Locher/Sarentino Airfield scenery for MS FSX and LM Prepar3D.zip

Thread: Locher/Sarentino Airfield scenery for MS FSX and LM Prepar3D.zip

Locher/Sarentino Airfield scenery for MS FSX and LM Prepar3D.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category Prepar 3D / P4D Add-Ons

Description: This scenery package is a representation of "Locher" airfield, a private grass field in the Trentino (or South Tyrol) area, close to the town of Sarentino (or Sarnthein, or Sarntal) in northern Italy. The town is very close to the border with Austria (hence the many versions of the town name). The field belongs to Locher Gebhard and shares the premises with Mr. Gebhard's factory, apparently producing metallic fire rated doors.

Features of the Locher airfield scenery include:

- Photoreal area with seasonal variations and watermask

- Custom mesh for a large area around the field

- Custom buildings and rock formations around the hangar, as well as sloped taxiway

- Custom landmarks on approach from the south, including power cables over the valley

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Locher/Sarentino Airfield scenery for MS FSX and LM Prepar3D.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

This has to be your crowning glory to this point Dimus. Beautiful creation. . .Well Done!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks Ed! Hope you get back on the saddle soon too.

Absolutely fantastic work Dimus.

Just made my first landing and it was a success but really tricky.

This will be my favourite task for a while,I think.

Thank you very much.

Cheers Chris

Good LORD man... this is a fantastic bit of work. I mean, it's more than a scenery... this place is a work of art!

I flew it tonight in the Milviz Beaver and the A2A J-3. Both aircraft did great, and climbed the hill from the hangar no problem. I'm still in FSXA, with ORBX Global but no Vector, and no European OpenLC stuff either. I pulled my mesh resolution down to 2m as recommended, and it looked great! (the river imagery further down-valley, down past the church towards Bolzano, was up on the side of the hill, but that's ORBX's fault, or mine for not installing Vector lol).

Another thing I noted: even with all those high-res textures, everything ran SMOOTHLY here for me. I was curious about that, because the MV Beaver can choke my old computer down sometimes, even in some relatively simple bush sceneries. This place must be really nicely optimized because it ran great.

THANKS! This is destined to become a famous little sim airfield...

Problem with this addon

Hello,

first of all I want to say thank you for the awesome work you did with this. I love how you guys Keep giving yout best to Keep the fsx alive and make it even better. Unfortunatly I have a Problem with Locher Field and it would be great if you could spend a Minute in trying to work this out. Perhaps you have an idea how I can fix my Problem.

To Keep it simple, the only part of the airfield I have are the Hangar, the Taxiway and a small Piece of grass after the Taxiway. The whole runway is missing, instead I have a really bumpy landscape and ist absolutly impossible to land the. The whole runway as seen in your yutube Video i missing. I took a Picture from "the hill" downwards to the Hangar.

I have FSX Steam, and already tried to Switch of any other addons I have. I also tried in moving the addon up and don in the scenery list. And I also switched on the Locher Field Scenery a couple of times but still the same Problem.

Can you please give me any advise?? Thanks a lot, Florian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Locher.jpg  

Lovely Locher

Hello Dimus,

Words tend to fail when it comes to describing the impact of actually being able to experience your masterpiece in FSX.
    Truly a work of art. Very well thought out too.
    "Just for fun" I plotted the elevations of the tops of the powerline towers (and where one end disappears into the trees).
    So far I have attempted takeoffs and landings, using a PC12 and Kodiac Quest (NOT with floats, yet!).
    And to have a really good look around, in a Bell 206 helicopter, which I recommend as this scenery is awesome.
    Well worth waiting for and thankyou so much for this.
    Oh and the various videos are amazing!.
    kind regards,

nbrettoner

Hello Dimus,

Thankyou so much, a very fine job you have done. I was looking for a new challenge, this one certainly fits the bill. I have FSXA, Orbx GlobalBase and FreemeshX the scenery and airstrip slotted in perfectly, I'm using 5m mesh res with Max slider for most other settings and had no issues whatsoever, the scenery performs and looks great.
    The hangar, apron, rockwall, and taxi-ramp, are brilliant I think I'll spend some more time here at Locher.
    I managed a few flights in and out from Parking1 (like the videos) my plane of choice (a little Cessna 152) it was late Fall so there was some slippery light snow cover on the way up the runway to 17 for takeoff.
    Having watched the videos a couple of times I had some idea what to expect on approach for landing spotted all cables and managed quite a few near perfect landings, although one aborted landing was a bit of a mess, the 152 just has not got the power to abort (you are quite right there are no go-arounds here).
    Sorry to those people in the chalet I'll fix the damage and extract my plane from your living room on my next trip.

Cheers Jethro
    Cheers Jeff (Jethro)

This is really a great scenery, but unfortunately, I have a problem - see attached screenshot. I seem to be missing some textures, or more precisely: They aren't displayed. It concerns the area around the lower apron/hangar, and one of the buildings on the other side of the street. It's hard to tell from the screenshot, sorry. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-10-29_18-27-37-267.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0