Computer Neanderthal

Thread: Computer Neanderthal

Icon28 Computer Neanderthal

Hi All,
    I have been using Sim Outhouse for some time, and I am still totally in awe of the tremendous talent of developers and repainters. A heart-felt thanks to you all, from an aging retired aviator who was brought up on round engines but flew turbines for most of his career. Through Flight Simulation, I can now fly many of the aircraft I admired as a small boy!! One problem I have though is that I am a Computer Neanderthal. As a consequence I have problems sometimes with downloads-for example I cannot find the great repaints by Huub Vink and SteveB for the A20 Havoc, in the Sim Outhouse Library. Any help please

Have you tried searching through the library by the author's name? For example, in the three "sort" boxes at the top of each sub-folder, there is one that is marked Keyword. Look through that for A20, HUUB, HUUB VINK, and so on.
    You can also click on the person's name in a post in the forums, and it will have a choice to see their uploads, I believe.
    Hope this helps a little...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

The library's search feature can be awkward, at least that's how it seems to me.

Before you go searching that way, you can find items posted within the last couple weeks by clicking on NEW on the Warbirds Library tab on the row of tabs near the top of each page. The New list will give you three pages of the most recent uploads.

That will give you some of Huub's recent skins. For the older ones you'll have to use the library search feature. Try different keywords, like Huub, Havoc, A-20, and you should find one that gives you some hits.

Steve's skins aren't in the library. He puts his skins up in his DropBox account and posts links in his forum posts. That may seem awkward, but it means that you won't have to wait 60 seconds between downloads like you have to with the library. There are more than forty pages in the A-20 thread, but I believe the posts with links to completed skins start on page 34. That's the thread in the FS2004 forum, the A-20 being an FS9 model.
    Last edited by Mick; September 22nd, 2017 at 11:12.

You can search by user name as well. One the right side of the search parameters there is a box for entering a user name. Just type their user name in the box, hit search and everything they've ever uploaded here will pop up.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Huub
    SteveB and his later stuff with links to his dropboxes, here.

Members who have read this thread: 0