So Far, So Good!

Thread: So Far, So Good!

So Far, So Good!

With some help from PayPal Credit, I was able to pull off purchasing a Corsair CX750M PSU to replace the Thermaltake 600W that seemed to be ailing. I was able to do a flight from Sherman Municipal to Carswell in the Beech 18, then land and switch to my Carenado HD Cessna 337 for the return flight to North Texas Regional. Total flight time 1hr and 10mins. Previously the longest I could fly before the PC died was about 15mins max and if I tried to fly at all with any of the V4 Carenado Airplanes it wouldn't last 5 minutes.

I'm not ready to declare total success yet. . .I've done that before and it turned around and bit me in the butt, lol. This was promising though and makes me feel more certain that the PSU was the problem. I admit that for the first 15 minutes of this flight I didn't breath much, lol. . .I just knew that at any second it was going to die on me and the search for the real problem would start all over again. But for now. . .so far, so good!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Sounds promising, Ed. Did you fly with your TrackIR?

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by lownslo View Post
    Sounds promising, Ed. Did you fly with your TrackIR?
    Greg
    That's next Greg. . .I didn't want to push my luck, lol. Also I haven't yet hit the right driver, I can only get one light on the camera to come on. I'm trying each one to see which one will work. The latest version does not.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Sounds like it was the PSU, I have had them go squirrely on me twice in the past. And fixing one problem at a time and verifying that it indeed fixes it is the way to go. Glad to see that your flying again. Carswell was by 1st B-52 assignment...love to fly around my home town!
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Members who have read this thread: 0