Flight 19 - High Road To China - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flight 19 - High Road To China

Hi Again!

The picture shows Flight 19 preparing for departure from Alexandria and heading towards Cairo. When we got there we sure screwed up the local ATC. Hehe, Oops! See you all later. Time for some refreshment!

Cry Havoc

Into Eilat Israel. Note the upgrade in speed with the A-20.

Yep nice flight into the resort city of Elliat. Might be worthwhile to hang out here a few days. Or until "bidness" calls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-oct-28-001.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Howdy all,

Well, this old boy is back to normal, hehe, forgot to load the bloody camera again. All in all it was a very nice flight into Eilat, Israel, and had a nice tail wind for awhile, and I was thankful for it, it sure help me to keep up with those fast bugger. While here, going to shop around for something that is a little faster than the Caribou. Wish me good luck. hehe

Hey there!

The weirdness thing happen while we were kind of doing some R&R here at LLET. So here I will try to tell the tail. hehe. As I came out of hanger office I noticed this older gentlemen was walking around and checking over the Caribou. So being a nice person that I am, I walked over to have a little talk with this person. Come to find out he is a British Airmen from years pasted, who came back to Israel to live after the big war. Boy! did he a lot of yarns about those times. Well, to make a long story shorter, we ended up talking about airplanes. He then mentioned that he has an WWII plane over in back of the hanger. Me figuring it was more than likely some old trainer or something. When we got there and I saw the plane, I darn near fell to my knees, for there set a De Havilland Mosquito, and it look like it was in prime condition. Hehe, then we started to bargain about doing some kind of trade, well, I won out, or I think I did, and he ended up with the Caribou, and me with the Mossie. hehe, he gave me a going away present, a bottle of glue!

Here again, HI!

The Mossie did just great on the flight to OEWJ. Willy and his Venture took off like being shot out of a cannon, the skeeter being faster than the Ventura, but still took me a long time to catch up with that speed ball. It was to bad that Moses was down with some kind of a problem with the A20G, but should be back in the air sometime soon. We decided to stay down Tuesday in order for Moses to catch up. All in all it was a enjoyable flight with the exception Willy wanted to know should he pass over to me a box or some sort of a container carrying termites! Now that's a friend for you! hehe

Yeah, I was rawhiding the R-2800s a "wee bit". I put that wooden crate of termites in the back of your Mossie. You can thank me later lol

If it were not for the crude oil "interests", no one would live out this way...

It's me again!

The added picture is of Moses, in his A20G and Dudley and I in the Mossie getting ready to fly across one of the biggest sand boxes in the world. hehe. It was a nice flight from OEWJ to OEMA and the next flight will be from OEMA to OEHL, sure a lots of O's in this country. We missed Willy on this section of our junket, lol maybe some of those termites got into one of his nitro cargo, oops, shouldn't have said anything about his cargo. We keep checking and making sure those little termite bugger haven't, and that they aren't trying to made a meal out of our Mossie. Sure don't like the thought of flying along and the bloody tail falls off. It sure could ruin our day!

Hello folks,

Heck, Dudley and I had some problems with the Mossie, and needed to return to Madinah for repairs. Well, we got them done and test flew the Mossie and all seem OK continued on in order to catch up with flight 19, and we finally made to to Hail (OEHL). One problem with the Mossie is that after the big war most of them just set around and with the weather the wooden spars, and other wooden part started to deteriorate without some TLC. Hey, guess what! We will have another Mossie flying with us, evidently, Willy made a good trade with the local swap shop. We will catch you all later.

The Ventura's engines were losing power, so I worked a deal with the local Swap n Shop on this low mileage, only flown on Sundays by a little old lady Mossie. I'm not sure I believe that line the the salesman named "Aitch" gave me, but it does seem to be decent shape. I've got Terminex coming over to treat it and it'll be ready to go.

He also threw in a bomb bay full of MOD spraycans of paint in various colors. Most of them say RN/FAA on them though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-nov-3-001.jpg  

Nest of Skeeters in the Saudi outback.

Got Fred my Navigator/CoPilot/Flight Engineer and all around Go-fer a new toy fresh from the ACME catalog. A "high quality" new navigation system from those electrical experts at Lucas. Even sprung for the fancy autopilot option.

I am a little concerned with slogan on the box, "A Gentleman Doesn't Motor About After Dark".

Oh well, what can go wrong???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-nov-4-001.jpg  

Hey There!

The picture, not real good quality, show Flight 19 getting ready to leave HAIL (OEHL) and head to King Khalid Military City (OEKK). With any kind of luck we should be able to procure some boolits, and big things that go boom! hehe. Had some information that our buddy Achmad was going to join us, more than likely try, to cause some nasty harm to us and the aircraft. Boy! that rascal sure can hold onto a grudge! It has been years since Flight 19 out foxed him and his buddies in a certain deal, and of course we try to out fox him at any chance we get. lol.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Got Fred my Navigator/CoPilot/Flight Engineer and all around Go-fer a new toy fresh from the ACME catalog. A "high quality" new navigation system from those electrical experts at Lucas. Even sprung for the fancy autopilot option.

