Jeep Willys for P3Dv4

Thread: Jeep Willys for P3Dv4

Jeep Willys for P3Dv4

Perhaps You know this model, but in P3Dv4 it looks like this, dont know why :

The model is on SOH/Flightsim
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...highlight=jeep .

It will be nice to drive it again.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looks fine to me.
    But then I have been playing a lot of Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 lately
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Must have been some jar heads looking for spare parts again.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Looks fine to me.
    But then I have been playing a lot of Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 lately
    LOL. This game is buggy!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    LOL. This game is buggy!
    Not so much anymore, its had 37 patches since release and its pretty good now.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

By far the best Willys Jeep for use in FSX/P3D so-far is the one included in the FSAddon Waco package, but it is very US Army ground troop styled/configured.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    By far the best Willys Jeep for use in FSX/P3D so-far is the one included in the FSAddon Waco package, but it is very US Army ground troop styled/configured.
    This? Agree, looks nice.

Its a package of the glider , 5Eu: https://fsaddonshop.com/collections/...cts/waco-cg-4a No info about P3D but I hope it works here too. It could be as Donation for Francois . Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Perhaps You know this model, but in P3Dv4 it looks like this, dont know why :

The model is on SOH/Flightsim
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...highlight=jeep .

It will be nice to drive it again.
    Its a normal thing in the organisation I work for. its one of the common consequences from budget cuts and the reorganisation of management levels. In a way it all make sense; why should you have wheels when you can's see where you are driving?

Cheers,
    Huub

Hey, now!
    We're very good scavengers, granted, but we draw the line at stealing body parts. Actually, that's the Navy's purview. They provide the Medics for us, so...

Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Maybe one day, if I have too much time, I'll make my static jeep driveable :-)

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Heidi in Jeep???

Wow, it was good choice, this FSAddon Willys. Tested, working well in P3Dv4 (it has installer for P3Dv1-3). For 5Eu for beer for Francois! Many thx! :- DDD
    Good car for exploring Mark's sceneries!

Now I need WWII Avatar :- DDD !

Hi,

it's been a long time since the last post, but today I come back to this.
    I am currently keen on the Willys, so my question is:

Can I use it without the glider appearing in the scenery as well?
    In P3Dv4, you can choose an aircraft, and by keying shift/hold and E you get your avatar to explore the surrounding terrain, but with the aircraft just off.
    Is this the same with the Willys or can I select it simply like an aircraft?

Thank you very much.
    Best regards, Manfred.

I don't have P3Dv4, but in FSX, I several autos installed, and you select them just like an aircraft. And you should be sitting in the seat as if you were in an aircraft. In FSX, I'd search for FSAddon as a publisher, and it will list all my FSAddon "Aircraft". Don't know what FSAddon named the jeep.

Thank you, FC.

But in P3Dv4 it's quite difficult - you can't use most of the FSX running cars anymore. Most cars you can use in FSX are originally FS9 models that still are usable in FSX as well but not any longer in P3Dv4.
    So the Willys Jeep in the addon as described above is part of a package that is designed for usage also in P3Dv4, but for my part, I am only interested into the Jeep.

Anyway, just because of a good tutorial meanwhile I will do some experiments by myself to convert most popular vehicles for P3Dv4 near future. In the case of my skills will allow this
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Its a normal thing in the organisation I work for. its one of the common consequences from budget cuts and the reorganisation of management levels. In a way it all make sense; why should you have wheels when you can's see where you are driving?

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub,

I have this installed in V5, and works fine. The question I have, is there a Navy Jeep available that might work in V5? Thanks, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Huub,

I have this installed in V5, and works fine. The question I have, is there a Navy Jeep available that might work in V5? Thanks, NC
    Chief,

I did a google on "navy jeep" and found a lot of variation in the markings and color schemes.

If you could find a couple examples of what you want, I would be happy to repaint the one from Francois' package.

Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Chief,

I did a google on "navy jeep" and found a lot of variation in the markings and color schemes.

If you could find a couple examples of what you want, I would be happy to repaint the one from Francois' package.

Let me know what you think.
    Thanks Henry! I will get back to you! Pete

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Is the FSAddon CG4 and Jeep available anywhere?

Members who have read this thread: 5