Scenery Question

Thread: Scenery Question

Scenery Question

I downloaded a file called "Czech GA Airfields Revival 2017" It contains 73 airport files, for example "FSX-P3D LKBA" within the folder, it contains the usual "scenery" & "texture" folders but also has a separate file called "simobjects.xmo" my question is what is the .xmo file & where does it go ? The readme files don't mention it at all.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

I believe, although I may be wrong, that you should have a "master" folder, which contains the scenery, and texture folders, and the other file. I think, although seldom, that you add the "master" folder to your Scenery Library. You can unzip it to anywhere you like, as long as FSX can "see" the path to it. Most folks add things like that to their Add-on Scenery folder, but you don't have to.
    Say you have a folder titled Czech GA Airfields, with the scenery and texture folders inside, along with the .xmo file. You would add Czech GA Airfields to your Scenery Library as is. Don't move the files to anywhere else.

Does this help at all?
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by T Square View Post
    I downloaded a file called "Czech GA Airfields Revival 2017" It contains 73 airport files, for example "FSX-P3D LKBA" within the folder, it contains the usual "scenery" & "texture" folders but also has a separate file called "simobjects.xmo" my question is what is the .xmo file & where does it go ? The readme files don't mention it at all.
    Since it isn't mentioned and isn't in the "scenery" folder, I would say it's probably an extraneous file related to the placement of the scenery objects for the project. Not mentioned. . .only way to be sure is to activate the scenery as is in your scenery library. . .if everything shows as it should . .then that single file was not needed. If it is needed and the developer failed to alert you to it. . . .bad, bad boy! I've personally never seen a scenery file with that extension, if it were me, I'd see how the scenery loads, if it appears ok. . .that file would go in the recycle bin.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Just for grins, I changed the "xmo" to "xml". . . .

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Objects Version="1"><!-- VersionRequired Folder="Misc\FlightPort_SimObjects" MinVersion="21"></VersionRequired -->
    <Windsock Name="LKSU WS"><PositionData><Latitude Value="49.963315992"/><Longitude Value="17.018658734"/><AltitudeFeet Value="1102"/></PositionData><VisibilityDistance Value="4"/><!-- Use default Speeds <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m Low" WindSpeed="0"/> <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m Medium" WindSpeed="3"/> <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m High" WindSpeed="14"/> -->
    </Windsock><Standard Name="LKSU Mast rot weiss"><ObjectName Value="Flightport Mast rot weiss"/><PositionData><Latitude Value="49.963315992"/><Longitude Value="17.018658734"/><AltitudeFeet Value="1084"/></PositionData><VisibilityDistance Value="4"/><Conditions> </Conditions></Standard><Windsock Name="LKMI WS"><PositionData><Latitude Value="50.3008072"/><Longitude Value="17.2931306"/><AltitudeFeet Value="1378"/></PositionData><VisibilityDistance Value="4"/><!-- Use default Speeds <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m Low" WindSpeed="0"/> <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m Medium" WindSpeed="3"/> <Object Name="Flightport Windsock 2500mm 4m High" WindSpeed="14"/> -->
    </Windsock><Standard Name="LKMI Mast rot weiss"><ObjectName Value="Flightport Mast rot weiss"/><PositionData><Latitude Value="50.3008072"/><Longitude Value="17.2931306"/><AltitudeFeet Value="1360"/></PositionData><VisibilityDistance Value="4"/><Conditions> </Conditions></Standard><LandingT Name="LKSU Landing T"><PositionData><Latitude Value="49.963316591"/><Longitude Value="17.018511883"/></PositionData><ObjectName Value="Flightport Lande T yellow"/><MainDirection Value="3"/></LandingT><LandingT Name="LKMI Landing T"><PositionData><Latitude Value="50.2998786"/><Longitude Value="17.2907233"/></PositionData><ObjectName Value="Flightport Lande T yellow"/><MainDirection Value="38"/></LandingT></Objects>

I would say it isn't important to the final scenery, possibly a working xml file that got left behind, otherwise I think it would have been mentioned.

Current System Specs:

Blog Entries
    an XMO file is an adobe "authorware Movie Driver" file.. Apparently, the scenery makes calls to this file to drive something within the scenery, but i've never seen anything like this used before.. From Ed's post above, it appears to be driving the animation for the windsock and mast..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    an XMO file is an adobe "authorware Movie Driver" file.. Apparently, the scenery makes calls to this file to drive something within the scenery, but I've never seen anything like this used before.. From Ed's post above, it appears to be driving the animation for the windsock and mast..
    Interesting Pam. . .where would the file need to be placed?

Current System Specs:

Was SODE (SimObject Display Engine) installed with this or another scenery?
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

SODE (SimObject Display Engine) not installed that I know of. No Knowledge of "SODE".
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

If you download the scenery from here that file is not included,
    so there is no need to speculate what it might be.
    Regards,
    Nick

Members who have read this thread: 0