USS ZUNWALT DDG-1000 drivable P3D/FSX

Thread: USS ZUNWALT DDG-1000 drivable P3D/FSX

USS ZUNWALT DDG-1000 drivable P3D/FSX

Modified version of the freeware USS Zumwalt with CV and hangar in drivable version for my personal use , I still have pending an animation of the missile launcher

https://youtu.be/kPpwQ_PE9d0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zun1.jpg   zun2.jpg   zun4.jpg  

Looks good to me. However the length of the Zumwalt is 600 ft. and the Nimitz class is 1092 ft.
    I've never measured the carrier sitting at Pier 12 in FSX or P3D but if the carrier is scaled correctly (maybe) then the 'Zoomie' looks a bit longer than 600 ft.
    Is there any reliable way to measure either/both ships in the sims ?

Will def add it to my fleet - home port San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Looks good to me. However the length of the Zumwalt is 600 ft. and the Nimitz class is 1092 ft.
    I've never measured the carrier sitting at Pier 12 in FSX or P3D but if the carrier is scaled correctly (maybe) then the 'Zoomie' looks a bit longer than 600 ft.
    Is there any reliable way to measure either/both ships in the sims ?

Will def add it to my fleet - home port San Diego.

hello, thanks for the comment, and yes is a little bigger (20 feet), i will correct this

Members +
    Blog Entries
    I was kind of guessing at scale, the original was a bit undersized. Only missed by about 20 ft? Not too bad an eye,eh?
    It's a big ship, about the size of a battleship, though less displacement. Too bad there's no ammunition for the guns!
    This got me to thinking about the arsenal ship designs from the '80's. Now I'm going to have to do one of those to go with the SWATH CVL!

Members who have read this thread: 0