany. You've copied the positon I used which is the best you can get when playing around with start and end points. You can move the IFOLS around but it will then impact runway deck lighting (the deck centreline light will start to creep off the end of the deck and into the superstructure when you move the meatball to the right)

I'm sure Lazarus found a workaround when he developed some of the smaller carriers he might be able to advise

Gaz

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Take the model into MCX, and start moving the deck start and deck edge distances around in the attached object editor, the IFLOLS is tagged to those. It takes some trial and error, twiddle the numbers, export, into sim, look it over, back into to MCX...it's a bit laborious, as MCX doesn't show the lights. Looks like you'd start with moving the deck edge marker positive X axis off the starboard side. Deck start positive Y moves the lights forward, negative Y moves 'em back.

Thanks for the work you have put into this much needed 27C model. In addition to the previous comments, the JBD (Jet Blast deflector) model used (from Nimitz?) is much too tall. The pattern on the deck shows the correct height. I also note that the Catapult Officer will properly kneel when ready to launch on the Port side cat - however I have been unable to get him to kneel at all when on the Starboard side cat (even when the cat shot goes through it's complete function).

Side comment: we use calm ocean in FSX and the ship will work up to as high a speed possible during a flight ops cycle (launch or recovery). The wake in these conditions is normally long (nothing to disturb it). Therefore I prefer to use the wake pattern that is available on the Clemenceau/Foch. A shorter and wider ("funnel" shape) give the impression that the ship is not up to speed.

Bill

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Thanks for the work you have put into this much needed 27C model. In addition to the previous comments, the JBD (Jet Blast deflector) model used (from Nimitz?) is much too tall. The pattern on the deck shows the correct height. I also note that the Catapult Officer will properly kneel when ready to launch on the Port side cat - however I have been unable to get him to kneel at all when on the Starboard side cat (even when the cat shot goes through it's complete function).

Side comment: we use calm ocean in FSX and the ship will work up to as high a speed possible during a flight ops cycle (launch or recovery). The wake in these conditions is normally long (nothing to disturb it). Therefore I prefer to use the wake pattern that is available on the Clemenceau/Foch. A shorter and wider ("funnel" shape) give the impression that the ship is not up to speed.

Bill
    I usually leave the animated parts separately to animate them in 3dmax, possibly change the scale without realizing it and only assemble the whole model when compiling it and I did not realize, I will try to correct this in the next version besides adding nocturnal textures, I already have many pieces modeled and animated on the pc, I could have added other one, in the case of the catapult officer the animation is only for the port side cat, I plan to add one that appears only when using starboard side cat

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Take the model into MCX, and start moving the deck start and deck edge distances around in the attached object editor, the IFLOLS is tagged to those. It takes some trial and error, twiddle the numbers, export, into sim, look it over, back into to MCX...it's a bit laborious, as MCX doesn't show the lights. Looks like you'd start with moving the deck edge marker positive X axis off the starboard side. Deck start positive Y moves the lights forward, negative Y moves 'em back.
    AHH! - I thought you did something a bit cleverer than that!

I spent several mind numbing and frustrating weeks moving the deck start, end and edge to get the best approximate position which is still on this model. If you try and shrink the deck edge the IFOLS will line up but the deck lighting will be off centre. If you move the start and end points the lighting then doesn't align to the deck edges.

You can try but it won't get much better than where it is now, the deck lights will be off centre and you will wonder why you started in the first place!

Better suggestion is look for an alternative to the default acc IFOLS for a carrier this size (there's a few options I think)

Cheers
    Gaz

Members who have read this thread: 0