The Folks Bitching About Toyota "Cheating"...

Thread: The Folks Bitching About Toyota "Cheating"...

Icon2 The Folks Bitching About Toyota "Cheating"...

I guess they forgot about all the years of Chevy dominance....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    I guess they forgot about all the years of Chevy dominance....
    There is no such thing as cheating in racing, just creative insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    There is no such thing as cheating in racing, just creative insight.
    Back in 2007, Michael Waltrip Racing was caught using aviation fuel. THIS was actual cheating.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Back in 2007, Michael Waltrip Racing was caught using aviation fuel. THIS was actual cheating.
    Wasn't a mechanical or aero cheat (which is what folks are complaining about)

Blog Entries
    My older son Jayson was a team manager for Team Green, with two consecutive National Championships in Indy Lights on his resume'.

We discussed, on many occasions, the "creative" tactics they utilized to outwit the other teams. All were legal, but the gray areas allow for innovative thinking.

It's racing....
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

This all sounds too familiar being from New England lol.

LouP

i used to use 100 octane av-gas in my hobby stock,then we would add a bottle of rubbing alcohol to it,said this was to stop condensation in the tank while not racing during the week.i was always fast,set more track records then anyone else in the division won a boat load of trophy dash's and a chitload of heats,i didnt do quite as well in the A mains as starting at the rear of a 30 car field for a 15 lap race,on a tight 1/4 mile,which was measured at the outside wall,wasnt an easy task,the guy who won the championship several years in a row,was always qualifying at the back of the slow heat,which put him in the middle of the pack for the A main.he truly sand bagged.

Hey All, 8

I have zero doubt the toys have an advantage.

I've no idea if it is engine or chassis but I believe it is chassis. I think the toys are easier to setup and balance. They get into the corner better and they more than anything else drive off better.

I don't know why this is so but it is clear to me the current France is NOT a Chevy man like all the Frances of the past. Yes I admit Chevy always seemed to have a small bit of an edge and I'm a dodge mopar guy.

But what does baffle me is - what happened to the fords? Last year they were right with the toys but not so much this year. How could they lose it so fast? With respect to the chevys only the 42 an sometimes the 24 seemed to be truly competitive.

Who knows what will happen in the next 12 races- remember Jimmie won number 7 not passing a single car on the track and only leading one lap at homestead. We shall see...

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Icon2

Can't stack the rules against Toyota each year but continue to take their money as participants....
    And....like them or hate them....fans have to accept that Toyota will probably win a Cup championship at some point....

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All, 8

I have zero doubt the toys have an advantage.

I've no idea if it is engine or chassis but I believe it is chassis. I think the toys are easier to setup and balance. They get into the corner better and they more than anything else drive off better.

I don't know why this is so but it is clear to me the current France is NOT a Chevy man like all the Frances of the past. Yes I admit Chevy always seemed to have a small bit of an edge and I'm a dodge mopar guy.

But what does baffle me is - what happened to the fords? Last year they were right with the toys but not so much this year. How could they lose it so fast? With respect to the chevys only the 42 an sometimes the 24 seemed to be truly competitive.

Who knows what will happen in the next 12 races- remember Jimmie won number 7 not passing a single car on the track and only leading one lap at homestead. We shall see...

-Ed-
    I'm not sure what you want EasyEd (unless you totally want Toyota out of the top 10) - Here are the current standings:
    1) Toyota
    2) Chevy
    3) Ford
    4) Ford
    5) Toyota
    6) Toyota
    7) Chevy
    8) Chevy
    9) Toyota
    10) Ford
    https://www.nascar.com/standings/mon...car-cup-series

But if you look at the manufacturer points, Chevrolet is in the lead, Ford is second, Toyota is third. If Toyota is cheating, they must be doing it wrong.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

fans have to accept that Toyota will probably win a Cup championship at some point....
    They already did in 2015.

Toyota didn't win a single championship between 2007 (their debuts) and 2014, nobody complained. But since they are now able to win everybody says they are cheating.

You guys are boring.

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post

You guys are boring.
    Why do you keep replying then instead of ignoring the thread?

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    But if you look at the manufacturer points, Chevrolet is in the lead, Ford is second, Toyota is third. If Toyota is cheating, they must be doing it wrong.
    Yes!!!!......

Why do you keep replying then instead of ignoring the thread?
    Oh, I was not replying to you personnally, since I quite agree with what you wrote. 'You guys' was referring to NASCAR fans as a generality. I should have been less lazy and have written "NASCAR fans are boring". Sorry for that.

And I keep writing on several forums that guys who are always complaining about Toyota teams "cheating" are boring, just because I still hope they will one day realize how boring they are and this should lead them to become less boring. I might be too optimistic though.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Kyle quashed them all today. Infer what you want.

Members who have read this thread: 0