Native A-20 Havoc for FSX / Prepar3D
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Native A-20 Havoc for FSX / Prepar3D

Native A-20 Havoc for FSX / Prepar3D

The fantastic A-20 Havoc Beta 1 is out. Give her a try at the link below.

A-20 Havoc for FSX / P3D download HERE!!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Well done !!! Mike

Thank you very much sir, can't wait to fly her

Thanks a lot Milton and team for this excellent plane.
    The exterior model and textures are beautiful.
    The VC still needs a lot of work, but it's already quite nice.
    I don't have time to really test her now, but I could have a quick go..

Blog Entries
    NICE!!!! Thank you...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

thank you Milton, Ive been waiting for a havoc and you have delivered

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Thanks a lot Milton and team for this excellent plane.
    The exterior model and textures are beautiful.
    The VC still needs a lot of work, but it's already quite nice.
    I don't have time to really test her now, but I could have a quick go..
    Thanks.

The VC is done. What does "a lot of work" mean to you?

Just curious. :-)

EDIT:

Daube, I think your comment deserves followup from you. You cannot make a general statement like, "The VC still needs a lot of work, ..." without offering details.

Secondly, your comment offends me and my team who have already invested many months in the vc and interior. To make a comment like that on a beta is okay (if done properly) as long as it is backed up with credible input.

This is freeware built for FS9 and FSX and so is subject to some constraints, not to mention my petty talents.

So, I await your explanation.

Thanks
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; September 26th, 2017 at 10:09.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks for this great plane, Milton and Team - you did a very nice job on her ...

All the Best

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks.

The VC is done. What does "a lot of work" mean to you?

Just curious. :-)

EDIT:

Daube, I think your comment deserves followup from you. You cannot make a general statement like, "The VC still needs a lot of work, ..." without offering details.

Secondly, your comment offends me and my team who have already invested many months in the vc and interior. To make a comment like that on a beta is okay (if done properly) as long as it is backed up with credible input.

This is freeware built for FS9 and FSX and so is subject to some constraints, not to mention my petty talents.

So, I await your explanation.

Thanks
    I didn't realize my comment would have been taken as an offense.
    After re-reading it, I understand what you mean. For info, I was mostly looking at the textures, which could use some higher resolution, but I forgot the model was built also for FS9.
    Sorry about that. I won't make comments anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I didn't realize my comment would have been taken as an offense.
    After re-reading it, I understand what you mean. For info, I was mostly looking at the textures, which could use some higher resolution, but I forgot the model was built also for FS9.
    Sorry about that. I won't make comments anymore.
    Daube, thank you for clarification.

I agree that the texture resolution is an issue in the cockpit, especially where text is concerned.
    Some of the text is just eye candy so leaving it "in the background" was not an issue for me.

However the important text around switches and controls, especially in FS9, is somewhat unreadable.
    This is where I can say, "the truth you speak hurts" as I knew this but have been so involved with more major things across the eight models in two sims to deal with it.

I will give it a look to see if that can be improved without major changes.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

marvelous work, gents. It works well in FSX-SE as well. The only thing I had to do was correct a line for the 2-D panel window to make it to work in a wider view (for my large monitor and 970 card). The VC view is great with no changes required:

file=Panel2D.bmp
    file_1024=Panel2D.bmp
    size_mm=1920,1080
    window_size=1.000, 1.000 // (The second 1.000 was left out in my downloaded panel.cfg file)
    position=7
    visible=1
    ident=60
    pixel_size=1920,1080

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    marvelous work, gents. It works well in FSX-SE as well. The only thing I had to do was correct a line for the 2-D panel window to make it to work in a wider view (for my large monitor and 970 card). The VC view is great with no changes required:

file=Panel2D.bmp
    file_1024=Panel2D.bmp
    size_mm=1920,1080
    window_size=1.000, 1.000 // (The second 1.000 was left out in my downloaded panel.cfg file)
    position=7
    visible=1
    ident=60
    pixel_size=1920,1080
    Thanks Mike71, I adjusted the source.

Great to hear it works for you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

A simple question, I hope!

Hi Milton! First off, thanks for all of the work you and your team do to make these wonderful aircraft. Now my question....I chose the A-20g Riding High as my

test aircraft and everything works except that I have no protruding gun muzzles or turret guns showing. The proper guns.bmp and turretrack.bmp are present

in the "common" texture folder. Could this be because I use FSX with SP2 instead of Acceleration?

Thanks for any help offered!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Havoc nose.jpg   Havoc turrett.jpg  

MrZippy, Milton can give you the particulars. There doesn't appear to be any plexiglass in the windows or turret either. This must be a FSX version issue. I use P3D v4 and all looks perfect. Those using FSX Acceleration have reported not problem either. See if you can find a copy of FSX Accel or migrate to P3D for some fantastic flying.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    MrZippy, Milton can give you the particulars. There doesn't appear to be any plexiglass in the windows or turret either. This must be a FSX version issue. I use P3D v4 and all looks perfect. Those using FSX Acceleration have reported not problem either. See if you can find a copy of FSX Accel or migrate to P3D for some fantastic flying.
    Thanks for the reply back. You're right....no windows or plexiglass for the turret. Might have to try the FS9 version?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Thanks for the reply back. You're right....no windows or plexiglass for the turret. Might have to try the FS9 version?
    I am not familiar with the differences for FSX below Acceleration. Unless you converted the Ridin' High textures, it must support DDS/DXT5 textures as your livery shows.

