Down the rabbit hole.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Down the rabbit hole..

It's fuel flow gain, not scalar. Gain controls the acceleration, scalar controls consumption. Since turboprop .air files (other than jet .air files) do not possess a table 1505, it's hard to implement custom spooling behavior.
    You can try to leave it as is, as long as the value isn't too large.

The default 1505 table, by the way, is the reason why you're seeing the RPM and EGT "spike" during startup. I can only assume that MS coded it that way to ensure quicker startups.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    It's fuel flow gain, not scalar. Gain controls the acceleration, scalar controls consumption. Since turboprop .air files (other than jet .air files) do not possess a table 1505, it's hard to implement custom spooling behavior.
    You can try to leave it as is, as long as the value isn't too large.

The default 1505 table, by the way, is the reason why you're seeing the RPM and EGT "spike" during startup. I can only assume that MS coded it that way to ensure quicker startups.
    Point taken, my mistake. Probably right re the coding, because while pistons were not bad the turboprops were terrible compared to real life. Just a thought this gauge will probably be of no use in older turboprops, like the ones that used the dart etc where the starter spooled up the engine but a high pressure fuel cock was opened to introduce fuel and hence get a light, I will have a look at this and give it a go in the HS748, but curiously those models all had autostart guages installed anyway. Milton Schupes Dash 7 is however an ideal candidate, I will give at go tonight.

Bjoern - the gauge worked well on the Milton Schupe -Dash 7- nicely autostarted all four engines in sequence with correct lever movements and instrument indications.

Thought of Milton's Dash 7 as well. Good to hear that it works.

Non-PT6 turboprops always have me slightly confused. Darts are not free-wheeling, therefor the LP and HP cock and torque control by prop pitch. Same for the TPE with half a brain for semi-automatic fuel scheduling and manual fine adjustment in between.

If you haven't implemented my suggested fix(es) from a few months ago, you can also try the gauge and aircraft.cfg edit in Bill's Kodiak. The aircraft is a prime offender for a runaway engine during startup. (Can't blame him or Jerry, who did the FDE, though.)

Members who have read this thread: 0