Using Piglet's FS2004-era aircraft in P3Dv4

Thread: Using Piglet's FS2004-era aircraft in P3Dv4

Using Piglet's FS2004-era aircraft in P3Dv4

All,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any surefire ways to use Piglet's FS2004 aircraft in P3Dv4.

Note: this is a different matter than Falcon409's recent thread, which is why I started a different one.

I was particularly looking at his Star Wars aircraft such as the Y-Wing, for example. With no modifications, loading it in the sim results in a completely invisible entity. I next tried to convert it in ModelConverterX but lost the VC entirely, as well as see-through cockpit glass (shows up as black/grey).

I'm thinking the guages should work in the 64 bit platform since they are all XML, but I'm having difficulty in getting the aircraft itself to render.

Do I have any options?

Many of his FS2004s were advertised as FSX too since they worked fine in that platform, but addons compilied from that era are not playing nice with P3Dv4 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    All,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any surefire ways to use Piglet's FS2004 aircraft in P3Dv4.

I was particularly looking at his Star Wars aircraft such as the Y-Wing, for example. With no modifications, loading it in the sim results in a completely invisible entity. I next tried to convert it in ModelConverterX but lost the VC entirely, as well as see-through cockpit glass (shows up as black/grey).

I'm thinking the gauges should work in the 64 bit platform since they are all XML, but I'm having difficulty in getting the aircraft itself to render.

Do I have any options?

Many of his FS2004s were advertised as FSX too since they worked fine in that platform, but addons compiled from that era are not playing nice with P3Dv4 right now.
    A couple of things come to mind Sean. I believe that unless the airplane is a Native FSX (compiled with the FSX SDK) it will not go in V4 at all. . .so even though the 2004 version worked in FSX, they were still compiled as FS9 aircraft and that's the problem. You could try deleting the shaders and then restarting P3D_V4 to see if that helps, but I really doubt you'll have much luck. I have four of Tim's Native FSX airplanes in V4 and after a brief problem (I also had to delete the shaders to fix it) they have been exceptionally good airplanes in V4 with very low FPS.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

for example the Fieseler Storch,after converting with MCX
    it still has to replace the gauge files.

Members who have read this thread: 2