Has anyione seen this before??

Thread: Has anyione seen this before??

Blog Entries

Has anyione seen this before??

I dont know what happened.. I deleted an old fsx directory that wasnt supposed to have been being used and I get this.. after reaming fsx.cfg in two seperate dirctories ( one in documents ) I still get this. I uninstalled fsx and reinstalled and this is the result. I'm baffled.. I'm hoping someone can help me out.. Thanks in advance..
    Pam

Okee... My best guess is that there is, or isn't a specific key in the registry that is causing the problem, so... I would un-install FSX completely, re-start your machine, then do a clean-up on the registry with a tool like CCleaner. Just a recommendation, there are ALOT of excellent registry tools out there for Windows OS. Then, re-install FSX and have another go. I have FSX installed outside of the OS, in it's own location on the HD and it works just fine, but install as you see fit. Hope that does it for you.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Hello,
    probably you only need to delete the shaders and let FSX rebuild them.
    Regards,
    Nick

Blog Entries
    followed blackbirds suggestion. deleted fsx, removed all instances of old installs, cleaned the registry and am reinstalling.. if this doent work ncooper, i'll definately give your idea a try

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Maybe it is trying to tell you that it is time to upgrade to P3D .

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Maybe it is trying to tell you that it is time to upgrade to P3D .

::LOL:: Thanks Pat. I needed a chuckle.. I simply canot afford 120 dollars a year for fifteen year old technology ( ESP ). Also, I develop for fsx so i need it running.. valid suggestion though.. I was actually one of the first people to use P3D back when we were all arguing about licenses.. Now it's like, give me XP-11 and Flight sim world.. they hands down beat anything thats otherwise currently available..

The shaders are in c:\users\your name\appdata\local\microsoft\fsx\shaders.

Blog Entries
    i dont know if it was the shaders, or the corrupted REX textures on demand files, but deleting the one, and uninstalling the other seems to have worked.. Thank you Gentlemen.. your help is greatly appreciated..

Hello,
    it will have been the shaders, for anyone else with the same problem in the future.
    It is not an uncommon problem and can also cause the spinning aircraft window to
    be black.
    Regards,
    Nick

One supplement question. I havn't had any problems with shaders. However for any such case do I delete all shader folders or just the files inside?

Just the files inside

Looks like a missing airfile.

It's already fixed by deleting the shaders.
    Regards,
    Nick

Members who have read this thread: 1