Milton's Douglas A-20C Havoc conversion uploaded! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Milton's Douglas A-20C Havoc conversion uploaded!

This bird is quite a BuzzSaw now.

All it has to do is show up and targets voluntarily explode.

Dv

Douglas A-20C RAAF Field Modification.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Other

Description: Conversion Of Milton Shupe's Douglas A-20C Havoc for CFS2

RAAF Field Modification

Eight Forward Firing MG's Sheet Metal Nose

FS 2004 package by Milton Shupe, Tom Falley, William Ellis, Roman Stoviak; Sounds by Nigel Richards; Gauges by Scott Thomas, Rich (Real_Old_Salt) Murray, and Roman Stoviak. Original Pilot figures by Jan Visser and Craig Richardson.

Conversion to CFS2 Dvslats and Crew.

VC panel work by Peter Mercy.

Textures by SteveB, Bruce Ellis.

Enjoy,

Dave

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Douglas A-20C RAAF Field Modification.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Thank you Dave and Crew!

Chris

"A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    I have been a bit tied up for the past few days, but I have managed too rework the nose a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-cfs2-a20c-raafnose2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    Thank you Dave and Crew!

Chris
    Beautiful screen shots Chris! Thank you for posting those.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I have been a bit tied up for the past few days, but I have managed too rework the nose a bit.
    No worries Steve. I must say that is an improvement though. A very good blend from fuselage to nose.
    Thanks for putting in the time on this.

Dave

Here are the new nose textures for the RAAF model for you too try. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3glccmgm8...20new.zip?dl=0
    And I have just noticed that the left engine textures need a little adjustment where the underside paint meets the cowl ring, back in a bit with a fix.

Here are the fixed engine textures. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bvak31b5g...gines.zip?dl=0

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-cfs2-a20c-raafnose3.jpg  
    Last edited by SteveB; October 6th, 2017 at 03:45.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Thank you, Steve.

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    Thank you, Steve.

MR
    No worries MR, I started the RAAF paint scheme so I may as well finish it.

Steve

Here are the new nose textures for the RAAF model for you too try. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3glccmgm8...20new.zip?dl=0
    And I have just noticed that the left engine textures need a little adjustment where the underside paint meets the cowl ring, back in a bit with a fix.

Here are the fixed engine textures. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bvak31b5g...gines.zip?dl=0

Steve
    Thank you Steve! It just keeps getting better...was just going to upload the previous update. I'll put this one in now.

Dave

RAAF A-20s

No worries MR, I started the RAAF paint scheme so I may as well finish it.

Steve
    Hi SteveB, Great work. I am still trying to get CFS2 to work in Windows 10, but that aside and looking at the screenshots from MR it occurs to me that the crew need RAAF uniforms, or at least new caps. There are some good photos of Boston crews and their aircraft on the Australian War Memorial website and a whole section on Boston serials and 22 squadron markings on the ADF serials website, where there are some good colour photos of restored Bostons at Amberley in Queensland and Point Cook in Victoria. Also useful is the Wings Pallette site.
    Years ago someone did a repaint for the ALPHAsim Boston in the markings of Bill Newton's aircraft "Spirit of Sport". Any interest in doing this repaint for what must now be considered the definitive A-20C?
    This set of profiles might be useful, ir a litttle on the small side. The aircraft are A28-9 (DU-K), A28-9 (DU-K in later livery) "She's Apples", A28-16 (R) "Indoor Sport", A28-15 (DU-Q) "Spirit of Sport", A28-13 (B) "OOO!", A28-28 (DU-U) "Retribution", A28-22 ( no other markings, Australia 1942), A28-6 "Japanese Ghost Producer", A-20G A28-78 (DU-R) note US serials (photos of underwing US markings).

Cheers,
    Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22 sqn Bostons.jpg  
    Last edited by Ravenna; October 6th, 2017 at 18:29.

I thought I had already provided a RAF crew set, or maybe I meant too and forgot, easy too do when there are over 30 different schemes in 4 different sim's too keep track of.
    I still have 6 schemes underway awaiting completion for both the C and G models. So I cannot commit too any more schemes at the moment. My paintshop pro 7 layered masters are available for the RAAF cammo if anyone wants too have them and take on some repaints.

Here is the RAF Crew set: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz6z1r3i00..._a20c.zip?dl=0

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rafcrew3.jpg  

My paintshop pro 7 layered masters are available for the RAAF cammo if anyone wants too have them and take on some repaints.Steve
    If you have a link for the layered masters Steve, that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    If you have a link for the layered masters Steve, that would be great!
    Give me 30 min's ish and I'll get them uploaded too dropbox and post a link. I keep layered masters for each paint I make so if you want any of the others just holler.

Steve

Here you go the fuselage and engine textures have optional belly colours included included. These are the masters produced by Wellis, that I butchered/modified too work in my old Jasc paint shop pro 7.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r5h42o746...sters.zip?dl=0

Steve

Here you go the fuselage and engine textures have optional belly colours included included. These are the masters produced by Wellis, that I butchered/modified too work in my old Jasc paint shop pro 7.Steve
    Got them Steve. They open up fine in my Psp.7. Thank you!
    Now let's see what kind of damage I can do.

Members who have read this thread: 0