I Messed up with the model............

Thread: I Messed up with the model............

I Messed up with the model............

I really want to have this bird in my CFS2 to complete my warbirds series but hell there's no other way to convert it as im blind with 3D stuff, maybe CFS2 guru like Allen,bearcat,shessi,dvslats and others knows better way
    this's the last time i try doin conversion with her in my desperate way suddenly i got this idea! what i do is doing genocide with it's model using meshlab and modelconverterx !
    and voila i got the model show up but still no luck with the interior conversion and some missing here and there..like a lots of small hole coz i send them arty and lost it's pilot !!
    well i'd too say there's so much fun for doin this..even im failed but im happy that this bird finally got show up ..

Why not just try this one and repaint it ??

P-51D
    by Andrew C Wai
    Great Panel by Sergy Golovachev
    Sliding canopy
    Multiple load outs
    A really nice piece

Download ****

http://thefreeflightsite.com/Aircraft_CFS2_5.htm
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    I really want to have this bird in my CFS2 to complete my warbirds series but hell there's no other way to convert it as im blind with 3D stuff, maybe CFS2 guru like Allen,bearcat,shessi,dvslats and others knows better way
    this's the last time i try doin conversion with her in my desperate way suddenly i got this idea! what i do is doing genocide with it's model using meshlab and modelconverterx !
    and voila i got the model show up but still no luck with the interior conversion and some missing here and there..like a lots of small hole coz i send them arty and lost it's pilot !!
    well i'd too say there's so much fun for doin this..even im failed but im happy that this bird finally got show up ..
    It is a good feeling, aye Wiek? You will be surprised at all of the ideas that will pop into your head once determination kicks in.
    Success is not always 100%. But to start is 80% of the solution.
    Nice job!

Dave

Nicely done wiekniera. Converting native FSX models to CFS2 has become the holy grail. I can see why you just had to have it...its a beauty.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Never knew native FSX models to CFS2 could be done at all!

Sadly it looks like it was hit with the FS04 any vertex closer than 4mm are auto weld looking at the prop cone. As for the 2 props and things like that. They are a SCASM edit thing and thats something I never got.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

@No Dice
    To be honest i don't have skill with skinning, i do some years ago porting texture, but it's just converting texture not from my own

Thanks Dave & Bearcat !! Thank you for your encouragement and motivation

@Allen
    The models itself lost the animation when it's porting to obj, how can i put back the animation if it's already save from obj to MDL ?

Wavefront .ob has no ability to keep animation data....
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Icon28

The years pass, and we follow the same questions. What do we call a conversion ?? It is much more than running a few programs. It is not the holy grail, if we accept to pay the price of labor. The animations in gmax are not so much work, compared to the construction of the model. I've already spent time on this. But I wonder why? To enjoy it alone, because I do not have permission of author to modify it and to share it? NOT WORTH IT.
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    The years pass, and we follow the same questions. What do we call a conversion ??...I've already spent time on this. But I wonder why? To enjoy it alone, because I do not have permission of author to modify it and to share it? NOT WORTH IT.
    Really Mario???? Why the sour tone? You may have done your time in "conversions" or not, but this thread is not about you. If Wiekniera wants to venture in, let him go as far as he likes. This is his thread to voice his interest in the subject, not your dis-interest.

As he said, "well i'd too say there's so much fun for doin this..even im failed but im happy that this bird finally got show up". If that's how he feels about it today, good for him...it is what it is. If you're contributing to this thread, some helpful, encouraging insights and tips from your vast experience would be better received.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Really Mario???? Why the sour tone? You may have done your time in "conversions" or not, but this thread is not about you. If Wiekniera wants to venture in, let him go as far as he likes. This is his thread to voice his interest in the subject, not your dis-interest.

As he said, "well i'd too say there's so much fun for doin this..even im failed but im happy that this bird finally got show up". If that's how he feels about it today, good for him...it is what it is. If you're contributing to this thread, some helpful, encouraging insights and tips from your vast experience would be better received.
    No tone! And of course it's not about me. On the contrary, I am not discouraging anyone, that's why I said that this is not "holy grail" as you said. On the contrary, I think you can do it, because in gmax the animations can take much less than making the model with all its scales. Only, there is a price to pay. I in this place for years have tried to encourage many people to make their own conversions, and I have not kept secrets. On the contrary, I have explained my progress and experiences. What I say, is that it is not worth burning the eyelashes to enjoy one only, since they can not be shared, and about this I spoke only of myself, and why I gave up. But not about this case. Personal learning, yes, they are worth it. Do not misunderstand me.
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Members who have read this thread: 0