P3d loads default flight automically

Thread: P3d loads default flight automically

P3d loads default flight automically

Well, I spent most of Sunday afternoon trying to figure out why my P3D V3.4 would not load the startup screen but instead, loaded the default flight from scenario screen automatically.

IOW, P3d would load the default aircraft without stopping at the scenario screen first.

I went to some sites and some of them would say...ya gotta uninstall your SODE and load it back again. Well, I bit on that and what a mess that made.

I did a repair with the client and still had same issue. Finally, I found a site that offered a very simple suggestion that worked.

FWIW, I thought I'd share this info that I was didn't catch. As you can see, I outlined in red that some how became unticked .

When that was resolved, I had to replace SODE; I have the FSDT KMEM airport GSX. I had reinstalled an older version of SODE and the GSX would not

install until the old one was removed (It offered to removed it and install the newer version - that was a nice touch). I then registered SODE with P3D

and it created a addon manager which is a dropdown in the P3D screen, So, finally all the kings horses and all the kings men managed to get it all back

together again. The End.

Well that was quite a weird problem. Thanks for the explanations !

From my side, the only times I had my P3D behave strangely, it was caused by the default flight overriding some of my settings.
    After setting up the sim again, and saving a new default flight again, things were usually sorted out.

As a P3D newbie, I am finding my settings, particularly controls, are mysteriously re-set/go back to defaults compared with FSX where that very rarely happened.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

That does indeed happen, often after a P3D CTD. I have found it handy to keep my control settings saved in a file and reload them each time this happens.

That indeed happens , also your prepar3d.cfg may be reset to defaults , (saved as prepar3d,cfg.txt) if you want it back , to save your controls , set them to your liking and then click export , give them a name and save , you can do this for any AC and have a selction of different settings , to restore click on import and select the desired one, the files are saved in C:\Users\aero\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files and are a .xml file.

Jorge

Members who have read this thread: 0