Backup of certain P3D Files

Thread: Backup of certain P3D Files

Backup of certain P3D Files

I'd like to know what files/directories should I backup in P3D V3.4?

I would definitely recommend you to backup the following folders:
    - P3D\texture
    - P3D\scenery\global\texture
    - P3D\scenery\World\texture

But let's be honnest, the best thing would be to simply make a giant ZIP/RAR archive of the full P3D folder

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I would definitely recommend you to backup the following folders:
    - P3D\texture
    - P3D\scenery\global\texture
    - P3D\scenery\World\texture

But let's be honnest, the best thing would be to simply make a giant ZIP/RAR archive of the full P3D folder
    Thanks for the input; copying the full folder would be nice but I think maybe there might be some windows registry entries left behind.

exe.xml
    dll.xml
    scenery.cfg

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks for the input; copying the full folder would be nice but I think maybe there might be some windows registry entries left behind.
    Yes, registry entries are a separate thing.
    However, having a big copy of your P3D folder would allow you to easilly "replace" some damaged parts of your actual P3D with original part.
    If you have enough space on your drive...

It is also useful to have a backup of the ShadersHLSL folder as programs like Reshade and PTA would change that. Some of them do include backup facilities, but it is best to be safe.

The effects folder is also prone to intrusions by addons, as I recently discovered. An addon that replaces a default effect may damage another one that uses that effect in its default state.

Members who have read this thread: 0