The chrome oleos appear to be working as DDS/DXT5.

The glass textures are also in that format. (cabin_glass, cabin_glass_spec, and glass)

The guns.bmp is a 32bit tetxure and should have a white alpha channel.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I am not familiar with the differences for FSX below Acceleration. Unless you converted the Ridin' High textures, it must support DDS/DXT5 textures as your livery shows.

The chrome oleos appear to be working as DDS/DXT5.

The glass textures are also in that format. (cabin_glass, cabin_glass_spec, and glass)

The guns.bmp is a 32bit tetxure and should have a white alpha channel.
    Thanks for the response, Milton! I just tried the FS9 version and so far, everything except for the nose gun muzzles look good! VC and 2D cockpits look fine and seem to function fine. I'll replace the FS9 prop spin with the FSX one and put in my A/P, brake squeal, and maybe make the front cannons fire!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FS9 Havoc.jpg  
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thanks for the response, Milton! I just tried the FS9 version and so far, everything except for the nose gun muzzles look good! VC and 2D cockpits look fine and seem to function fine. I'll replace the FS9 prop spin with the FSX one and put in my A/P, brake squeal, and maybe make the front cannons fire!
    Mr. Zippy: My suggestion would be, if you haven't already, remove everything except the six critical files (engines, fuselage, fuserear, htails, wing_l, wing_r)and add the texture config file and you should have something that looks like the picture below from FSX+Accel. Guns and glass as intended. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ridin_High.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Mr. Zippy: My suggestion would be, if you haven't already, remove everything except the six critical files (engines, fuselage, fuserear, htails, wing_l, wing_r)and add the texture config file and you should have something that looks like the picture below from FSX+Accel. Guns and glass as intended. :-)
    Thanks...will giver 'er a go! The FS9 failed to load after my first attempt, OH well! Now my dumb question...do I remove the stuff from the Riding_high folder or the base.texture folder?

Good advice Wellis.

I will also add that the FS9 version with the Clipboard load out screen and panel will not function properly in FSX as there are sim interfaces and functions specific for each sim. There are also VC functions that use custom xml that are specific to each sim. But, you can try it; maybe those functions are not important to you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just in case are the textures deleted from the Riding_high folder or from the base.textures folder. A little confused on this!

Thanks...will giver 'er a go! The FS9 failed to load after my first attempt, OH well! Now my dumb question...do I remove the stuff from the Riding_high folder or the base.texture folder?

Just remove all the files from the Ridin_High.texture folder (see below) and be sure to put the texture.cfg file in your now reduced Ridin. All of the files being those other than the above mentioned critical files are in the common textures folder and as Milton mentioned are tailored specifically for the FSX Native. The currently available Ridin High is for FS9 so it comes with everything in the livery specific folder rather than a separate common textures folder as in FSX. If you are going to use SteveB's and Huub's FS9 textures you will need to do this for all of them. Hope this helps. :-)

What you will have at the end is a texture.Ridin_High folder with seven files: engines_t.bmp, fuselage_t.bmp, fuserear_t.bmp, htails_t.bmp, wing-L_t.bmp and wing-R_t.bmp and the all important texture.cfg. Don't mess with anything in the common textures folder which shows up in the main aircraft folder simply as "texture" (no suffix or livery name). :-)

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Just remove all the files from the Ridin_High.texture folder (see below) and be sure to put the texture.cfg file in your now reduced Ridin. All of the files being those other than the above mentioned critical files are in the common textures folder and as Milton mentioned are tailored specifically for the FSX Native. The currently available Ridin High is for FS9 so it comes with everything in the livery specific folder rather than a separate common textures folder as in FSX. If you are going to use SteveB's and Huub's FS9 textures you will need to do this for all of them. Hope this helps. :-)

What you will have at the end is a texture.Ridin_High folder with seven files: engines_t.bmp, fuselage_t.bmp, fuserear_t.bmp, htails_t.bmp, wing-L_t.bmp and wing-R_t.bmp and the all important texture.cfg. Don't mess with anything in the common textures folder which shows up in the main aircraft folder simply as "texture" (no suffix or livery name). :-)
    Thanks for the help! I will do the work after I get back from the bank. I borrowed a texture.cfg from one of my other aircraft so that's good to go!

Thank you mister Milton for this aircraft. I've very appreciated it!!!
    Great paints!
    The more you do, the less you dream

My Thanks to Milton and team for this. I found a couple things that may or may not have been brought to your
    attention. I have not read through the other 2 threads to see if they were and I apologize in advance if they were.

This is for the FSX/P3D version.
    The first is the folder name for Queen Julia textures which in the download I have is like this, "textures_Queen_Julia".
    The "s_" needs to be changed to "." so the textures will show in sim.
    The second is in the same folder, the texture "wing-R_t" is saved as a bmp but needs to be flipped so the top of wing
    is not showing on the bottom and vice versa. I flipped it in dxtbmp and then saved it as a dds file which flipped it again
    and now all is well.
    The last has to do with all the model's. They are missing the "hump" for a lack of better term across the top of the wing/
    engine area. It is a prominent feature that you can see on the real a/c. As of now it is just flat across the top wing surface.
    I don't know if you can add this or not (I hope you can) as it would make a great model even better.

Thanks again, Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Members who have read this thread: 0