F-16 Head-Up Display in P3Dv4

Thread: F-16 Head-Up Display in P3Dv4

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

F-16 Head-Up Display in P3Dv4

I made a post in the LM P3D forum, but they did not resolve the problem and did not answer my posts lately. I wondr whether somone in this forum would know a solution.

I have a problem with the F-16 HUD when I use it with my Oculus Rift VR. The HUD is hardly readable, especially in sunny conditions. The problem seems to be related to the fact that the right lens of the Rift gives a much darker image (lower light intensity) than the left lens. This is a known issue with the Rift, but I never had problems with HUDs in v3 and do not seem to have this problem to any noticeable extent with the F-22 in v4. The left lens seems to give a proper F-16 HUD image, but with both lenses combined the symbology like the Flight Path Marker is unusable (probably due to my right eye dominance).
    Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a solution for it?

I can add that the HMD in Dino's Joint Strike Fighter is also very difficult to read in sunny, daylight conditions.

Best regards,
    Stickshaker

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    I made a post in the LM P3D forum, but they did not resolve the problem and did not answer my posts lately. I wondr whether somone in this forum would know a solution.

I have a problem with the F-16 HUD when I use it with my Oculus Rift VR. The HUD is hardly readable, especially in sunny conditions. The problem seems to be related to the fact that the right lens of the Rift gives a much darker image (lower light intensity) than the left lens. This is a known issue with the Rift, but I never had problems with HUDs in v3 and do not seem to have this problem to any noticeable extent with the F-22 in v4. The left lens seems to give a proper F-16 HUD image, but with both lenses combined the symbology like the Flight Path Marker is unusable (probably due to my right eye dominance).
    Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a solution for it?

I can add that the HMD in Dino's Joint Strike Fighter is also very difficult to read in sunny, daylight conditions.

Best regards,
    Stickshaker
    Have you asked aerosoft since its their F16 in LM

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Jeansy, good idea!

Well, LM says to me, to adjust the Viewpoint shift-backspace. The issue is that this does not work with TrackIR. There are planty of other HUD which do well. A pitty. IRIS F16D has the same issue. Hard to read.

Members who have read this thread: 0