Released: The Milviz Corsair - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Released: The Milviz Corsair

Be ready also for free expansion with set/package of historical skins : ).

Sub Lieutenant Donald J. Sheppard, No. 1836 Squadron, HMS Victorious, Sakishima Islands, East China Seas, May, 1945,
    Fleet Air Arm (Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve).

You can read this interesting story here:
    PART 1 http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNe...isode-One.aspx
    PART 2 http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNe...isode-Two.aspx
    PART 3 http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNe...itter-End.aspx

(Mk II, not clipped wings here)
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

That RN scheme would really be great if the correct/authentic "temperate sea" colors were used:

Also, I noticed in some of the paint schemes, for some reason the white lines in front of the windscreen aren't applied in relation to the panel lines as they should be - those white lines being of course tape, applied over the panel seems on early Corsairs in front of the windscreen to prevent leaking fuel from covering the windscreen in flight.

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Are you sure that isn't the intentional engine shake/rattle effect?
    No this happens in external view as well and panning itself stutters. I've ran the same test with other aircraft and don't get the stutters

[QUOTE=Bomber_12th; Also, I noticed in some of the paint schemes, for some reason the white lines in front of the windscreen aren't applied in relation to the panel lines as they should be - those white lines being of course tape, applied over the panel seems on early Corsairs in front of the windscreen to prevent leaking fuel from covering the windscreen in flight.[/QUOTE]

John, that is entirely my fault. I am redoing each and every scheme that has the tape as it should be. Really appreciate the heads up for detail. I will make the corrections available once finished in the next day or so. Thanks.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    That RN scheme would really be great if the correct/authentic "temperate sea" colors were used:
    The pallet is correct. Remeber just P3D has different kind of bright/lighting than FSX (simulate the sun effect by HDR) + on screenies You see saturation of PTA (enhancement of colours).
    Here example direct from texture:

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

Also, I noticed in some of the paint schemes, for some reason the white lines in front of the windscreen aren't applied in relation to the panel lines as they should be - those white lines being of course tape, applied over the panel seems on early Corsairs in front of the windscreen to prevent leaking fuel from covering the windscreen in flight.
    Yes, You have right, so here is the reason why I solved it on new skins for Skin Expansion pack, it was anti splash tape, example :
    http://s6.ifotos.pl/img/MVFG1D66J_qhqspwx.jpg

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Rivets??
    What rivets?
    Those 'Locomotive' bolt heads are just over the top.
    And the prop hub is still incorrect.
    I remain unconvinced.

I guess the masking tape in front of the cockpit wouldn't fit over the giant 'rivets'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Rivets??
    What rivets?
    Those 'Locomotive' bolt heads are just over the top.
    And the prop hub is still incorrect.
    I remain unconvinced.

I guess the masking tape in front of the cockpit wouldn't fit over the giant 'rivets'.
    Just a real pic showing the 'Locomotive' bolts, that are actually mostly panel screws and not rivets:

Also, what's wrong with the prop hub? (again real picture comparison above).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1670189.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    will there be a fsx version?
    Due to contractual reasons, no. P3D only.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    You have right. I forgot to put the layer of the tape level up. Easy to fix. It will be solved in the final version.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    will there be a fsx version?
    No.

Updated FG-1D Textures for Aircraft with Tape

There are two FG-1D paint schemes that use the tape to prevent oil leak. The replacement textures can be downloaded below. Just overwrite the originals.

FG-1D Marine's Dream Download HERE!!!

FG-1D VF-84 Download HERE!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Just a real pic showing the 'Locomotive' bolts, that are actually mostly panel screws and not rivets:
    Also, what's wrong with the prop hub? (again real picture comparison above).
    The prop hub size was raised very early on in another thread.
    Left is a restored Corsair, right is the Sim version, and I was referring to the over size cowl fasteners.
    Not exactly prominent on the restoration either.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Although I sincerely think that this discussion is steering away from the true virtues of this model, which are the systems, the FDE and their fidelity, carrier landing response, as well as the model accuracy, I am showing a pic of the Vintage Wings of Canada FG1D, before its current repaint, which is included in the MV pack, as well as a screenshot of the same in P3D v4:

The prop hub has been corrected, thanks to the people of this forum who noticed it. Your shot is old, before the correction, as many publicity shots have been made before this correction was made. As for the fasteners, it is not the size but the weathering applied to them. Repainters can easily tone them down if the scheme so requires, like in the one you show.

Now, I would really like to hear some feedback on how she flies, takes off and lands. It was really hard work during testing to help calibrate all of these.

I think that we have to be careful with the zoom factor when making screenshots. If the zoom factor is smaller than 1 the image is stretched horizontally. If you don't exactly view it from a 90 degree angle (larger than), as above, it can be stretched even more so. A real comparison can only be made viewing exactly from a 90° angle and with a zoom factor =1, and a real world shot for comparison needs to be in the same regime. No wide angle ( minimum ca. 50mm focal length at full 35mm frame to avoid wide angle distortions).

The "real real" evaluation is to compare the 3d model to a technical drawing. I'm highly confident that the 3d modeler did that when he designed the prop hub.

In the end, my overall sentiment is what Dimus said in the post before.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prepar3_D_2017-09-21_16-45-08-25.jpg  
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Now, I would really like to hear some feedback on how she flies, takes off and lands.
    +1 !

Thanks

I see Wells Sullivan has taken a look: -

Cheers

Paul

A comment on "restored" aircraft, especially flying ones; many have installed the commonly available CB 16 or 17 engines which have many operational advantages for an operating warbird as to parts, MX, TBO and whatnot being the motive power for still operating DC6 and C46.

as well the original corsair prop may not be mated to this C model engine....

What's wrong with the main landing gear shocks? They seem to be extended to maximum on all screenshots as if the aiplane has no weight.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    What's wrong with the main landing gear shocks? They seem to be extended to maximum on all screenshots as if the aiplane has no weight.
    How do they look when you add fuel tanks? Compressed or not?

They do, don't they. That can likely be addressed by adjustment a couple of parameters in the aircraft.cfg gear contact point.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

In the manual and and the development topic here are numerous paints that don’t seem to ship with the plane, where can these be obtained, or are they not released yet?

@deimos256
    Wait for expansion pack. I think next week or sooner.

It works:

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    I see Wells Sullivan has taken a look: -

Cheers

Paul
    That's a great video, Paul ! "Everything you always wanted to know about the Milviz FG-1D but were afraid to ask"

Thanks mucho!

cheers,
    jan

Bugs are in work. Just FYI.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 1