Tornados

Thread: Tornados

Icon5 Tornados

Which one is the question

I know JF have one and it was done in house, so im interested in that as it wasnt done by another developer that supplies to them and the JF in house products are normally good.

I know SSW have one as well, Im still deciding if I like their work after buying the F84

UKMIL have a freeware version, but Im aware its limited in the graphically detail department

are there any others and what are the paintkits like?

Can't say about the paintkit but the SSW one has an amazing terrain following feature, moving map display and full functional weapons. Texture wise I think it is one of their best jobs and quite good on FPS. I don't have any of the others.

Blog Entries
    The JustFlight one is excellent, but unfortunately it's not ready for P3Dv4 yet, but I'm guessing it probably won't be long (I hope).

Ian

I am a huge fan of the SSW Tornado. With the free VACMI or Tac Pack installed it has a large range of functional weapons (more are functional with VACMI). Systems modelling, 3D modelling, texturing, flight dynamics, sounds are all excellent. I have the JF Tornado also and although it's great I haven't flown it as much, and I would say I prefer the SSW Tornado.

As stated the SSW Tornado has an excellent moving map and terrain following radar, both of which have a library of terrain data and map data which can be added to with user created data available on the website or more can be created fairly simply. Data for UK, Germany and Italy are included as standard. Another great feature of this is that the data is loaded independently of the sim through the SSW Red Panda software, to save on frame rates, which are excellent too.

I highly recommend the SSW Tornado.

Here is an example of some user created moving map data (more on the SSW website too):

https://forums.vrsimulations.com/for...hp?f=7&t=17891
    Last edited by scotth6; September 26th, 2017 at 05:27.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Which one is the question

I know JF have one and it was done in house, so im interested in that as it wasnt done by another developer that supplies to them and the JF in house products are normally good.

I know SSW have one as well, Im still deciding if I like their work after buying the F84

UKMIL have a freeware version, but Im aware its limited in the graphically detail department

are there any others and what are the paintkits like?
    I've had both. The SSW remained on my system,. The JF did not. But your remark about the F84 suggests some concerns about SSW aircraft. What's behind that?

You might want to take advantage of JF's free demo download to help you decide.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

There are a few pics of the SSW Tornado on the following pages:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hots?p=1076866

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Here!!/page363

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Here!!/page364

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ance+photoreal

I don't know much about the paint kit unfortunately, but you could ask on the SSW forum. It comes with lots of textures, but everyone would always appreciate some more paints I'm sure.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    The Just Flight one is excellent, but unfortunately it's not ready for P3Dv4 yet, but I'm guessing it probably won't be long (I hope).

Ian
    Hope to have the v4 update ready within the next week or so.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Thanks, i will try the demo when ready

im not a huge fan of the SSW website and the systems set up

By coincidence, I just got an email indicating that SSW is now selling aircraft through Just Flight.

Regarding the SSW Tornado paint kit. I can tell you that a kit exists but I have never used it. It's available as an installer .exe and available for download from their support forum - so you should be able to get it yourself and inspect it without having to buy their Tornado.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

jeansy, have both, but in FSX-A. As a Tacpack flyer, agree with odourboy and scotth6. My JF sits in the back of the unused payware hangar. I love taking time to learn from cold/dark starts, but already having the Harrier, the ability to add various real world tactical charts added to the immersion as a "by the numbers" end user pushing me to the SSW Tonka. Look forward to any fictional Oz paints you come up with, I "pretend" I'm down low in the F-111.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Thanks, i will try the demo when ready

im not a huge fan of the SSW website and the systems set up
    I saw Today adv that SSW will start to sell his product on JF store too.
    I have his Toranado and its a very, very good model with many features like "Panda" for example. I have also JF's Tornado but this plane stays in my hangar only when SSW will be broken .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0