I am a little concerned with slogan on the box, "A Gentleman Doesn't Motor About After Dark".

Oh well, what can go wrong???
    Only thing that concerns me with that radio setup is one word "LUCAS".

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hello there!

Dang, we had a bum start on the start of this flight, we thought that maybe Willy either got run into by a camel or he hit one on his way to the runway. As Dudley and I got onto the runway we dropped our camera on the runway, oh boy, we thought that Moses would have run over it, and smashed it flat, But to our relief he missed the camera, we needed to shut down #1 engine in order for Dudley to go back and get the bloody thing. Big surprise, the darn thing wasn't damaged and hehe, it took a picture. (note attached picture). It took awhile for Rob and Willy to catch up after some minor problems they had before take off, and a short wait on the runway we decided to make with the wind and take off. Rob and Willy got and they managed to catch us just before landing. As usual, it was a good flight. We will be taking this day for some R&R so will see you a little later.

Hey, here we again,

We had a very nice flight, Hehe, all these Mossie taking off in some what of a formation, which in our case isn't to bad, and those big bad merlin's engines made sounds you couldn't believe. NICE. If you note in the added picture the ground was a little hazy, when I first came onto it I thought it was a sand storm, but later we figured it was some low fog. me think. Now let me tell you, OEHR airport was out in the middle of nothing, not even a McDonald, more or less of any forms of a normal airport. I believe it must be one of Achmed local haunts, no local police or what would give him any problems. Ok, now we are off to OMIO, and who knows what we will find there!

The De Havilland sales guy was pretty clever...

Hiya!

Here again, take a look at the posted picture, with the exception of the low fog there is nothing to see but sand! Sure glad that Dudley and I make sure we topped of the fuel tank, added the required oil. As far as that crafty sale folks forgot giving me that promised coffee maker. If we were traveling back that way I sure would stich a nice pattern of cannon holes across his office. Nah! I might get into the trouble or what, but the idea sounds good. Hehe

Howdy all,

Here we go again, We took off from OMIO, (Don't ask me where it is. hehe) and headed towards OMFJ. All I know is that maybe tomorrow we will, or should be in Iran, gee! couldn't ask for a more friendly place. With three skeeters flying over the desert at a low altitude must have ruffled most folks feathers. loved it. Been kind of looking for our buddy Achmed, but the rascal must be out of town ain't no one has heard from him or seen him. What the heck, they wouldn't tell us anything any way. Check the picture, now this is being out in the no where. lol.

Into the hot zone...Iran.

Last edited by Moses03; November 11th, 2017 at 08:37.

We flew on into Iran. I switched to a work in progress that the paperwork says is a "Super Lodestar", but sure looks and flies like a Howard 500 to me. Maybe it'll keep the local authorities looking the other way. I mean, what kind of trouble can one get into with a Lodestar cargo plane? Especially a bright and shiny one with no markings.

Next stop: Taliban country. At least I've got a crate of carbines and several smaller crates of ammo. Fred still has his shotgun too.

Headed into the pattern....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flt 19-2017-nov-11-001.jpg  

Howdy,

Yep! we landed in Iran, and so far no problems with the locals. Old Dudley is doing some TLC on the eight cannons that are carried on the Mossie, he sure wants those guns to be in working order. hehe. We should be leaving OIKJ (Jiroft,Iran) and then point the old birds toward OP35 (Juzzak, Pakistan). Will be keeping our fingers cross hoping that the bad guys will leave us alone. Hehe, if not, we will give them a fight and they will think hehe who knows. take care will talk to you after we get to Pakistan.

Hey folks, how you doing?

We will be heading to OABT, Bost, Afghanistan from here OP35, Juzzak, Pakistan. I thought I would get early start on preparing the Mossie for the next flight, I got to the airport about half asleep as usual, hehe Dudley was still in the sack, man, he can sleep any where and anytime, I did see something strange, as I headed out to the Mossie, a Beaufighter was just taking off heading west. Funny, we didn't know that that plane was even here. Must have landed late last night, and then busted out of here real early, maybe they know something we don't. Oh well, we will be on our way in a few hours. Talk to you later after we get Afghanistan.

Well, a pretty uneventful flight to OABT. Jim was ahead and landed first and was out of sight as Willy and I lined up #2 &3. Nice and smooth until...

"Willy: that didn't work as planned
    Willy: damn, I hit hard enough it knocked Jim offline

Sr_G: well, they DID have a 7.2 quake in the area this weekend
    Willy: I know nothing...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19 -OABT.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0