Campaign "fast forward" button (x2, x3 etc)

Thread: Campaign "fast forward" button (x2, x3 etc)

Campaign "fast forward" button (x2, x3 etc)

When you're flying a campaign in CFS3 or ETO, there's a row of buttons near the top of the campaign panel; pause, fast-forward, etc; I understand that using the x2/x3 button decreases turn-around time between missions, but does it actually increase operational tempo?
    For example, when flying the Phony War campaign in ETO, 9 missions is all you get between September, 1939 and April of 1940. (Does that seem even the least bit realistic, that RAF fighters would only fly 9 missions in 8 months?)

Anyway, my question is this; does this "fast-forward" button actually affect how many missions you fly, or does it only "reduce healing time between missions?"

(You see, I've really fallen in love with the Hurricane of late, not too difficult to do giiven what an utterly delightful kite she is, and I'd love to be able to rack up bigger scores than I'm currently getting.)

Your assistance is greatly appreciated, as always, sincerely, "Mac"

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Mac,

If you need to heal, the campaign progresses more days than normal, at a healing rate determined in the pilotconstants.xml file, until you are well enough to fly. I never use the "fast forward" button voluntarily, but I do use the pause button - when I am studying the frontline and assessing which mission in which sector will do me the most good.

I suppose that if you sat between missions and used a faster rate of time, the campaign engine would be doing a lot of die rolling all along the frontline, in accordance with the campaign parameters. This could either be good or bad for your campaign....

Members who have read this thread: 0